Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Secondary Coach, Rod Perry, Got Fired Today

BuildtheMonster1285

You could be right but he should have been the first out the door, even before Coyer.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I still feel like the Polians held SO MUCH influence over the coaches that they couldn't really change the offense to fit not having Manning. Partly because we didnt have the personell and partly because coaching probably didn't know wth to do.

Eh, I'm not so sure about that. I still feel like the Polians held SO MUCH influence over the coaches that they couldn't really change the offense to fit not having Manning. Partly because we didnt have the personell and partly because coaching probably didn't know wth to do.

Even before the addition of the fullback, the offense should have been altered as soon as Manning goes under the knife for the 2nd time.

Collins didn't have time to knock a dent in the playbook. Painter had no business running the Manning offsense as it was and for the most part Orlovsky was running a more balanced plan after they finally made some changes in week what 12? 13?

To have Curtis Painter throwing passes at a higher ratio than Manning has(outside of of the last 3 years), Brady for each year except for this past one, is just.... I'm not sure what word would even begin to describe how dumb that is.

Polian has some blame in that, Caldwell has some blame in that, and the OC has to have some blame in that. It also seems Coyer's defense changed when Freeney got hurt in the playoff game vs. the Jets when he should have been on the sideline. His defense was far different that first year than it was since then.

Even before the addition of the fullback, the offense should have been altered as soon as Manning goes under the knife for the 2nd time.

I completely agree with this notion. Although I must add I'm not sure how much you can get altered with a shortend training camp and what not.

Collins didn't have time to knock a dent in the playbook. Painter had no business running the Manning offsense as it was and for the most part Orlovsky was running a more balanced plan after they finally made some changes in week what 12? 13?

Agree here. This is coaching.

To have Curtis Painter throwing passes at a higher ratio than Manning has(outside of of the last 3 years), Brady for each year except for this past one, is just.... I'm not sure what word would even begin to describe how dumb that is.

Agreed.

Polian has some blame in that, Caldwell has some blame in that, and the OC has to have some blame in that. It also seems Coyer's defense changed when Freeney got hurt in the playoff game vs. the Jets when he should have been on the sideline. His defense was far different that first year than it was since then.

Yeah I'm not sure why Coyer started this new ultra-conservative-let the other team drive down the field methodically and score- defense

I agree !!! when Coyer first got here they were more agressive, wasn't they the #1 pass defence then ?

Or at least so we think! LOL

Grigson's playing hardball. I hear after firing moderators come forum members. But anyhoo.....................I've liked that Grigson guy since he first got here. He will be the best GM in the history of football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd like to see Bob Sanders be the new secondary coach. Hopefully he wont get injured coaching though.

I agree, but his luck he would accept the job and then week two of next season the headline would read "Colts Secondary Coach Injured During Practice: He Will Not Be Able to Return this Season."

Grigson's playing hardball. I hear after firing moderators come forum members. But anyhoo.....................I've liked that Grigson guy since he first got here. He will be the best GM in the history of football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

he is going to ban all the members with opinions he doesn't agree with. this was decided after hours of talking ball with jim irsay