Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

If you could bring back one former colt to the current colts roster, who would it be ?

digroute88

O line seems better than last year (except in run game), so I'd have to go with someone on defense... probably LB because that's the weakest position...

... really any impactful LB we have had in the past.  Mike Peterson / Marcus Washington / anyone else I can't currently remember.

Also could use a pass rush so a young Freeney would be another great option like everyone else has said (even though not LB).

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

17 hours ago, superrep1967 said:

Art Sleister

Did he even play a game with the Indianapolis Colts? I thought by the time we got here he was let go? I was just thinking of Indy Colts....I'm still torn between Tarik and Marshall.....Marshall was so dynamic but his best days were in STL not Indy....and if we could protect Luck and run the ball we could likely use any running back...even Trent Richardson. If we had Tarik we could swing AC over to RT. That might help us a lot.

9 hours ago, dgambill said:

Did he even play a game with the Indianapolis Colts? I thought by the time we got here he was let go? I was just thinking of Indy Colts....I'm still torn between Tarik and Marshall.....Marshall was so dynamic but his best days were in STL not Indy....and if we could protect Luck and run the ball we could likely use any running back...even Trent Richardson. If we had Tarik we could swing AC over to RT. That might help us a lot.

I don't know about Trent.  There was one game with Oakland where they made a hole for him to build a new super Walmart and he still ran into his lineman

On 9/16/2016 at 9:33 AM, rockywoj said:

Colts Hall of Famer, Jim Parker, OL  

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jim_Parker_(American_football)

"From 1957 until 1962, Parker played as an offensive tackle. He was selected to five Pro Bowl teams in those six years. In 1963 Parker moved to the offensive guard position, as a favor to his college coach Woody Hayes, to make room for another former Buckeye, Bob Vogel. Parker was selected to three more Pro Bowls from the guard position.

Many consider Parker to be the greatest lineman to ever play pro football. Parker was inducted into the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 1973, his first year of eligibility. He was the first full-time offensive lineman so inducted. In 1994, Parker was selected to the NFL 75th Anniversary All-Time Team. In 1999, he was ranked number 24 on The Sporting News' list of the 100 Greatest Football Players, second among guards behind John Hannah, and third among offensive linemen behind Hannah and Anthony Munoz, both of whom began their careers well after Parker retired.

For his 1984 book, The New Thinking Man's Guide to Pro Football,[2] Paul Zimmerman"polled 25 old-timers and asked them to name their candidates for 'best ever' offensive linemen," and Parker was among those listed, stating that Parker was "the best pure pass-blocker who ever lived. Knew all the tricks — the quick push-off, the short jab — that are legal now"

blindside protector for unitas, u cant go wrong with him

There's a few notable absences I'm surprised didn't make any list:

Offense:

• Chris Hinton maybe?
  • Would you like to have Reggie back in his prime with Luck again?  
  •  

Defense:

Cornelius Bennett

(I would actually take Freeney and/or Sanders)

Offense--Edgerrin James (In his prime was probably the best running back in franchise history.)

Defense--Mike Curtis (This old Baltimore Colt exhibited a nastiness not seen in current reiterations of the Indy Colts. Lord knows this team could use an infusion of what he would bring to the table.)

On 9/16/2016 at 6:18 AM, bayone said:

'

Going old school Unitas to Berry, with Lenny Moore as RB & split wide as needed, I will just never forget him going out of backfield and just torching the DB , running by him and in stride skating the sidlines , & catching a perfect deep throw by Unitas for a 72 yard TD

There's my man.  Pull my old #19 down from the rafters.

I'M COMING BACK!