Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)

• Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎10‎/‎25‎/‎2016 at 6:41 PM, MTC said:

If Yogi wasn't talented enough to make the horrible Nets roster, then why would he be a good pickup for Indiana?

The premise is wrong...Yogi was an undrafted free agent//.sometimes they dont get a chance.

Nets didn't day they cut him because he has inadequate talent.

There is no question he can play...,.the question is can he play at his size.

..why wouldn't you pick up an in-state all-BNig-10 player and send him to the minors to try him out?

....what would stop you from doing that

21 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

The premise is wrong...Yogi was an undrafted free agent//.sometimes they dont get a chance.

Nets didn't day they cut him because he has inadequate talent.

There is no question he can play...,.the question is can he play at his size.

..why wouldn't you pick up an in-state all-BNig-10 player and send him to the minors to try him out?

....what would stop you from doing that

The reason why every other team won't do it. They don't think he can play on this level. He'll have to prove them wrong and it potentially may be overseas.

I know it is only the first game but this is what I'm afraid will happen all season and this will stop us from maximizing our potential. We can't go from losing games 99-95 to losing games 115-110. If we want to play faster the defense still has to hold up. 

They need to look at tape better. Play tougher off screens and stay in front of your man. You cannot leave a man every possession and leave someone wide open for three.

Nice finish. This was a big problem for us last year so good to see us get this first victory.

This was a good challenge for us to start with. Rick Carlisle is a great coach and his team's defense is always on point. We have to work on the offense when we need to slow down and the defense has to stick to their man or quickly dodge the picks.

We better not be giving up 18 3's if we want to do anything this year.. but good win.

Oh and Myles Turner is a BEAST! PG cannot disappear at the end of games though.

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

we're not going to lose many shootouts..

...we have a lot more firepower than last year.

We may lose...but we're going to score much more

Yeah but I can see us losing a lot of games like this. Like by a score of 115-110 instead of the low scoring losses we usually have. We could pull a lot of these games out if Teague, Ellis, PG, and Turner all impact down the stretch like they did tonight.

2 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Yeah but I can see us losing a lot of games like this. Like by a score of 115-110 instead of the low scoring losses we usually have. We could pull a lot of these games out if Teague, Ellis, PG, and Turner all impact down the stretch like they did tonight.

Well, I'm sure they will work on their D.  They have to, also their half court game, Nate McMillian seems like he knows his stuff so I'm sure they will improve and gel.  This is a completely new team, new faces even with the capability to be decent on both sides of the ball.  It will take some time but this team has the potential to be dynamic.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

Maybe...

I see exactly the opposite...we'll lose games when we're off....98-93    101-89

,,,but we wont lose a lot when we're 'on'.... 

...its going to be funny..we're the team that now wants to pick up the pace and take the early shot

3 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I'm still amazed at how our management looked at Myles Turner at his one year in  college..

averaging about 8 points and saw what he is now..

How many teams passed on him?

He was the 11th pick. CBS gave us a D for the pick. Many of my friends were mad we didn't get Trey Lyles. I think we made the right choice.

4 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

He was the 11th pick. CBS gave us a D for the pick. Many of my friends were mad we didn't get Trey Lyles. I think we made the right choice.

:lol:

I was even intrigued by him and didn't mind the pick at all.  I was worried about some of the issues he allegedly had with his footing due to his extremely large feet but it seems like he sure as heck seems fine.  Hopefully he has a great career with the Pacers for many years to come.