Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Zimmer From Runner

esidery

maybe if zimmer comes he bring Robert Mathis back. I believe Tampa is only other team chasing him. We better hurry up though, because I don't want bengals locking zimmer up with a contract extension.

It wouldn't be speed of decision-making that determines Zimmer's fate. He will go where he wants to go.

I would like Zimmer. Tressel as HC heck NO!!!!!!!!!! as OC MAYBE he is college .. good coach there, but both teams he has been with has blemishes/hits.. I am actually suprised he is still here.. NFL is a different story !!

I would also be good with PC jr. which I think the Colts will head... history shows they are offense oriented not defense ( which would be my preference)

Would prefer an offensive minded hc BUT Zimmer has that FIRE and PASSION needed to bring that INTENSITY out of a team. From what I hear his players on the D side LOVE it!!! Now if we could GET Carmichael as oc to go along with Zimmer the sky would be the limit. (BOTH are rising stars in the NFL coaching ranks) The Colts have had a Tressel TYPE coach (CONSERVATIVE mild mannered) the last 10yrs and UNLESS Peyton comes back Clyde can DEFINITELY be upgraded. The GOAT made that BASIC set offense go. Over the last few years it lacked imagination (hardly no multiple spread formations or pre-snap motion) and the play calling became predictable even WITH Peyton. Once the GOAT went down that offense was HARD to watch! A Tressel along with Clyde combo (as some have suggested) would leave the Colts SETTLING for MEDIOCRITY instead of STRIVING for GREATNESS..... :lombardi:

He's a defensive guy. That's why I've never understood all these Tressel OC comments.

Its amazing to me that people make statements like this when they have the internet at their finger tips. Tressel started out being a QB's, recievers, and running backs coach before getting the HC job at Youngstown st.. How exactly does that make him a defensive guy. Tressel is an offensive guy. The internet is your friend.

Its amazing to me that people make statements like this when they have the internet at their finger tips. Tressel started out being a QB's, recievers, and running backs coach before getting the HC job at Youngstown st.. How exactly does that make him a defensive guy. Tressel is an offensive guy. The internet is your friend.

I have seen many talk about Tressel the same way and have just ignored it. It never made any sense to me either. I can see why they make the connection because of how well Ohio State was defensively, but yes, he is an offensive guy.