Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex colts rb

CantBeStopped

There is a difference between a guy running through a massive hole for a TD 2 seasons after being drafted and his ability 2 years earlier when he was on the roster here. And I don't see how you can consider drafting somebody "not giving them a chance". 

19 minutes ago, Derakynn said:

There is a difference between a guy running through a massive hole for a TD 2 seasons after being drafted and his ability 2 years earlier when he was on the roster here. And I don't see how you can consider drafting somebody "not giving them a chance". 

There is a difference between drafting a guy and giving him a real shot. He would have been in the league whether we drafted him or not. But sticking him on the practice squad is not giving him a chance.

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Rub some more salt on the wound!

haha Sorry man!

Yes, Dion Lewis was a Colt as well. Of course this all burns accepting it. Until the Colts draft better talent for the O-Line, we are never going to run the ball well or protect our QB. This season reflects that so much.

Or maybe the Colts' scheme does not bring out the best in most RBs.  I think it is safe to say that our run blocking has been horrible for well over a decade.  Which is why you see former Colt RBs prospering elsewhere.  Seeing Dion Lewis play so well as a Patriot obviously drives Colts' fans mad.  Just recognize the reason and you'll understand why Dion, or whoever, never stood a chance here.

On 12/8/2015 at 8:22 AM, pgt_rob said:

It's hard to run behind the Colts line, though. We even had Justin Forsett, look at him now. (not literally now with his injury, but before that.)

We also had Dion Lewis at one point too. 

Ahh, just saw the posts above that beat me to it lol.

On December 6, 2015 at 1:05 PM, CantBeStopped said:

Kerwynn Williams has played great in every chance Arizona has given him. Why did we never give this guy a chance?

Because he had a limited chance here and couldn't make the roster.    Think he was a P.S. guy.

He went elsewhere and got experience,  he matured physically, and figured out the pro game and he's producing now.

This is not an uncommon thing.    A young player doesn't cut it with the first team, and several years later he plays well for another team.     There are examples on most every roster in the NFL.

On December 8, 2015 at 7:31 AM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We also had Dion Lewis for a couple of days haha

Yes, we did. I'm kind of amazed that he looked so good prior to his injury for the Patriots than he ever did for INDY. Maybe it just took Dion Lewis awhile for the game to slowdown & come to him. 

I wish Lewis a swift recovery because he's fascinating to watch stop, start, cut, & take it to the house. If guys are talented, I just enjoy watching their exploits on the field no matter what uniform they wear.  

On December 6, 2015 at 0:05 PM, CantBeStopped said:

Kerwynn Williams has played great in every chance Arizona has given him. Why did we never give this guy a chance?

I always liked Kerwynn but we didn't miss much. It's not like he's a starter if not for injuries he woukd still be sitting on the PS. 

He would be an upgrade over Tipton. He can return kicks. RB's like Kerwynn are all over makes me scratch my head in what we think we have in Tipton

On December 9, 2015 at 2:06 PM, NewColtsFan said:

Because he had a limited chance here and couldn't make the roster.    Think he was a P.S. guy.

He went elsewhere and got experience,  he matured physically, and figured out the pro game and he's producing now.

This is not an uncommon thing.    A young player doesn't cut it with the first team, and several years later he plays well for another team.     There are examples on most every roster in the NFL.

Everyone is missing Kerwynn was on the Cardinals practice squad all year. He's getting carries because Johnson broke his leg and Ellington has turf toe. It's not like he's been doing this since he left the Colts. He's been a PS player.

Our RB situation is what it is this year because no one was willing to look at Ballard objectively. A little research showed he didn't have much of a chance. Then we continued with him all through camp even when he couldn't go more than a week without an injury to his legs.

Then he can't make it a half in the 4th preseason game. We decide he should be on the 53 man totally ridiculous.

Meanwhile there were some pretty good backs just sitting out there on practice squads Mostert would have helped the return game as well as been help in the backfield  Bryce Brown, Mike James, John Crockett looked good last week for GB. Those are just guys off the top of my head. Heck In my opinion Kerwynn would have been down the list a ways. 

We stuck with Ballard who if you looked at the history of achilles injuries and RB' and watched what was happening with him it was painfully obvious it wasn't happening. He couldn't stay healthy for 7 consecutive days, not an exaggeration.

We decide to bring Bradshaw back. Who really expected him to make it more than the 6 weeks we got out of him?

Now we are stuck with Tipton another year I guess because he knows the offense. Or maybe I am missing the boat on Tipton. I see a lot of backs I'd take over him. We were lucky to get Boom back. We had a chance to help our backfield in September we opted for a miracle.