Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Glad we won tonight as it was much needed. I wont evaluate this team until after 30 games. We will know a lot by then.

We have so many new players.....they have to learn to play together...and they have to learn it in games,.

That's how GSW has been blown out twice so far. They'll get it together and we will, too..

We're not playing good defense and I think its because we have a guy from the Nets and a guy from the Hawks and a guy from the Bulls and  a guy from the Hornets..

It would be a surprise if we did play well together the first half of the season..

7 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

We have so many new players.....they have to learn to play together...and they have to learn it in games,.

That's how GSW has been blown out twice so far. They'll get it together and we will, too..

We're not playing good defense and I think its because we have a guy from the Nets and a guy from the Hawks and a guy from the Bulls and  a guy from the Hornets..

It would be a surprise if we did play well together the first half of the season..

Yep, that's why I say I give it at least 30 games.

Jefferson has struggled with his shot early on but he has a lengthy history demonstrating that wont last. He is not going to be a big contributor like he was in Charlotte and Utah. He is not in that kind of shape. What your going to get from him on average is what David West is now. he will come in and contribute a little bit but his biggest contribution will come in practice and in the locker room

I'd like to see Thad get more minutes. Mcmillan has him playing 30 minutes a game. I'd like him to be up to 32-34 because he can do it and the drop off in talent behind him is significant

We are still probably 2 years and 2 solid drafts from a serious title run. We don't have all the pieces just yet. Until then  I think its fair to expect a top 2-3-4 seed in the East given our starting talent and skill and deep playoff runs. We still don't have quite enough to take down the giant in the East known as Cleveland......But our time is coming

15 hours ago, Gavin said:

Jefferson has struggled with his shot early on but he has a lengthy history demonstrating that wont last. He is not going to be a big contributor like he was in Charlotte and Utah. He is not in that kind of shape. What your going to get from him on average is what David West is now. he will come in and contribute a little bit but his biggest contribution will come in practice and in the locker room

I'd like to see Thad get more minutes. Mcmillan has him playing 30 minutes a game. I'd like him to be up to 32-34 because he can do it and the drop off in talent behind him is significant

We are still probably 2 years and 2 solid drafts from a serious title run. We don't have all the pieces just yet. Until then  I think its fair to expect a top 2-3-4 seed in the East given our starting talent and skill and deep playoff runs. We still don't have quite enough to take down the giant in the East known as Cleveland......But our time is coming

I agree on Thad. Thad is having a very nice start to his Pacers career.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/pelicans-lance-stephenson-diagnosed-with-groin-injury-out-indefinitely/

Lance has some sort of groin injury that will require surgery and with his contracted being basically non guaranteed and the team having other injuries to deal with they just decided to cut him. Sounds like he will be out a while. Seems like they plan to release him to sign Archie Goodwin

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Dreadful first quarter. And its not even over yet.

The sad part is that the Hornets are doing this and Williams and Batum have not even gotten going yet. If the Pacers continue to play without effort and intensity up to halftime I'm putting my backups in and sending the message if you don't want to give effort on defense and play with intensity you wont play

Just now, Luck12-to-Hilton13 said:

Bird knows he made a mistake firing Vogel. Rather have a defensive minded HC over Offensive. 

Nate was on the staff to, Its not like he doesn't know how to coach defense. Defense is mainly about effort  and getting loose balls after that initial effort. We are 27th in the league in allowing offensive rebounds. 26th in the league in total rebounds per game

On average we have only contested 55.3% of the shots take against our defense as well. That's about effort http://stats.nba.com/league/team/#!/hustle/?sort=CONTESTED_SHOTS&dir=-1

We deflect 14.6 balls a game on average but only recover 4

They don't talk much on defense. All this is effort

9 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Maybe Bird should Coach us?

The team lacks a real leader. They got guys that get points but no talkers on the court. Nobody to tell others where they are supposed to be on defense. PG isn't a true leader. If you an go back in Kobe Bryants games or watch his documentary you can see him telling Shaq and other players where they should be or where they want them to go. We don't have that guy to set everyone straight

1 hour ago, Gavin said:

The team lacks a real leader. They got guys that get points but no talkers on the court. Nobody to tell others where they are supposed to be on defense. PG isn't a true leader. If you an go back in Kobe Bryants games or watch his documentary you can see him telling Shaq and other players where they should be or where they want them to go. We don't have that guy to set everyone straight

David West was our guy for that.  We haven't had anyone to replace him.  A younger Al Jefferson may have been able to fit that role, but I think he's accepted that he's no longer a starter in the NBA, so he isn't as vocal

2 hours ago, 21isSuperman said:

David West was our guy for that.  We haven't had anyone to replace him.  A younger Al Jefferson may have been able to fit that role, but I think he's accepted that he's no longer a starter in the NBA, so he isn't as vocal

I agree David West was a leader and our 2nd best player only behind PG in our 2 ECFinal runs in 2013 and 2014. We haven't come close to replacing that.

75 points in the first half is all we could take.  After a nice relaxing vacation, who needed to watch that effort.

With comments coming out from your 'supposed leader,' it is very disturbing to me.

Also his production.  Six turnovers last week.  13 points does not cut it when you are a so-called all star.

3 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

75 points in the first half is all we could take.  After a nice relaxing vacation, who need that effort.

With comments coming out from your 'supposed leader,' it is very disturbing to me.

Also his production.  Six turnovers last week.  13 points does not cut it when you are a so-called all star.

Watching us play is so infuriating. We are too talented to be playing like such crap.