Colts To Interview Ravens' Dc Chuck Pagano [Merge]

Coltswarriors

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

AdamSchefter tweet:

Still hoping for Mike Zimmer, but he'd be a good candidate as well.

That's what i was going to say former Ravens DC's have gone on to have success in this league as Head coaches. Not that is a promise to keep going here but hey I like him but like you I am hoping for Zimmer.

That's what I saw, with Browns, Raiders and Ravens, high ranking D

2005-06: (with Oakland) Spent two seasons as the Raiders’ defensive backs coach. 2006: Raiders led the NFL in pass defense, allowing just 150.8 yards per game, and ranked third in total defense, surrendering only 284.8 yards per contest…CB Nnamdi Asomugha was third in the NFL with 8 INTs.

2001-04: (with Cleveland) Coached the Browns’ secondary under then-head coach Butch Davis…Spent four years coaching alongside Ravens current assistant head coach/special teams coordinator Jerry Rosburg. 2003: DBs helped Cleveland tie the franchise record for allowing the fewest passing TDs (13). 2001: Under Pagano’s guidance, the Browns’ secondary accounted for 28 of the team’s NFL-leading and team-record 33 INTs, which set a new mark…Rookie CB Anthony Henry led NFL with 10 picks.

Straight off Ravens.com. Very impressive.

Of the guys interviewed (that we know of) he would jump to number 1. I like the fact he would bring along the 3-4, although it would take some time to bring in the necessary talent for it. Chuck's defenses have always been near the top of the leagues best D's. Only concern is that as Ravens DC its awfully easy to look like a good coach with Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata and Jarrett Johnson.

On another note I'm friends with a whole family of Pagano's I'm sure they would keep letting me hear it "one of them" coaches my team

I know nothing about this man... and have not looked yet.

the last few Raven DC' s to get promoted..

Rex Ryan ... NO THANKS

Mike Nolan

Marvin Lewis

Just sayin... is it the talent or the "coach"...

This is the very reason I am leary about a coordinator... because teh coordinator takes a "new" job and no longer does the one that got him promoted...

Regardless.... I like the direction.

O.K., so where does he live?

We need to know for the next flight report, and how many times he flies there.

...Chuck and his wife, Tina, have three daughters: Tara, Taylor and Tori...Tara and her twin daughters, Avery and Addison (4), live in Idaho.

From Ravens.com under his bio.

Of the guys interviewed (that we know of) he would jump to number 1. I like the fact he would bring along the 3-4, although it would take some time to bring in the necessary talent for it. Chuck's defenses have always been near the top of the leagues best D's. Only concern is that as Ravens DC its awfully easy to look like a good coach with Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, Ed Reed, Haloti Ngata and Jarrett Johnson.

On another note I'm friends with a whole family of Pagano's I'm sure they would keep letting me hear it "one of them" coaches my team

He's been a full time DC for all of one season... but has a ton of D experience... I am mixed.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chuck_Pagano

Rex Ryan ... NO THANKS

Mike Nolan

Marvin Lewis

Rex Ryan has an annoying personality from a fan's perspective, but he certainly knows his coaching. Mike Nolan isn't a superb head coach, but he really knows how to run a solid 3-4. Marvin Lewis has done a solid job of being the head coach of the Bengals. Sure, there are better coaches out there, but he has still done pretty well

That's what i was going to say former Ravens DC's have gone on to have success in this league as Head coaches. Not that is a promise to keep going here but hey I like him but like you I am hoping for Zimmer.

Have they? Outside of Rex and quick 2 year run...

Rex

Nolan ... bust

Lewis... how does he still have his job? Zimm's help maybe.

and Pag has been an NFL DC for all of one season...

RED LIGHTS...

@JimIrsay

We've done 4 already and now we're steady

https://twitter.com/#!/JimIrsay/status/161625930694008832

I am guessing the 4 are Jerry Gray, Mike Zimmer, Chuck Pagano, and Pete Carmicahel?

I'm starting to think that it is down to zimmer, tressel, carmichael, and pagano. Man, I really want pagano. Bring back Mathis and have him turn into Suggs. Rob says he has wanted to stand up. I really hope chuck wows him. Another kind of grigson guy.

Rex Ryan has an annoying personality from a fan's perspective, but he certainly knows his coaching. Mike Nolan isn't a superb head coach, but he really knows how to run a solid 3-4. Marvin Lewis has done a solid job of being the head coach of the Bengals. Sure, there are better coaches out there, but he has still done pretty well

Rex is horrible and Lewis...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Lewis

how does he still have his job... folks are on Tress's butt about "standards" ... Do Bengal standards equal ours?