Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Clayton Geathers changes number

12isthenew18

I think the change has more significance.  To me it's a sign they may start him as a pure safety next season instead of the dime linebacker role.  If that's the case then one of our two current starters if not both may be headed out of the door.

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

I think the change has more significance.  To me it's a sign they may start him as a pure safety next season instead of the dime linebacker role.  If that's the case then one of our two current starters if not both may be headed out of the door.

I think it is because Geathers wore #26 in college.  I'm not sure if anyone wore #26 last preseason or not, but I imagine as a mid-round rookie, if someone else already had it in training camp Geathers was not given high priority for number selection.

After a year under his belt, and with noone at the end of last season wearing #26, Geathers probably requested to go back to his college number.

47 minutes ago, ColtsFanMikeC said:

I think it is because Geathers wore #26 in college.  I'm not sure if anyone wore #26 last preseason or not, but I imagine as a mid-round rookie, if someone else already had it in training camp Geathers was not given high priority for number selection.

After a year under his belt, and with noone at the end of last season wearing #26, Geathers probably requested to go back to his college number.

Vick Ballard had switched from 33 to 26 last year. It wasn't available for Geathers at the time.

21 minutes ago, Pagano's Realtor said:

You're looking into this way too much.

Could be. Kinda like how you put all of Paganos properties on the market way too soon thinking he would be fired.  Are you still his realtor or did he fire you?

43 minutes ago, krunk said:

Could be. Kinda like how you put all of Paganos properties on the market way too soon thinking he would be fired.  Are you still his realtor or did he fire you?

He no longer has a need for a realtor at the moment but the business relationship ended well enough that I feel confident about my prospects if he needs to put a house on the market in four years. The man went into a meeting to be fired and came out with more power than he ever had, I don't think he needs me as a salesmen though, tbh.

I'm weird with numbers. I like 42 a lot better than 26. And I have no idea why LOL. This may sound crazy but I wore 32 in basketball, baseball, and football all the way through school except my Freshman year of HS basketball. A Senior had 32 and I had to take 35. It took me a minute to feel right out there. 35 seemed like a weird number to me lol.

It wouldn't surprise me if we signed a guy like Robert Blanton and let him and Geathers fight it out for the starters spot. If nobody remembers, 2 years ago Blanton was a beast with the Vikings. He should be fairly cheap because he didn't have the same type season this year but he was battling injuries.

17 minutes ago, bravo4460 said:

I do!!!! I just bought his jersey last season!!!! NOOOOO

LOL!  I just think it's cool you already have a Geathers jersey (assuming you were actually serious), I think he is going to start coming on next year.

20 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

I'm weird with numbers. I like 42 a lot better than 26. And I have no idea why

Agreed

1 hour ago, Traines said:

LOL!  I just think it's cool you already have a Geathers jersey (assuming you were actually serious), I think he is going to start coming on next year.

Agreed

Completely serious... Don't wanna buy another jersey now! :/ disappointed.

Yeah, none of that is close to accurate. You we thinking about this was too hard.