Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2016-2017 Indiana Pacers season (and the rest of the NBA)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 5.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Thad Young with 10 boards!

I did not check how many turnovers we had.....

 

Thad is really going to help us.  Big Al with some moves in the post.  Niang 12 points...Stuckey 11.  Good stuff Supe21!!

 

I found it.  We only committed 11 turnovers, rebounds 67-50.  So efficient in the first game.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I was chatting with Gavin last night as I was able to catch the Warriors game late and was thinking our games should be on FS1. I miss the game but seen the highlights and we looked good, even Big Al was scoring haha 

Big Al can score.  Ask Roy Hibbert. :)  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I figured some games would be, I was unable to catch last nights game but heard it wasn't on TV.

 

Hey Dude just watched the replay the game started a lil slow but was a decent game , been anxiously waiting for some Blue & Gold & was happy with what I saw rookie Niang was IMO not bad I liked the ball movement & defense looked pretty good , I hated seeing S Hill on the Pelicans I really liked him & Lance seemed like a shadow of his former self I sure am glad he's not on our Pacers .

 

I have a link for ya if you want to check out the game I think most will be impressed with our new look Pacers .

 

http://nbahd.net/2016/10/04/watch-replay-pacers-vs-pelicans-replays-full-gam/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

 

Hey Dude just watched the replay the game started a lil slow but was a decent game , been anxiously waiting for some Blue & Gold & was happy with what I saw rookie Niang was IMO not bad I liked the ball movement & defense looked pretty good , I hated seeing S Hill on the Pelicans I really liked him & Lance seemed like a shadow of his former self I sure am glad he's not on our Pacers .

 

I have a link for ya if you want to check out the game I think most will be impressed with our new look Pacers .

 

http://nbahd.net/2016/10/04/watch-replay-pacers-vs-pelicans-replays-full-gam/

Thanks for the link, yeah I missed the game. I am looking forward to the season. Pacers look strong! Unbelievable how Paul George has recovered from his injury. He is a Top 10 player in the league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks for the link, yeah I missed the game. I am looking forward to the season. Pacers look strong! Unbelievable how Paul George has recovered from his injury. He is a Top 10 player in the league.

 

Yeah I was bummed out not being able to see the game when it was on but was really happy once I watched the replay so many new players & the team really did look better , Bird has assembled a team that us long time fans can enjoy .

As I watched it seemed the easy baskets for the pelicans were'nt as easy as years past , & T Young gave me a few Dale Davis flashbacks so i'm looking forward to the Bulls game I have it set up on the DVR & will give it a half hour then join the game in progress I like to FF thru some of the nonsense .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

 

Yeah I was bummed out not being able to see the game when it was on but was really happy once I watched the replay so many new players & the team really did look better , Bird has assembled a team that us long time fans can enjoy .

As I watched it seemed the easy baskets for the pelicans were'nt as easy as years past , & T Young gave me a few Dale Davis flashbacks so i'm looking forward to the Bulls game I have it set up on the DVR & will give it a half hour then join the game in progress I like to FF thru some of the nonsense .

I love our depth and the additions of Teague, Young, and Big Al are huge. Hopefully Turner has a break out season as well, he is a solid player. Paul George will be in the running for MVP because I think we win 55 games or so this season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I love our depth and the additions of Teague, Young, and Big Al are huge. Hopefully Turner has a break out season as well, he is a solid player. Paul George will be in the running for MVP because I think we win 55 games or so this season.

 

Dude Miles became my favorite player last year as I watched the game I was thinking where is the big kid ? then i looked behind the bench & I thought I saw him in street clothes I was like good .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

 

Dude Miles became my favorite player last year as I watched the game I was thinking where is the big kid ? then i looked behind the bench & I thought I saw him in street clothes I was like good .

That was the steal of that Draft when Bird got him. Bird is great at Drafting. Some people may not know but PG didn't get drafted until 10th in his Draft.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

That was the steal of that Draft when Bird got him. Bird is great at Drafting. Some people may not know but PG didn't get drafted until 10th in his Draft.

When Bird drafted Paul George, I did not know who he was and I watch a ton of college basketball.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BrentMc11 said:

When Bird drafted Paul George, I did not know who he was and I watch a ton of college basketball.

I knew of him but I was like he probably will be Average to Good at best haha Shows how much I know. He is a Top 10 player. When got injured I thought it was over but man he has came back good as ever. He was the best player in the Raptors series, we just blew Game 5.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I knew of him but I was like he probably will be Average to Good at best haha Shows how much I know. He is a Top 10 player. When got injured I thought it was over but man he has came back good as ever. He was the best player in the Raptors series, we just blew Game 5.

With the guys around him this year, I think he will get to maybe top 5 in the league.  I hope the Pacers limit their injuries...I would like to see a healthy Stuckey and Brooks on that second unit.  Joe Young played well the other night as well.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, BrentMc11 said:

With the guys around him this year, I think he will get to maybe top 5 in the league.  I hope the Pacers limit their injuries...I would like to see a healthy Stuckey and Brooks on that second unit.  Joe Young played well the other night as well.

I predict 55 wins if we stay healthy. Cavs, Celtics, and Raptors look strong too but I think in the end it's going to come down to PG vs LeBron in the East. Just like old times!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I predict 55 wins if we stay healthy. Cavs, Celtics, and Raptors look strong too but I think in the end it's going to come down to PG vs LeBron in the East. Just like old times!

I said the exact number on my friends FB page.  He has a good sports radio show here.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Bluefire4 said:

After watching this game I wish we could have got rid of Stuckey. Still the same horrible shot selection and still no defense.

The Pistons won't have Reggie Jackson for an indefinite period of time and they're looking for a point guard.  Maybe we could see if they'll bite on Stuckey (he has ties to Detroit) or Monta?  Not sure what we'd ask for in return though

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Bluefire4 said:

After watching this game I wish we could have got rid of Stuckey. Still the same horrible shot selection and still no defense.

When he was healthy he had some 30 pt. games for us.  He in my opinion is a strong bench player.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The Pistons won't have Reggie Jackson for an indefinite period of time and they're looking for a point guard.  Maybe we could see if they'll bite on Stuckey (he has ties to Detroit) or Monta?  Not sure what we'd ask for in return though

Interesting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, BrentMc11 said:

I would be happy with #2.

Yeah I think the Cavs will end up with HCA and the Pacers, Celtics, and Raptors will be close in record. I think the Raptors wont duplicate last seasons 56 wins, they will drop a little but not much. I see us at 55 though, we lost a ton of close games last season and now added depth and a player like Teague.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yeah I think the Cavs will end up with HCA and the Pacers, Celtics, and Raptors will be close in record. I think the Raptors wont duplicate last seasons 56 wins, they will drop a little but not much. I see us at 55 though, we lost a ton of close games last season and now added depth and a player like Teague.

I totally agree.  We could have been a 2 seed last year with those losses.  I think it was something like 21 games 1-3 points and last quarter failures.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

The Pistons won't have Reggie Jackson for an indefinite period of time and they're looking for a point guard.  Maybe we could see if they'll bite on Stuckey (he has ties to Detroit) or Monta?  Not sure what we'd ask for in return though

It won't happen. We're not trading anyone this close to the start of the season.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I predict 55 wins if we stay healthy. Cavs, Celtics, and Raptors look strong too but I think in the end it's going to come down to PG vs LeBron in the East. Just like old times!

we're a 50-win team....a lot of it comes down to how much Monta Ellis can contribute offensively off the ball

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Damn good game tonight by multiple players, We cant expect to shoot nearly as well as we did from 3 often like we did tonight but several players had a good game. The biggest thing I took away from it however was at halftime and Paul George was interviewed he said he learned to find other ways to affect the game. I'm hoping that comes with the pass getting other involved because he can get his shot almost anytime he wants if he is aggressive and doesn't just settle for jump shots

 

I was most impressed by Thad Young and Glenn Robinson

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...