Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Jimmy Garrapolo

oldunclemark

24 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Garropolo out for the day...and, seeing what happened.  it would be a surprise if he was somehow well enough to go Thursday

Does any body remember last year when Luck got hurt on his throwing shoulder, it was leaked a shoulder subluxation  / separation (which is NOT quite a ball out of socket separation), which was quickly denied?  And Pagano said it was just a sore shoulder, meanwhile Luck missed a few weeks vs. Jags and Texans? Well, Garrapolo now has the same "sore shoulder" Luck had... also known as an AC Joint seaparation. He  might miss the next two games, depending the grade separation he suffered.  Just as the 18 million+ / year checks were starting to be written out to him in future seasons

3 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I didn't say otherwise

All I was saying originally is that it's apples to oranges. Of course Brissett could win on Thursday, but I don't think it's likely. Siemian has a monster defense and a good trip of receivers on his side. The Patriots have Belichick, of course, but they almost let Miami come back to win today after Jimmy went down. 

6 minutes ago, QwizBoy said:

All I was saying originally is that it's apples to oranges. Of course Brissett could win on Thursday, but I don't think it's likely. Siemian has a monster defense and a good trip of receivers on his side. The Patriots have Belichick, of course, but they almost let Miami come back to win today after Jimmy went down. 

Very true,   But I'm guessing the hoodie will have a different game plan for the rookie

13 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

They've dodged the worst case scenario as far as I'm concerned. I'm not saying they'll end up 2-2 (that Bills game in 2 weeks is still winnable), but even if they do I think they'll still be in a good position for one of the byes.

I believe Brissett will win one, maybe both if BB schemes are brilliant (as they often are).

I don't think we Garoppolo the rest of the year, but he should be healthy in a couple weeks, unless it is so bad surgery is necessary..  But Tom Brady will be back by then too, so...

20 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

Miami looks like they did last year.

Some games..they don't seem to have any spirit....once things go bad

Moats D changed it up trying play cute to eat clock for the rookie QB who came in cold. Game would have been iced if our kicker had not missed an easy FG. (Which is unusual)

also so the rook was 6/9 92 yards and 2 of those Inc were drops. So the kid can play the problem is he doesn't read D as well as Jimmy G or Brady, but what rook would. 

The O of the Texans doesn't scare me but your D does.

5 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I believe Brissett will win one, maybe both if BB schemes are brilliant (as they often are).

I don't think we Garoppolo the rest of the year, but he should be healthy in a couple weeks, unless it is so bad surgery is necessary..  But Tom Brady will be back by then too, so...

Having seen the circus that is already unfolding in Buffalo, it would be foolish to think that the Pats can't win that game at home even with Brissett. This Thursday though...yeah....I'm having a tough time coming up with an optimistic spin.

1 hour ago, Bad Morty said:

Having seen the circus that is already unfolding in Buffalo, it would be foolish to think that the Pats can't win that game at home even with Brissett. This Thursday though...yeah....I'm having a tough time coming up with an optimistic spin.

2 weeks does not a circus make.

the Bills have sort of a bye and a new offensive guy. I'm still taking Bills.

The Patriots week and a half wont help JB get any better

1 hour ago, BertJones said:

2 weeks does not a circus make.

the Bills have sort of a bye and a new offensive guy. I'm still taking Bills.

The Patriots week and a half wont help JB get any better

What do you mean by "the Bills have sort of a bye"? They are playing the Cardinals this week, then the Pats the following week.

16 hours ago, Bad Morty said:

As long as Belichick is coaching the Pats have a good chance, even if Edelman is under center.

Too bad Jimmy G got injured on Sunday.  He was looking great for the first game and half.   Hopefully, he might be able to play against Buffalo.  If not, then Jacoby Brissett, our 3rd round pick, should be able to tread water in the next two games.  Be nice to win one of the next two games.  Regardless, our worst case scenario now is going 2-2 in the first 4 games and that is not the end of the world.

This morning BB indicated that Jimmy G might be a game time decision for Thursday's game.  I would be surprised if he can play this soon, he may dress to be an emergency back up.

If he is a game time decision then he might show up on the injury report as . . . wait for it . . . "Questionable: Right Shoulder"   :cheer2:.  

Too bad the NFL did away with the "Probable" classification.     

On 9/18/2016 at 1:36 PM, QwizBoy said:

Hate to hear about another guy getting hurt. This is perfect timing though. I'd rather be facing an unprepared rookie on a short week than Jimmy to stay undefeated. 

poor baby...he makes $600,000

he hurt his widdle shoulder. He'll get over it

39 minutes ago, BertJones said:

He hurt his shoulder, actually. And I don't care how much anyone makes, I still don't like to see other human beings in pain. 

43 minutes ago, BertJones said:

Very ignorant post actually.   What does his salary have to do with his injury?

Also,  when is that massive pats collapse supposed to happen?  They get Brady back in two weeks

Just now, QwizBoy said:

He hurt his shoulder, actually. And I don't care how much anyone makes, I still don't like to see other human beings in pain. 

I think Houston wins to get to 3-0. I still don't think Brock is all that good but it doesn't matter because he's better than what you had and you guys have a Good all-around team. In order for the Colts to win the Division they will have to sweep the Division/sweep Houston or it's yours again is how I see it. I think if the Colts beat the Chargers they will get to 3-2 heading into the matchup at Houston. I think we beat the Jags and Bears. Anyway regarding Jimmy G, bad break for the Patriots eventhough Belichick has a knack of winning games without his best options. I don't see it here though, I say Texans win 20-19 in a thriller.