4. can we protect the qb

same problems we had last year

same problems we have had for several years, have we finally fixed them

1.  Too soon to know.

2.  Too soon to know

3.  Too soon to know

4.  Too soon to know. 

8 minutes ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

While it is clearly too soon to know for sure, it is noteworthy that we didn't give up a sack to a team with a solid pass rush, against 8 in the box and a coach known for exotic blitzes.

While it is good that we gave up no sacks, the o line was pretty poor for the most part. I don't know the exact numbers of pressures but its probably a lot. The good news is that it was just the first preseason game, and theres no doubt they will improve. 

2 hours ago, THE FUTURE IS NOW said:

1. is the o-line as good as last year

2. can we stop the run

3.can we run the ball

4. can we protect the qb

1) "as good" are the wrong choice of words for the o line lol

2) Well......I been asking this for a decade? ;)

3) Been wondering since 2009. :)

4) Ties into #1, not sure yet but early signs not positive, but still time for improvements or else trouble is ahead.

12 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

While it is good that we gave up no sacks, the o line was pretty poor for the most part. I don't know the exact numbers of pressures but its probably a lot. The good news is that it was just the first preseason game, and theres no doubt they will improve. 

I wasn't saying they were doing a good job by any stretch, but progress is progress. Sacks becoming pressures is a step in the right direction.  

4 hours ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

Sacks becoming pressures is more of the QB's responsibility than the line's.

Yes and no. There is a point when the blocking is bad enough that there isn't time for wrs to get in a position where you can even take a shot. I mean you can always throw it away but I didn't see a ton of passes rifled out of bounds yesterday. But you are right, the QB absolutely can be the deciding factor. I just didn't really see it happen often. There were a bunch of hurried throws yesterday but last yr there were lots of times where we didn't even have time for that. I see not giving up a sack to that team as a positive step forward. In no way am I saying that our o line problems are over, but these things will take time, and at least we can come away with one positive from the line. 

14 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah I would love to know what Philben was saying to Pagano during the game. 

4 hours ago, SaturdayAllDay said:

Yes and no. There is a point when the blocking is bad enough that there isn't time for wrs to get in a position where you can even take a shot. I mean you can always throw it away but I didn't see a ton of passes rifled out of bounds yesterday. But you are right, the QB absolutely can be the deciding factor. I just didn't really see it happen often. There were a bunch of hurried throws yesterday but last yr there were lots of times where we didn't even have time for that. I see not giving up a sack to that team as a positive step forward. In no way am I saying that our o line problems are over, but these things will take time, and at least we can come away with one positive from the line. 

Rick Venturi said that the QB's are not doing audibles.  So if true the QB's were sitting targets.  To make note our 2 TD's came on Buffalo all out blitzes.  The first one a screen play which we should have called a lot more.