Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

It's gonna be sad day when Peyton and Brady are gone

Kyle234

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep ^ the short version of that is that Bill's Browns were 11-5 in 94, and 4-4 at the midpoint of 95 when Modell dropped the bomb. Meanwhile he did it with Vinny Testaverde, whose good teams in New York Bill was also a part of. That other New York team wasn't known for allstar quarterbacks either (Simms, Hostetler) but they got rings. That's where Brady belongs really. He's them + the breaks.

So he had one winning season in Cleveland? Wow. Other coaches struggle with poor QB play and they're bums....BB doesn't it and it's proof of his greatness.

BB is one of the great coaches, but the narrative on him would be totally different if had not gotten lucky with Tom Brady. I get that people don't like Brady, but if you don't think he is one of the all time greats you are fooling yourself.

So he had one winning season in Cleveland? Wow. Other coaches struggle with poor QB play and they're bums....BB doesn't it and it's proof of his greatness.

BB is one of the great coaches, but the narrative on him would be totally different if had not gotten lucky with Tom Brady. I get that people don't like Brady, but if you don't think he is one of the all time greats you are fooling yourself.

Brady is part of the winning formula but Belichick is responsible for everything. Heck he drafted Brady.

Belichick won 2 SBs as DC for Giants. At Cleveland, he was building the team from the scratch. It was time they are going to win in Cleveland and they moved to Baltimore. Pretty much the same personnel won the SB there in 2000.

1 winning season with the top defense and a lesser quarterback (there's a familiar narrative). It took 3 seasons to build but that's basically the definition of coaching. The only reason it didn't continue was because Art went crazy.

Clearly, we cant discuss the subject of the thread

Well we can.  :)  Greatest rivalry I have ever witnessed in the NFL because they played so many times. I read recently that Elway and Marino only played 3 times which is stunning. Just a testament to how many times Brady and Manning won their divisions setting up a rematch the following year.

I'll be sad when Brady hangs them up. No single player in this league has given me such profound satisfaction watching him lose. It truly is a sign of greatness having such a varying view among spectators. You either love him or hate him, and I love to hate him. He has been a thorn in our * for 15 years, and I can only hope we are lucky enough to have a future rivalry to match Manning/Brady. It keeps things interesting, I just hope that we have a better record against whoever becomes that next rival.

Brady is part of the winning formula but Belichick is responsible for everything. Heck he drafted Brady.

Belichick won 2 SBs as DC for Giants. At Cleveland, he was building the team from the scratch. It was time they are going to win in Cleveland and they moved to Baltimore. Pretty much the same personnel won the SB there in 2000.

Yet, when Brady went down BB and the patriots missed the playoffs because they allowed the mighty Dolphins to win the division.

He drafted Brady.....in the 6th. He basically hit on a lottery ticket.

That Baltimore roster in 2000 was drastically different.

1 winning season with the top defense and a lesser quarterback (there's a familiar narrative). It took 3 seasons to build but that's basically the definition of coaching. The only reason it didn't continue was because Art went crazy.

one winning season with the top defense in terms of scoring? Wow.

I'm not even arguing that BB didn't do a good job in Cleveland. He did well. But let's not act like the Browns were going to be some juggernaut if it wasn't for art modell. If not for Brady BB is just considered a good, not great coach......much like Marty Shottenheimer. Not saying that's fair, just the way it would be.

I can respect Brady as a great QB but I cant say I will miss him, that's Pats and Brady have been the Colts nemesis for 15 years now, and although nobody can say for sure they cheated, there is strong evidence that they have and one can argue Brady might not be as successful if they didnt

I can respect Brady as a great QB but I cant say I will miss him, that's Pats and Brady have been the Colts nemesis for 15 years now, and although nobody can say for sure they cheated, there is strong evidence that they have and one can argue Brady might not be as successful if they didnt

The question is: Will you miss the Manning-Brady 'rivalry' that is talked about and heralded and counted (Mannnig-Brady 16!!) on radio and TV.

Not whether you'll miss either one..just the matchup

one winning season with the top defense in terms of scoring? Wow.

I'm not even arguing that BB didn't do a good job in Cleveland. He did well. But let's not act like the Browns were going to be some juggernaut if it wasn't for art modell. If not for Brady BB is just considered a good, not great coach......much like Marty Shottenheimer. Not saying that's fair, just the way it would be.

You got it completely backwards...

You got it completely backwards...

You, like many others just want to discredit Brady. But I know, it's just coincidence that BB was 36-44 without Brady in Cleveland and then started 5-13 without Brady in New England. He starts Brady and things immediately turn around.....just coincidence.

The question is: Will you miss the Manning-Brady 'rivalry' that is talked about and heralded and counted (Mannnig-Brady 16!!) on radio and TV.Not whether you'll miss either one..just the matchup

Honestly, all the hype gets old. But I will miss the actual game play.

Yep ^ the short version of that is that Bill's Browns were 11-5 in 94, and 4-4 at the midpoint of 95 when Modell dropped the bomb. Meanwhile he did it with Vinny Testaverde, whose good teams in New York Bill was also a part of. That other New York team wasn't known for allstar quarterbacks either (Simms, Hostetler) but they got rings. That's where Brady belongs really. He's them + the breaks.

Yeah.

Best QB in history because of breaks. And BB. Has nothing to do with his phenomenal skills. Nothing to do with his clutchness.

Go back and watch the 4th quarter of the latest SB. No other QB, certainly not right now, could have done what Brady did.

Yet, when Brady went down BB and the patriots missed the playoffs because they allowed the mighty Dolphins to win the division.

He drafted Brady.....in the 6th. He basically hit on a lottery ticket.

That Baltimore roster in 2000 was drastically different.

He gave Brady a chance.

Same personnel. Ozzie in his own words.

Yeah.

Best QB in history because of breaks. And BB. Has nothing to do with his phenomenal skills. Nothing to do with his clutchness.

Go back and watch the 4th quarter of the latest SB. No other QB, certainly not right now, could have done what Brady did.

You are right. No one can do what he did. Watching from sidelines begging for defense to save the game.

I'll be sad when Brady hangs them up. No single player in this league has given me such profound satisfaction watching him lose. It truly is a sign of greatness having such a varying view among spectators. You either love him or hate him, and I love to hate him. He has been a thorn in our * for 15 years, and I can only hope we are lucky enough to have a future rivalry to match Manning/Brady. It keeps things interesting, I just hope that we have a better record against whoever becomes that next rival.

I agree. Not sure who Andrew's rival could be in the future? Wilson and Cam are in a different Conference so who knows. Regarding Peyton/Tom, it has been fun to watch. It was frustrating in the first part of the decade of the 2000's but Peyton figured it out in 2005 and 2006. The AFC Title win is still my favorite game of all-time.

I agree. Not sure who Andrew's rival could be in the future? Wilson and Cam are in a different Conference so who knows. Regarding Peyton/Tom, it has been fun to watch. It was frustrating in the first part of the decade of the 2000's but Peyton figured it out in 2005 and 2006. The AFC Title win is still my favorite game of all-time.

for a rookie on a really bad team I think Marcus Mariota could be a rival. If they put good talent around him so could Carr in Oakland.

for a rookie on a really bad team I think Marcus Mariota could be a rival. If they put good talent around him so could Carr in Oakland.

Yeah I almost posted Mariota and he is in the Division. Next season could be real interesting. This season's game in Tennessee was a great game, pulling that out 35-33. Both QB's were slinging it.

You, like many others just want to discredit Brady. But I know, it's just coincidence that BB was 36-44 without Brady in Cleveland and then started 5-13 without Brady in New England. He starts Brady and things immediately turn around.....just coincidence.

I want to discredit Brady because he doesn't deserve over half the credit he gets. The way you talk, you'd credit Sanchez for the Jets going to 2 AFCCGs.

Yeah.

What wait for the other quarterback to throw an interception? Jay Cutler did the other day.

The 11-5 season with Matt Cassel completely invalidates your argument lol.

Where's cassel now? A vagabond backup qb.

The 11-5 season with Matt Cassel completely invalidates your argument lol.

Where's cassel now? A vagabond backup qb.

Lol. So your argument is BB once again missed the playoffs without Tom Brady? They missed the playoffs after losing the division to a mediocre Dolphins team.....with a roster that was talented enough to go 18-1 the yr. Impressive. Impressive indeed.

And what happened to Matt Cassell? He went to the Chiefs and actually MADE THE PLAYOFFS under the legendary coach Todd Haley.

The same roster you are talking about is built by Belichick in NE including Brady.

Your discrediting BB is naive.

He did an excellent job in NE, although I'm sure he had plenty of help. So?

I already said he was one of the all time greats.....how is that discrediting him?

The only thing going on here is two people digging for a reason to discredit a player they loathe.

...and Jim McMahon won the Bear's SB.

You are comparing the skills/value of Jim McMahon and Mark Sanchez to Tom Brady.....really? The same tom brady who is a 3x SB MVP, and 2x NFL MVP, etc, etc...

Let's just agree to disagree because this is beyond ridiculous.

He did an excellent job in NE, although I'm sure he had plenty of help. So?

I already said he was one of the all time greats.....how is that discrediting him?

The only thing going on here is two people digging for a reason to discredit a player they loathe.

You didn't read properly then. See my first post on it.