Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The Texans...

Nesjan3

I will be the first to admit after the Jags layed us to waste i was pretty upset and about ready to throw in the towel, now after a few days i been able to digest the situation, this might be top 5 most important games Matt H has ever played in his never ending career. It is not written in stone but if Matty can somehow pull it off, we pretty much have a clear path to the playoffs, and as everyone says "Its a new season, anything can happen". Just mayyybe Luck can come back and bring this team together, maybe 

How about let's not make the playoffs with our hurt franchise QB, our nonexistant O-line, our nonexistant run game, our injured and soft defense, and our coaches that will be fired by next season? And then we can improve our draft spots throughout the draft by 10+ positions due to the amount of mediocre .500 teams this year?

Also, 500 posts, only took two and a half years.

If the Colts beat the Texans and then also win one of their two remaining games thereafter, the Colts are most likely once again AFC South Division Champs, especially if that other win comes against Tennessee, which would give the Colts a 5-1 record within the division.

Though unlikely, if Luck and some of the other injured players make it back okay for the playoffs thereafter, going on an unlikely playoff run IS possible.  Unlikely, but possible.

I won't 100% write the Colts off for this year unless they lose this week against Houston.

14 hours ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

How about let's not make the playoffs with our hurt franchise QB, our nonexistant O-line, our nonexistant run game, our injured and soft defense, and our coaches that will be fired by next season? And then we can improve our draft spots throughout the draft by 10+ positions due to the amount of mediocre .500 teams this year?

I don't understand this position. Having a "good" draft position guarantees nothing. How many years have teams like the Browns have had high picks? In addition, look at how a culture of losing so badly effects teams. Combine those with the fact that the team that wins the Super Bowl is always the team that gets hot at the right time and I don't see why the mindset would ever be anything but "you play to win the game."

4 hours ago, ColtsSouljah said:

I don't understand this position. Having a "good" draft position guarantees nothing. How many years have teams like the Browns have had high picks? In addition, look at how a culture of losing so badly effects teams. Combine those with the fact that the team that wins the Super Bowl is always the team that gets hot at the right time and I don't see why the mindset would ever be anything but "you play to win the game."

So there's no difference between the 24th pick and the 14th pick because one team with terrible management can't do anything but draft busts? Not to mention that the position boost isn't just for one round. The teams that "get hot" have outstanding coaches and management, along with players playing all out every week. We don't have that, and we need change.

1 hour ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

So there's no difference between the 24th pick and the 14th pick because one team with terrible management can't do anything but draft busts? Not to mention that the position boost isn't just for one round. The teams that "get hot" have outstanding coaches and management, along with players playing all out every week. We don't have that, and we need change.

The players and coaches aren't going to lay down to try to secure a better draft position 

2 hours ago, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

Of course there's a difference, but there is no guarantee you'll get a better player at 14 than 24. I'd rather encourage a culture of winning and go for every chance there is in the playoffs.

1 hour ago, ColtsSouljah said:

Of course there's a difference, but there is no guarantee you'll get a better player at 14 than 24. I'd rather encourage a culture of winning and go for every chance there is in the playoffs.

I'd agree with that any other year but this one. The past couple seasons, there's been a feeling of determination to win every single week. This year, nearly every loss feels like something we would've won the past couple years, but not this year simply due to the lack of desire from the team this year. I'm not saying it's all their fault, as the media has been on our behinds since the first loss to Buffalo. But they certainly haven't shut the media up at all.

On 12/16/2015 at 9:45 PM, Andrew Luck's Beard said:

I prefer to watch my team win whenever possible.

6 minutes ago, MacDee1975 said:

Yeah.  They're going to lay down because they are sackless hacks who have already laid down the past 2 weeks.

Get a grip dude.    Those players and coaches are far better at what they do than you are at what you do.      Sack less hack indeed

7 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

We can all sit back on our PCs and think we have all the answers. After 3 years of over achieving this season has finally caught the Colts. The combinations of injuries, lack of depth and players not working out at key positions has shown.

So you think we were worse than the rest of the teams in our division for the past 3 years??

I think not.  If we win our division we go to the playoffs.  I think we deserved that each year.

I don't think we over achieved.

We may be a team with very little depth and have a few holes, but I don't think we over achieve.

23 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Get a grip dude.    Those players and coaches are far better at what they do than you are at what you do.      Sack less hack indeed

Maybe Pagano can play that card during his exit interview after Irsay cans him and that entire Pop Warner staff of his in about a month or so for not being good enough at their jobs:  "Hey Jim, I clearly lack the football acumen to be a head coach at this level.  Although i'm very strong at clapping and pumping my fists, i've demonstrated no ability whatsoever of being a competent in game strategist.  I was supposed to be a defensive guru, but ever since i've been here, the defense hasn't been anything other than atrocious.  But "jvan1973" says that I am better at my job than this big meanie who posts on the Colts.com forum is at his, so I will walk out of this office with my head held high."

9 hours ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

So you think we were worse than the rest of the teams in our division for the past 3 years??

I think not.  If we win our division we go to the playoffs.  I think we deserved that each year.

I don't think we over achieved.

We may be a team with very little depth and have a few holes, but I don't think we over achieve.

If you think the Colts have not over achieved their first three years under Grigson and Pagano you are in a small minority. I would expect you to know the facts without explanation. Also did I say the Colts have been worse than any division foe? No. There is a difference between deserve and achievement.

On 12/16/2015 at 3:27 AM, Nesjan3 said:

I will be the first to admit after the Jags layed us to waste i was pretty upset and about ready to throw in the towel, now after a few days i been able to digest the situation, this might be top 5 most important games Matt H has ever played in his never ending career. It is not written in stone but if Matty can somehow pull it off, we pretty much have a clear path to the playoffs, and as everyone says "Its a new season, anything can happen". Just mayyybe Luck can come back and bring this team together, maybe 

Except in all likelihood it'll be Whitehurst at QB..... :(

On December 17, 2015 at 7:39 PM, ColtsSouljah said:

Not saying I agree but to be fair, if you move to 14, you move to 14th in every round. And this year they are allowing people teams to trade compensatory picks, so it's really beneficial to pick high this year.

IDK about tanking, but I don't think you put Luck or Hass back on the field the rest of the season after the beating they've taken.

On ‎12‎/‎16‎/‎2015 at 1:14 PM, rockywoj said:

If the Colts beat the Texans and then also win one of their two remaining games thereafter, the Colts are most likely once again AFC South Division Champs, especially if that other win comes against Tennessee, which would give the Colts a 5-1 record within the division.

Though unlikely, if Luck and some of the other injured players make it back okay for the playoffs thereafter, going on an unlikely playoff run IS possible.  Unlikely, but possible.

I won't 100% write the Colts off for this year unless they lose this week against Houston.

Get your pen ready, sir.  :^)

3 hours ago, Jim H. said:

Get your pen ready, sir.  :^)

lol  Oh don't worry, it's ready and I am expecting a Colts loss.  Hoping for a win, but expecting a loss ... and if they do lose, then I'll be writing them off (even though mathematically they will not yet quite be eliminated).

(Unlike a lot of people around here, though, I do indeed hope for a win, for I am a believing that anything is possible in the playoffs ... and I'd much rather see the Colts go on an improbably run in the playoffs leading to a Super Bowl, than have the Colts lose to the Texans, miss the playoffs, get rid of the coaching staff and Gm and have to start over.  I prefer championships to organizational disarray, so cheer the Colts on as long as there's a "chance" I shall.)

+1. Ask the patriots about a top 10 pick. They haven't been a top 10 pick since 1999 probably. 4 super bowls and we're talking about tanking the season for high picks. Better to try than to not try at all...cant imagine how pumped this team would be with luck back especially with his last performance against denver.