Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chud will remain OC

jchandler7

20 minutes ago, bababooey said:

Yes and in 4 years he's missed 21 games. Shame he missed all of 2013, our best season. It was nice having him while he was here but I expect him not to return.

DAs injuries upset me like no other. They really sidetracked a budding superstar (with the help of an inept OC). I hope he can get back on track even if it's not with the Colts.

With that said, I don't expect him to return either, unless Chud somehow can attract him back by promising to incorporate him more in the passing game.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, Jules said:

And Luck in the Denver game looked pretty freaking brilliant with Chud on the side.

Yeah! I know that einmal ist keinmal - it is only one game sample - but he also did good with Hasselback in the start, so I personally have high hopes. I know that there was a unfortunately tendency to start hot and go cold in the second half, but I think that Chud just ran out of plays that he felt comfortable with from Peps system and teams adjusted to the few there was.

Once he get time to implement his full system in the off season, things hopefully should look much better through the whole game. :thmup:

13 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Fleener is a top 5-10 TE in the league, while Allen has been VASTLY overrated by fans.

595 yards catching in a season was his highest.

2 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

And that 595 yard season was easily the best season by either TE since they've been here. Allen was truly a top 5 TE that year. Can't say the same about either one since then.

I'm confused...neither Fleener nor Allen had a year of 595 yards receiving.  Allen's highest was 521 his rookie year.  He had 3 TDs that year, though he had 8 TDs in 2014 but only 395 yards receiving that year.  Fleener's highest was 774 yards in 2014..and he had 8 TDs that year.  And Fleener's 2014 season was the best either of them have had since coming into the league.

Also, Fleeener was 8th in receiving yards (among TEs) in 2014, and he tied with Allen at 5th for most TD catches by TEs.  

20 minutes ago, theanarchist said:

You are correct.  Good TE's in this league are plentiful. Fleener does not crack the top 10

How many of those TEs average over 12 yards per catch as Fleener does? I know he didn't have a strong year this year but no receivers on the Colts did. Colts went from top of the league to not even middle of the pack. Fleener was effected just like the rest of the offense.

2 hours ago, bababooey said:

Seriously. Gronk, Graham, Thomas, Walker, Barnidge, Cameron, Eifert, Gates, Kelce, Miller, Reed, Witten, SFJ. Fleener is Donnell or Rudolph level

I guess you don't look at numbers on deciding who you think is good. Fleener has better numbers than a few you have listed. Going into this year Fleener was rated the 7th best TE in the league. He didn't forget how to play the TE position.

35 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

I'm confused...neither Fleener nor Allen had a year of 595 yards receiving.  Allen's highest was 521 his rookie year.  He had 3 TDs that year, though he had 8 TDs in 2014 but only 395 yards receiving that year.  Fleener's highest was 774 yards in 2014..and he had 8 TDs that year.  And Fleener's 2014 season was the best either of them have had since coming into the league.

Also, Fleeener was 8th in receiving yards (among TEs) in 2014, and he tied with Allen at 5th for most TD catches by TEs.  

Sorry, I didn't look up Allen's yardage from his rookie year, I took 595 at rock8591s word. Also, I wasn't talking stats. Statistically, Fleener's 2014 year was better but Allen's play in 2012 was easily the best we've seen from either of them.

It is Great to set the coordinator Coaches this quickly.
Last season is GONE! New hopes, new strategies abound.

Not a Fleener thread but, Andrew had a really good 2014, and Fleener was used as the Top deep threat TE

in the League.
 Chud got him the ball deep for a 57 yard TD against Tenn. and he was 7 for 7 on his targets.
 What will be sweet if Fleener does come back will be again using him on lots of deep routes.
 If he is one on one, oh ya. Otherwise, he will often draw a safety to one side of the field opening up the other side for our Speedsters.
 Going deep he will also open up the middle for crossing routes for TY, Dorsett ... and watch them run with it.

44 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I guess you don't look at numbers on deciding who you think is good. Fleener has better numbers than a few you have listed. Going into this year Fleener was rated the 7th best TE in the league. He didn't forget how to play the TE position.

I don't need to look at numbers to know Fleener isn't a top 10 TE lol. Also, ratings are subjective.If you think Fleener is a top 7 then that's just nuts. Where was Devonta Freeman and DeAngelo Williams rated before the year? See, it doesn't matter. Fleener wasn't even the highest rated TE on the team in terms of fantasy football which takes into account how much stats a person will get compared to others at their position. He was in the 20's during preseason behind Dwayne. Not saying he forgot how to play TE, just saying a lot more people learned how to play it better.

25 minutes ago, bababooey said:

I don't need to look at numbers to know Fleener isn't a top 10 TE lol. Also, ratings are subjective.If you think Fleener is a top 7 then that's just nuts. Where was Devonta Freeman and DeAngelo Williams rated before the year? See, it doesn't matter. Fleener wasn't even the highest rated TE on the team in terms of fantasy football which takes into account how much stats a person will get compared to others at their position. He was in the 20's during preseason behind Dwayne. Not saying he forgot how to play TE, just saying a lot more people learned how to play it better.

Your opinion of Fleener is just that, your opinion. That don't mean it is fact. Fleener has been the best and most consistent TE for the Colts since he has been here. That is a fact. I think you need to do a little more fact finding if you think Fleener hasn't been the best TE on the Colts roster.

12 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your opinion of Fleener is just that, your opinion. That don't mean it is fact. Fleener has been the best and most consistent TE for the Colts since he has been here. That is a fact. I think you need to do a little more fact finding if you think Fleener hasn't been the best TE on the Colts roster.

Best and most consistent TE is a fact. Because he is compared to our other big name TE that has missed 21 games in four years. I didn't say he wasn't the best on the roster. Blocking, ability to shed tackles, great hands, and yards after catch makes him second to Allen who is better in all of those departments. But in terms of health he is more reliable which is why I think we should keep him. I said he wasn't a top 5-10 TE in the league as some people in their warped minds think he is, and he for sure won't be paid like one.

17 hours ago, rock8591 said:

Fleener is a top 5-10 TE in the league, while Allen has been VASTLY overrated by fans.

595 yards catching in a season was his highest.

He's also an oft-injured crybaby. I used to be on the Allen train, but I've gotten past that. I won't knock the guys talent, he's good when he's healthy, but that's pretty rare.

1 hour ago, bababooey said:

Best and most consistent TE is a fact. Because he is compared to our other big name TE that has missed 21 games in four years. I didn't say he wasn't the best on the roster. Blocking, ability to shed tackles, great hands, and yards after catch makes him second to Allen who is better in all of those departments. But in terms of health he is more reliable which is why I think we should keep him. I said he wasn't a top 5-10 TE in the league as some people in their warped minds think he is, and he for sure won't be paid like one.

I like Allen but you can't deny the time he has missed, & he has been IMO underutilized by the Colts. The things you say Allen is better at are true although I think hands are a wash. The thing that Fleener is that Allen isn't is a tall deep threat with speed and size. Thats what makes Fleener a threat, unfortunately IMO he plays a little soft for my liking & no he is not a top 5/10 TE to me either!

15 hours ago, gacoop1 said:

I don't like seeing OC sitting comfortably in the box transmitting messages. Need to grind it out on the field with your team...

Why? If having an elevated view of the offensive formations makes playcalling more comfortable for the OC, why would you want to disrupt that and put him on the sideline?

9 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

He's also an oft-injured crybaby. I used to be on the Allen train, but I've gotten past that. I won't knock the guys talent, he's good when he's healthy, but that's pretty rare.

vs. 

6 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

And that 595 yard season was easily the best season by either TE since they've been here. Allen was truly a top 5 TE that year. Can't say the same about either one since then.

59144017.jpg

3 hours ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Sorry, I didn't look up Allen's yardage from his rookie year, I took 595 at rock8591s word. Also, I wasn't talking stats. Statistically, Fleener's 2014 year was better but Allen's play in 2012 was easily the best we've seen from either of them.

gotcha...confusion eliminated

:)

On 1/8/2016 at 4:20 PM, Jason_S said:

vs. 

59144017.jpg

Haha, I have nothing to say to such a stupid and erroneous comment. Not worth my time.

Edit: Actually, I will say one thing. Anyone who calls Dwayne Allen a crybaby has no idea what they're talking about. None.

On 1/8/2016 at 0:55 PM, ColtsLegacy said:

These people don't get it mane. They decide who is better by going to ESPN and sorting by "yards". We'll be vindicated when Allen puts up 10 TDs next season in Arizona. 

Just now, Dustin said:

These people don't get it mane. They decide who is better by going to ESPN and sorting by "yards". We'll be vindicated when Allen puts up 10 TDs next season in Arizona. 

What if Fleener also puts up 10 TDs next season here in Indy?

On 1/8/2016 at 4:19 PM, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Why? If having an elevated view of the offensive formations makes playcalling more comfortable for the OC, why would you want to disrupt that and put him on the sideline?

That bozzo Norv Turner was upstairs too Sunday. How lame is THAT guy?
chuckle

41 minutes ago, Dustin said:

Just because you like Allen better than Fleener does not make him any better. This has been a long standing topic every since they both signed with the Colts. I always said who cares as they both played for the Colts and their jobs were both needed. This non stop arguing over who is better is nonsense. Fleener has earned the right to be the starter and on the field with his actions. Allen has not been healthy and missed too many games. That is not a reflection of his talent level, it's a telling history. No matter the talent it does no good when on the sidelines. If my memory serves me Allen had a few easy catches that were dropped this season. Why does he get a pass on it when Fleener gets toasted when he does it? I have a feeling that Fleener, Allen and Doyle will all be on the Colts roster next season. Does winning an argument really mean that much to you? I guess if Allen goes to the Cards and catches a TD you can come and gloat, brag and do anything you want in here. Who cares?

28 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just because you like Allen better than Fleener does not make him any better. This has been a long standing topic every since they both signed with the Colts. I always said who cares as they both played for the Colts and their jobs were both needed. This non stop arguing over who is better is nonsense. Fleener has earned the right to be the starter and on the field with his actions. Allen has not been healthy and missed too many games. That is not a reflection of his talent level, it's a telling history. No matter the talent it does no good when on the sidelines. If my memory serves me Allen had a few easy catches that were dropped this season. Why does he get a pass on it when Fleener gets toasted when he does it? I have a feeling that Fleener, Allen and Doyle will all be on the Colts roster next season. Does winning an argument really mean that much to you? I guess if Allen goes to the Cards and catches a TD you can come and gloat, brag and do anything you want in here. Who cares?

Just because you like Fleener better than Allen does not make him any better. See how that works? And, once again, Allen had zero drops this year. Part of that can be credited to the fact that he only had 16 catchable balls thrown his way the entire season. 16!

52 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

TL;DR?

34 minutes ago, ColtsLegacy said:

Just because you like Fleener better than Allen does not make him any better. See how that works? And, once again, Allen had zero drops this year. Part of that can be credited to the fact that he only had 16 catchable balls thrown his way the entire season. 16!

Zero drops? I think you might want to check the facts a little closer. He had 29 throws to him and caught 16. Every receiver has drops and for you to say Allen had zero is nonsense.

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Zero drops? I think you might want to check the facts a little closer. He had 29 throws to him and caught 16. Every receiver has drops and for you to say Allen had zero is nonsense.

Man, since you can recall so vividly, I'm sure you wouldn't be troubled to tell us in which games he dropped passes?

2 minutes ago, Jason_S said:

Gotcha.  It wasn't about Allen outproducing Fleener, but rather outperforming what he's been able to do in Indy.  My bad.

I don't think he'll ever outproduce Fleener in the traditional sense. Fleener's been a target baby for the past 3 seasons allowing him to rack up some slightly above-mediocre volume stats, but I have no doubt that Allen will continue to be the more efficient player of the two when he goes to an offense that isn't afraid to use him. 

Just now, Dustin said:

I don't think he'll ever outproduce Fleener in the traditional sense. Fleener's been a target baby for the past 3 seasons allowing him to rack up some slightly above-mediocre volume stats, but I have no doubt that Allen will continue to be the more efficient player of the two when he goes to an offense that isn't afraid to use him. 

Good lord, you know that isn't true.  BTW, just curious, what's  a "target baby"?

5 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Find someone else to argue with. You are not worth the effort to look those numbers up.

I didn't ask you to look up numbers. You say you can recall Dwayne Allen's drops. Please just tell me in which game you remember them. 

Unless, you were telling a fib.