Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andrew Luck starts book club

bababooey

Seems silly to me.  Maybe cool for kids, but I can't see myself running out to get a book just cause Andrew Luck recommends it.  

Of course then again Oprah used to be able to sell books like crazy if she recommended them so . . . why not Andrew Luck.  

7 hours ago, Smonroe said:

I thought this was an Onion story at first.  There are a lot of easy jokes there about which books he should have given to Holmes.  I'll leave them to our more wittier posters.

Thanks man, I'll take it from here!

For veteran readers, if he doesn't put down Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire, then we'll DDOS attack the website, for the night is dark and full of terrors.

2 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Thanks man, I'll take it from here!

For veteran readers, if he doesn't put down Game of Thrones - A Song of Ice and Fire, then we'll DDOS attack the website, for the night is dark and full of terrors.

I didn't understand a word of that.  And I'm happy about it!

Can Luck just start a horseshoe book of the month club? Oh no, I don't read the book. You see, Andrew reads it to his audience online like a digital storytelling session like your first grade teacher did when you were little.

Besides, straining my eyes on small print paperback books is overrated & large books are too darn heavy anyway. Why risk a paper cut either?  :D

3 hours ago, southwest1 said:

Can Luck just start a horseshoe book of the month club? Oh no, I don't read the book. You see, Andrew reads it to his audience online like a digital storytelling session like your first grade teacher did when you were little.

Besides, straining my eyes on small print paperback books is overrated & large books are too darn heavy anyway. Why risk a paper cut either?  :D

LOL!  Get with the digital age SW1!

It's nice to know there is a professional athlete making the news for something other than beating his mate, shooting someone to death, doing dope, molestation and bar brawls. Way to go Andrew and for those that don't know what a book is it is a collections of sentences entered in order to convey thoughts, images and ideas. They were quite popular before the internet.

I'm hoping these NY times best sellers are on his list, because they are the only books I've read (actually reading now) since I left high school.

The Walking Dead: Compendium One

The Walking Dead: Compendium Two

The Walking Dead: Compendium Three

4 hours ago, Smonroe said:

LOL!  Get with the digital age SW1!

So, you're saying I need to ask Santa for one of those Amazon kindles this December my friend? Cute. 

Alright, alright. I'll see if Saint Nick & Rudolf can slide it down my chimney man. lmao

8 hours ago, southwest1 said:

So, you're saying I need to ask Santa for one of those Amazon kindles this December my friend? Cute. 

Alright, alright. I'll see if Saint Nick & Rudolf can slide it down my chimney man. lmao

I have a Kindle Fire and it's excellent. Yes, great for books but ihave to admit I don't take advantage of the library at my disposal. Don't have time, I'm here too much lol.

But they do have a nice feature as most of the books have audio playback,

18 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

I have a Kindle Fire and it's excellent. Yes, great for books but ihave to admit I don't take advantage of the library at my disposal. Don't have time, I'm here too much lol.

But they do have a nice feature as most of the books have audio playback,

Thanks for your feedback LJ. Yes, everybody that owns a Kindle Fire seems to rave about how wonderful they are to navigate & that audio playback feature sounds pretty sweet. 

I appreciate your recommendation my friend. :thmup:

• 3 weeks later...

Awesome, turns out Luck DOES read Game of Thrones!
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/andrew-luck-dumb-reason-not-151100265.html

But the avid reader that he is, he refuses to watch the TV show. He says Dwayne Allen does watch the show and Luck tries his best to avoid the spoilers from Dwayne, since the TV show is ahead of the books and Dwayne talks about the show all the time.