Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How much of an impact will Harambe have on the Browns and Bengals this season?

bap1331

Who will win the super bowl for Harambe?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the super bowl for Harambe?

• Browns
    • Bengals

59 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

And some have killed/mauled them.....are you saying wait and see? What if that was your kid? Don't get me wrong, I love animals, but my children come first.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/boy-dead-mauling-pittsburgh-zoo/story?id=17639547

those were hyenas and they are predators, gorillas aren't 

the zoo deserves most of the blame, it shouldnt be possible for a freaking 3 year old to hop a little fence and get in a gorilla cage.  i wouldnt have shot him, harambe wasnt even hostile

35 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

the zoo deserves most of the blame, it shouldnt be possible for a freaking 3 year old to hop a little fence and get in a gorilla cage.  i wouldnt have shot him, harambe wasnt even hostile

I know they were hyenas, just making a comparison....people would argue that they were just reacting as they normally would. Would you shoot them? Gorillas have killed plenty of people, maybe not in Zoos, but in their habitat. Are you saying that because he was in a zoo he was friendly and no longer had wild tendencies? Did you see the way he was dragging the kid around? He might have hurt or drowned the kid without even meaning to. Not worth the risk IMO. I agree, zoo should be held accountable as well, if better safety measures were in place, it would have never happened.

45 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

Nope I'm dead serious, it sucks that someone would have to die, but the kids parents failed him and all of us failed him as a society by enabling innocent animals to be held captive and put on display for our amusement. It's for the greater good.

Ok I see your point and you have a right to it, although I absolutely 100% disagree. 

Let me ask you this...and you don't have to answer either.

Do you have children? If you don't but plan to some day that view may change. If you do....wow. I know you may be a great parent and would never expose your child to such harm, but still wow.

Whats your opinion on kids being attacked by coyotes, bears, alligators, etc, while in there own yard? Just curious.

44 minutes ago, \m/COLTS\m/ said:

Ok I see your point and you have a right to it, although I absolutely 100% disagree. 

Let me ask you this...and you don't have to answer either.

Do you have children? If you don't but plan to some day that view may change. If you do....wow. I know you may be a great parent and would never expose your child to such harm, but still wow.

Whats your opinion on kids being attacked by coyotes, bears, alligators, etc, while in there own yard? Just curious.

I do not have children currently.

As far as being attacked on your own property, where were the parents? That is 100% on them. These creatures don't just magically appear, and ones that are sneaky (Gators) you should have the sense to not let your kids play where they are. IMHO they should be charged with a crime for allowing the child unspervised in a potentially dangerous situation.

I mean most of us don't have a gun to shoot stuff in our back yard, but let's say I did, my first reaction wouldn't be to shoot in the direction of my child, maybe fire a warning shot, or use non lethal deterrents like mace or brute force or maybe even a blunt object to deter the animal.

2 hours ago, aaron11 said:

A gorilla could kill a grown man trying to protect him.   They are super strong.   Shooting him was the only option

1 hour ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nice to see the kids parents keep a good eye on their kid - you need to watch a 3 yr old at all times and I wouldn't take a 3 yr old to the Zoo anyway. Jeez, SMH.

If I were standing by that 3 year old, even if I had to face the parent's wrath for moving him out of danger, I would lift him and move him aside. I would do the right thing and explain and ask for forgiveness later to keep a child safe.

The issue is we live in such a sue happy environment but in that case, I would hope someone would do the same for my kid too but then I have only 1 kid and watch her like a hawk, so the likelihood of my kid getting that far is pretty much non-existent. :) #overprotectivedad

48 minutes ago, SilentHill said:

I do not have children currently.

As far as being attacked on your own property, where were the parents? That is 100% on them. These creatures don't just magically appear, and ones that are sneaky (Gators) you should have the sense to not let your kids play where they are. IMHO they should be charged with a crime for allowing the child unspervised in a potentially dangerous situation.

I mean most of us don't have a gun to shoot stuff in our back yard, but let's say I did, my first reaction wouldn't be to shoot in the direction of my child, maybe fire a warning shot, or use non lethal deterrents like mace or brute force or maybe even a blunt object to deter the animal.

You don't live out in the country I take it.   I see coyotes all the time.   

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

You don't live out in the country I take it.   I see coyotes all the time.   

I have seen one coyote in my lifetime at my property and it left, and I never saw it again, regularly see deer turkeys, and other critters though.

Here in Fort Wayne, we've seen some coyotes hanging around our neighborhood, although they're pretty reclusive. The issue is if you own a small dog -- someone on my neighborhood had theirs killed by a coyote. Those coyotes will prey on the small creatures.