Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

lamey

RockThatBlue

10 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Just say frunkin Bob and you will be ok. I love ya! I will miss him when he retires. This may be his last season. He is not only an outstanding announcer but a fan of the team. Stuff happens. Shocked he didn't drop an F bomb after that ridiculous Offensive PI call on Rogers.

3 hours ago, csmopar said:

Wthr said this evening that the FCC "may " fine him and the Colts radio networks up to 265,000 dollars for the slip. A slip he said himself he didn't realize he made and was extremely apologetic. 

well if he's getting paid right, that's only one year's salary.  maybe the network can split it with him.

On 9/26/2016 at 0:24 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He's the best Indiana announcer we have ever had and it's not even close. Overall not sure where he ranks but at least Top 10 at worse probably. Mark Boyle is awesome too. We have had some great one's here.

Do you remember him in turn 4 at Indy?  The Marvin Johnson fight?  One of the best hockey fight and boxing announcers I have ever heard.

On 9/25/2016 at 9:56 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Lamey was awesome when he announced the Pacers. I remember as a kid I was always looked forward to listening to him on the radio.

I was in say 8th grade or so.  We went to a Pacers/Celtics game that Larry and the Celtics just were killing us.  Enter Billy Knight.

My friends dad said it is over, lets head out.  I was sad because I live the Pacers and watched Larry growing up.  We left.  Lamey was on radio, Billy Knight had 40 and Bird 46.

I was at home listening to the end of the Pacers WIN over the Celtics.  I think Billy ended up with 51 and Alex English about 38.  What a great broadcast that was.  3 overtimes by the way...:)

He almost said it years ago.   It finally slipped out.  Doesn't seem typical of him, but in those instances, his passion was running high.  Still can't be said on radio or TV, even though many were likely thinking the same things, even if it is not typical of them either.

Little fine, some time... all goes away.

Yeah, not hearing Bob's voice inflections anymore during games, really makes me miss my XM satellite radio. So what if he swore over the air? It happens. He's just being passionate about Colt Football. Bob's a legend behind the mike. He's entitled to a dozen mistakes at least. A great guy. 

On 9/26/2016 at 6:19 PM, csmopar said:

Wthr said this evening that the FCC "may " fine him and the Colts radio networks up to 265,000 dollars for the slip. A slip he said himself he didn't realize he made and was extremely apologetic. 

I would be hugely disappointed in the FCC if he was fined that much.      It clearly was not deliberate,  he has no prior history of doing such things,  and he's extremely apologetic.....

That would be a giant over-reach by the FCC to fine an announcer like that. 

A miscarriage of justice.....

Hope it never happens......