IndyD4U

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

this is actually kinda hilarious.

Like seriously, how do you mess that up so badly? You've literally had months to prepare for this. Oh well. Accidents happen I guess

I do feel bad for the fans though. Especially those that flew in from far away to see the game. Hope they get some compensation.

Here is my question on the canceling of the game. Are they going to start canceling regular season games to if the field is screwed up or weather conditions put players at risk? Because if not then that is just being inconsistent. I get it and understand the concern but this game should be played I think because now you open it up for regular season games to be canceled in the future for field conditions not being perfect or inclement weather even.

Lets get these guys out and play. The reality is they are no more at risk of being hurt than they will be next week or the week after and so on. Its unfortunate for the fans that went and they should get a refund but that really could not be helped considering the joint decision to cancel it was not made till just a couple hours ago. Also when are they going to let the fans know? When kickoff actually is supposed to take place? Tell me the NFL is smarter then that or they at least have something planned

16 minutes ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

My thoughts exactly . Unfriggen believe able .

They played those fans so they wouldn't leave in mass exodus and stick around for the hall of famers.  I just heard the same thing and it's shameful if true, but most of them have social media and smartphones and word travels quick, so there's probably no way they don't know.

1 minute ago, chrisfarley said:

They played those fans so they wouldn't leave in mass exodus and stick around for the hall of famers.  I just heard the same thing and it's shameful if true, but most of them have social media and smartphones and word travels quick, so there's probably no way they don't know.

I agree.  Everyone and their mother have at least one social media account.  They are still there because they want to be or they are holding out hope.  Either way, they know.

5 minutes ago, Gavin said:

Here is my question on the canceling of the game. Are they going to start canceling regular season games to if the field is screwed up or weather conditions put players at risk? Because if not then that is just being inconsistent. I get it and understand the concern but this game should be played I think because now you open it up for regular season games to be canceled in the future for field conditions not being perfect or inclement weather even.

Lets get these guys out and play. The reality is they are no more at risk of being hurt than they will be next week or the week after and so on. Its unfortunate for the fans that went and they should get a refund but that really could not be helped considering the joint decision to cancel it was not made till just a couple hours ago. Also when are they going to let the fans know? When kickoff actually is supposed to take place? Tell me the NFL is smarter then that or they at least have something planned

A fifth non meaningful preseason game means nothing compared to a regular season game.    There is far more to this story that we don't know about.   I'm not a conspiracy guy,    But I'm guessing the league planned this

8 minutes ago, Gavin said:

about that fan thing, you are right, and I also think they are stringing them along on purpose... there was even a circulated rumor that the game was going to start at 9:00 due to field conditions and that got passed around too.  I'm sure the hall of fame or NFL was responsible for that.  It's probably to keep people watching ESPN to keep ratings up.  But I feel so bad for Tony Dungy, Marvin, Favre and the gang, as well as those dedicated local fans and the ones who traveled a distance to see all the hype.  It's so disappointing.  Wrong Paint?  Geez.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

A fifth non meaningful preseason game means nothing compared to a regular season game.    There is far more to this story that we don't know about.   I'm not a conspiracy guy,    But I'm guessing the league planned this

I'm starting to feel that exact same way.  It seems like more than meets the eye...........

1 hour ago, JlynRN said:

Wow unbelievable !!  Did they not know beforehand that the field was in that poor of shape??  No need to risk injuries for a meaningless game tho.

It's been an issue for a long time now.  Hard to believe the NFL doesn't do something about it.

Did these dudes paint the turf ? 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSbkJL3ti4sD6hT3okICvsln52F9rhnkVSyTIjdQ-nk6h0_ygIn2g

They would have used the right paint, just would have been wrong logo's.... Probably of the female anatomy.

This is sad the NFL can't just build a decent stadium for their own hall of fame games.

3 minutes ago, James Harden said:

Even though it is a bummer, at least we get to play 4 preseason games like everybody else. Better chance for us to stay healthy. Regardless, we are still going to the Superbowl! 

Yeah I am not to bummed out about it. I wanted some Football but oh well. I feel sorry for the kids there that were brought to the game to watch their favorite players play more than anything. That would stink as a young kid.