Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reggie Wayne weighs in

SkyBane

1 minute ago, Gabriel Alexander Morillo said:

I saw him run a go route where the coverage % itself and let him streak wide open. Are you kidding me?  Literally any receiver worthy of being in the NFL would have caught that ball.  It was a perfect pass and quite literally no one within a mile of him even attempting to cover him. It wasn't because of spectacular route running it was because of a busted coverage.

The best part about that is on that one play Dorsett got over a quarter of yards for the season. From one catch. 

Hell even the coaches must've realized how one dimensional he is because they opted for Chester Rogers in 2 receiver sets over him. Hopefully it's because the pain in his ankle was too great and not because he's not a good wide reciever. 

What are you talking about?

Who are you even talking to?

The Dorsett route involved no cutting on the ankle.....    he ran straight and he ran fast.     That's pretty much all he could do.     We didn't ask him to do much sharp cutting.      

Why are you having trouble understanding this?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Everybody does it.

But nobody does it the entire game.      And that's what people here are talking about.

I think they should start the game with it, for sure. Not all game, but the offense clearly plays better when they're up tempo, so if you want to get out to a good start... 

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

What are you talking about?

Who are you even talking to?

The Dorsett route involved no cutting on the ankle.....    he ran straight and he ran fast.     That's pretty much all he could do.     We didn't ask him to do much sharp cutting.      

Why are you having trouble understanding this?

I'm using that play to demonstrate to you that he's not a good player and is a one trick pony. He has a 1/4 of his yards from just ONE play. 

I'm not talking about an injury because if he played then that's not an excuse. If the ankle was bad enough that he couldn't cut; he should not have played. Also I don't see any reports saying his routes and physical abilities were limited to that extent. 

Have you ever considered not constantly using Ellipses in your posts? Very annoying to read when they're not used correctly.  

The Colts went no huddle from beginning of the game until the end?

Is that what you're saying?

Do the Colts know this?

Actually yes.  There are many of us here who can attest to this when Peyton Manning was QB.  just curious, when did you start watching the Colts?

The Colts went no huddle from beginning of the game until the end?

Is that what you're saying?

Do the Colts know this?

You definitely exposed yourself as a "New Colts Fan" by the way with this statement.  The Colts used to run no huddle the entire game until they were up by 3 TDs with 4-5 mins left in the 4th.  

11 minutes ago, Mr Coffee said:

Actually yes.  There are many of us here who can attest to this when Peyton Manning was QB.  just curious, when did you start watching the Colts?

I watched the Colts during the Manning years....  but I'm just talking about the nationally televised games.

And I've watched almost every game of the Luck years.

3 hours ago, SkyBane said:

As a point of interest, yes in fact. Peyton Manning very famously called the majority of his plays from the line of scrimmage, never huddling. It was a hallmark of his tenure here. The Manning era was notable for it's use of no huddle, which was implemented through a very simple offensive scheme that relied on supreme timing and execution. Reggie Wayne was a big part of this offense as well, which makes him rather familiar with what's involved, I imagine.

Cut him some slack.  He is a " new Colts Fan".  He admitted he has been a fan for 4.5 years.  

3 hours ago, SkyBane said:

As a point of interest, yes in fact. Peyton Manning very famously called the majority of his plays from the line of scrimmage, never huddling. It was a hallmark of his tenure here. The Manning era was notable for it's use of no huddle, which was implemented through a very simple offensive scheme that relied on supreme timing and execution. Reggie Wayne was a big part of this offense as well, which makes him rather familiar with what's involved, I imagine.

Cut him some slack.  He is a " new Colts Fan".  He admitted he has been a fan for 4.5 years.  

8 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

I watched the Colts during the Manning years....  but I'm just talking about the nationally televised games.

And I've watched almost every game of the Luck years.

After reading what I wrote, not only did I accidentally double post, but I feel like I came across as disrespectful, and I apologize for that.  My apologies.  But yeah, Wayne was under the no huddle offense with Manning for quite a few years.  It was quite fun to watch!   We were able to put up points in bunches and have teams in their knees begging for mercy quite quickly.  I believe the last team to utilize the no huddle offense quite regularly before the Colts was the mid 90s Bills team with QB Jim Kelly at the helm if I'm not mistaken.  

On 10/2/2016 at 7:37 PM, SkyBane said:

Didn't see a thread about this, thought I'd share:

He's quite the proponent for running the hurry up more.

It's like nobody realized that Brady is so good for so long because he's untouched and is one of the quickest in ball release. We have the quickest trio in the league in TY, Moncrief, and Dorsett, a porous O line and an injury prone QB and we try to take time to let plays develop and throw it deep hoping for a flag.

2 minutes ago, indy1888 said:

Just watched Reggie tear Grigson apart on NFL network, called him the main problem with this team and listed several of his roster blunders.  Good to see.

Doubt he would ever say anything bad about Pags   they have a long history,   so since hes now being paid to do so he should also call out the horrible coaching job that is going on

I like the idea of a hurry to line offense. Let Luck pick a play based on what he see's. 4 yard pass here and there is just like a run if they catch it. Might open bigger chunks of running lanes in the red zone. If we score early and often that helps are defense more than the run.

On 10/3/2016 at 6:47 PM, Mr Coffee said:

Quoted for extreme exaggeration. 

Likely, in order to win an argument, but still.......

No huddle, from beginning to end, was never the MO. Fun to talk about, though.

They would go with it for long stretches, here and there, but typically Peyton was given a set of 3 plays, in the huddle, then there was a lot of posturing (audibles) at the LOS. THAT was the norm.

Trent Cole's response to Reggie per FB:

"I don't respond to media, but I can't stand people who think they know whats going on like he is in the building amongst us, playing beside me and know what some players going through. Put your drink down quit smoking cigars, watch the dam game and look at playing time of different players and stats!!!!!!!! The film don't lie. So don't use my name ever again because if you do, these things you will take back them words of time I was playing. I stay in my lane, because I'm here for my team. This goes for everybody and certainly Reggie Wayne. Reggie I have all respect for you, you will always be a Colt for life. I know you are mad about what you are seeing but this is not the way to talk about the team who gave you opportunity!"

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Cant read some of it for some reason as my screen has some of the words cut off but I get the just of it. Cole has been a disappointment unfortunately.

Yeah, I changed it to text format because it was messed up.