IndyD4U

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Restored said:

The NFL has two of its teams play a game in this stadium each and every year. There is no excuse to allow this to happen.

I understand that but the NFL does not run or do any of the field work there. You stated it was one of their fields when it is not. To point a finger at the NFL and saying they shouldn't have let it happen is wrong when it's not their responsibility. The NFL took responsibility for their players by calling the game off.

8 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I understand that but the NFL does not run or do any of the field work there. You stated it was one of their fields when it is not. To point a finger at the NFL and saying they shouldn't have let it happen is wrong when it's not their responsibility. The NFL took responsibility for their players by calling the game off.

The problem is IT IS their responsibility. Wherever their teams are playing, the NFL should have a direct hand in making sure everything goes according to plan. The NFL should've had provisions in place long before this ever could've happened, especially after complaints LAST YEAR arose about the field turf.

41 minutes ago, Restored said:

The problem is IT IS their responsibility. Wherever their teams are playing, the NFL should have a direct hand in making sure everything goes according to plan. The NFL should've had provisions in place long before this ever could've happened, especially after complaints LAST YEAR arose about the field turf.

How is it the NFLs responsibility when they are not in charge of getting the field ready? The field was ready. It was the paint added later that caused the problem. The field was inspected and covered and the problem was not there till the paint was added. This years field turf was not in question because LAST years was replaced with a one year used turf from New Orleans. The NFL thought the field was in order and someone messed up at a later time. The is not the fault of the NFL.

On ‎8‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 9:22 PM, NewColtsFan said:

I agree with both Cynjin and JVan.    Fans deserve more than just game refunds.     I just don't think the NFL will do that.      I hope I'm wrong on that one....    but I don't see it happening.

We'll find out soon enough.....

Plus they continued to sell game programs, food, souvenirs right up till game time.  The countdown clock showed only minutes to go to kickoff.... shameless hustle by the HOF. 

1 hour ago, crazycolt1 said:

How is it the NFLs responsibility when they are not in charge of getting the field ready? The field was ready. It was the paint added later that caused the problem. The field was inspected and covered and the problem was not there till the paint was added. This years field turf was not in question because LAST years was replaced with a one year used turf from New Orleans. The NFL thought the field was in order and someone messed up at a later time. The is not the fault of the NFL.

Because THEIR teams are playing on it. If my teams are playing on a field, I do my due diligence before hand and make sure its ready. My point about bringing up last season was that you would think the NFL would keep a closer eye on the field after issues arose last season. Either the NFL should've been directly handling the stadium or move it to a location where it has total control and no cop out like it did here in this situation.

50 minutes ago, Restored said:

Because THEIR teams are playing on it. If my teams are playing on a field, I do my due diligence before hand and make sure its ready. My point about bringing up last season was that you would think the NFL would keep a closer eye on the field after issues arose last season. Either the NFL should've been directly handling the stadium or move it to a location where it has total control and no cop out like it did here in this situation.

The field was ready. It was deem safe before it was covered. The NFL did do their diligence and thought the field was fine. As far as what happened last season to the Steelers punter, the field was totally replaced. It was no problem till the paint was put onto it. It was not the field that was the problem. It was the paint. I just don't get when you feel the need to blame the NFL when they did their job and then some else ruined the field by using sub standard paint. Just how was the NFL suppose to know all this in advance? No cop out?? Geez, they cancelled the game. As far as moving the location it is the NFL Football Hall Of Fame.

16 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

The field was ready. It was deem safe before it was covered. The NFL did do their diligence and thought the field was fine. As far as what happened last season to the Steelers punter, the field was totally replaced. It was no problem till the paint was put onto it. It was not the field that was the problem. It was the paint. I just don't get when you feel the need to blame the NFL when they did their job and then some else ruined the field by using sub standard paint. Just how was the NFL suppose to know all this in advance? No cop out?? Geez, they cancelled the game. As far as moving the location it is the NFL Football Hall Of Fame.

The field wasn't ready because clearly a game got cancelled. The NFL doesn't allow this to happen in other stadiums where its teams play and it shouldn't allow for the same thing to happen at the HOF stadium. Someone else shouldn't be interfering in the first place and that is the responsibility of the NFL. Just because the NFL wants to say someone else was handling the stadium doesn't mean they should't of been the ones taking care of it in the first place.

2 hours ago, Old Colt said:

Plus they continued to sell game programs, food, souvenirs right up till game time.  The countdown clock showed only minutes to go to kickoff.... shameless hustle by the HOF. 

Shameless hustle?

Seriously?      

That thought never entered my mind......     it was complete chaos and disorganization.     Poor communication everywhere.

Eventually,  it was decided to have fans come in and they'd turn it into a fan fest with autographs and such.

That's why they were selling food and souvenirs.      

I don't think anyone got hustled.    The NFL didn't know what it was doing,  and it showed.

3 hours ago, Restored said:

The field wasn't ready because clearly a game got cancelled. The NFL doesn't allow this to happen in other stadiums where its teams play and it shouldn't allow for the same thing to happen at the HOF stadium. Someone else shouldn't be interfering in the first place and that is the responsibility of the NFL. Just because the NFL wants to say someone else was handling the stadium doesn't mean they should't of been the ones taking care of it in the first place.

It is evident you know very little about Tom Benson stadium and the HOF venue. Your so busy pointing fingers to see what really happened.

25 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

It is evident you know very little about Tom Benson stadium and the HOF venue. Your so busy pointing fingers to see what really happened.

You're missing my point. I understand the NFL wasn't directly involved in the care of the stadium. My point is that they SHOULD'VE been in charge of it from the beginning and not have it ran through the HOF. And if that didn't work, move it to a new stadium. Cleveland isn't that far away.

38 minutes ago, Restored said:

You're missing my point. I understand the NFL wasn't directly involved in the care of the stadium. My point is that they SHOULD'VE been in charge of it from the beginning and not have it ran through the HOF. And if that didn't work, move it to a new stadium. Cleveland isn't that far away.

I didn't miss any point. It seems you are the one missing the point with blaming this mess all on the NFL. Like the NFL can see into the future and know there would be bad paint put on the field? You even brought up the fact of the field condition last year and it had no bearing on this field what so ever. I highly doubt you even know what changes and updates that Benson Stadium had already planed and is in the process of getting those things done. It's not the end of the world as we know it.

On August 7, 2016 at 7:43 PM, MrNLM said:

Do we dare say it?

...PaintGate...

No, NE fans I'm not blaming your team for this mishap. You see, not every Colts fan wants to tar & feather your club. 

On August 7, 2016 at 8:15 PM, jvan1973 said:

Tickets to the game aren't that expensive.   Will the refund airfare,  hotels,  meals etc?    I would be livid had I gone

That is a valid point Jvan. The League got off easy over this snafu & they need to do more than a ticket HOF refund. 

On 8/8/2016 at 0:38 PM, RockThatBlue said:

I think the next 2 are on fox locally in Indy and they stream the games on the website. At least they did last year when one was on fox. 

You know what!  I did forget that I have DirecTV.   They usually will replay the preseason games on Sunday.  I'm also off from work this Monday so if I miss it then I should be able to catch the replay on Monday.  Yipeeee!!!!

37 minutes ago, krunk said:

You know what!  I did forget that I have DirecTV.   They usually will replay the preseason games on Sunday.  I'm also off from work this Monday so if I miss it then I should be able to catch the replay on Monday.  Yipeeee!!!!

That's pretty good!! But is it as good as staying at a Holiday Inn?? haha