Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lets look at the bright side

CR91

Yea it sucks we wont be able to see our colts, however lets look at some positives

1.luck won't get killed with haeg and harrison having to start instead of reitz and kelly

2.not risking more injury due to playing an extra preseason game

3.marv's speech was longer then 7 mins haha 

10 minutes ago, CR91 said:

Yea it sucks we wont be able to see our colts, however lets look at some positives

1.luck won't get killed with haeg and harrison having ton start instead of reitz and kelly

2.not risking more injury due to playing an extra preseason game

3.marv's speech was longer then 7 mins haha 

4. Art Jones didn't hurt himself walking the sidelines

5. We didn't have to see a painful Marv interview

I was thinking the same thing about the first set and only set probably Luck would play. I did not want him to go out there with Harrison, and see the pocket collapse. Not the way I wanted to see the season begin, even if pre-season. So on the bright side, hoping Kelly's shoulder is ready for next week, and he can open with Andrew, get the first team reps in and get the chemistry started!

I actually was looking forward to seeing Haeg play. After Howard Mudd's tweet, I am intrigued.

Regardless, wanted to see the first game, and I was overall disappointed, but everyone is healthy!

The only guys on the team this really affects in a negative way are the fringe guys trying to get the last few roster spots, having missed an opportunity to impress the coaches. They'll still get there chances in the next four weeks.

Thank god the Olympics has been pretty fun so far.

It actually might help us keep (hide) a player or two on the practice squad too.  Less plays on film , especially the only game/1st game on national tv, will make some bottom of roster players less visible.  Especially if they would have shined.  Couple that with the extra week of practice the team got, and its not so bad really.  Think of it as the team got a fun little field trip in the middle of camp.

Sure it would have been nice to get "real" practice, especially for our new coaches, but more of a bummer for us fans.  Our coaches see these guys every day, not real games i realize, but still.

I live 4.5 hrs away and almost drove there last minute, but now glad indidn't.  I went years ago when we played new orleans and it was a wonderful time. I forget the year, but it was in the Harbaugh years i seem to remember.

6 hours ago, BOTT said:

I would have been asleep after the first quarter anyway.  

Blasphemy !

haha

I'm embarrassed to say i would have watched the full game, then immediately watched it again with pause and rewind to check out particular players and plays. I would have been up till 3am or later.

i guess MY "bright side" would be i got some sleep.

19 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

I live 4.5 hrs away and almost drove there last minute, but now glad indidn't.

You're a smart man WM. I feel horrible for everybody that booked hotel rooms well in advance expecting to see NFL football again & we're totally blindsided by such an abrupt & peculiar cancellation. 

21 minutes ago, southwest1 said:

You're a smart man WM. I feel horrible for everybody that booked hotel rooms well in advance expecting to see NFL football again & we're totally blindsided by such an abrupt & peculiar cancellation. 

I should have played powerball that day since i could obviously see the future.

Imagine those that flew in from the west coast. 

34 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

I should have played powerball that day since i could obviously see the future.

Imagine those that flew in from the west coast. 

You definitely qualify as clairvoyant man. No doubt about it. Or say some football fan flew in from Europe to see their first NFL game live & they had no fond memory of the night to show for it. Ouch!  

I taped what I thought was the game on my DVR & was more than a bit surprised when playing it back. Ah man. Seriously? Is this a sick joke? What's going on here? I was really disappointed for what I thought was the NFL's triumphant return. It figures...

Even the phrase 'field conditions' is misleading since we associate that term with lighting, severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, or freezing, slippery snow or drizzle. Chipped paint made the league forfeit the game? Are you kidding me? LOL! Get outta here with that lame, sounding excuse. Whatever. 

Positives...You want positives? Okay, I'll play along CR91. 

--Kevin Greene was funny in how he jokingly tormented HOF QBs Montana, Young, & Favre in his speech. 

--John Madden doesn't broadcast Captain Obvious insights from the booth anymore. 

--INDY didn't perform any blunders on Special Teams this yr. 

--No Luck turnovers. Sweet! 

--WR Jordy Nelson didn't burn INDY with a last minute touchdown in the 4th QTR.  

--Pass rusher Robert Mathis got 1 more week to rest & recuperate from his injury. 

4 hours ago, southwest1 said:

You definitely qualify as clairvoyant man. No doubt about it. Or say some football fan flew in from Europe to see their first NFL game live & they had no fond memory of the night to show for it. Ouch!  

I taped what I thought was the game on my DVR & was more than a bit surprised when playing it back. Ah man. Seriously? Is this a sick joke? What's going on here? I was really disappointed for what I thought was the NFL's triumphant return. It figures...

Even the phrase 'field conditions' is misleading since we associate that term with lighting, severe thunderstorms, tornadoes, or freezing, slippery snow or drizzle. Chipped paint made the league forfeit the game? Are you kidding me? LOL! Get outta here with that lame, sounding excuse. Whatever. 

Yea, i'm a legend in my own mind.

my jerk brother and nephew (steeler fans), called me to say "great game."

if i was a jerk, i would have said "yea i bet your punter from last year enjoyed it too." (The guy that got acl tweaked at HOF game last year)

but i didn't. 

31 minutes ago, WoolMagnet said:

Yea, i'm a legend in my own mind.

my jerk brother and nephew (steeler fans), called me to say "great game."

if i was a jerk, i would have said "yea i bet your punter from last year enjoyed it too." (The guy that got acl tweaked at HOF game last year)

but i didn't. 

I think the Steelers punter got a little bit more than a tweaked ACL last HOF game. It might be a career ending injury according to what I am reading.