Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

No More Hosting Super Bowls In Indy

bap1331

Well the madden curse only affects one player. The super bowl hosting curse affects the whole franchise.

Usually, but this year it knocked out everyone sharing the name Peyton/Payton. Sean Payton doesn't even play, yet got put in crutches!

No city, and I mean no city, hosts big time sporting events like Indy. I predict we'll host one within 12-15 years of 2012. I'm marginally involved in the process and, trust me, the NFL is blown away by most every aspect of our program.

I'll predict we host another one...when we build a new stadium.

We got this one because the NFL had to pay the piper after leveraging a SB to get taxpayer money for Lucas Oil Stadium.

I think this actually may be a blessing. We were getting older, in cap heck, and on a downhill slide. This season will bring a changing of the guard and the potential for some solid long term success. Most teams struggle to find their franchise QB after a great.....we have one bad season and fall into the top prospect since our current QB.

It just brings a curse to the franchises just like the madden covers. It brings revenue for the city but at the cost of a franchise. Is it worth it? Good luck to the Saints next year!

Never take a coincidence and make it a trend.

I hope we can get the Super Bowl again as soon as possible....

No city, and I mean no city, hosts big time sporting events like Indy. I predict we'll host one within 12-15 years of 2012. I'm marginally involved in the process and, trust me, the NFL is blown away by most every aspect of our program.

New Orleans respectfully disagrees. Big time.

Yes, of course it is worth it. I do say that as someone who actually lives in Indianapolis. I want to see those millions of dollars roll and bolster our economy.

At least if it snows we sure as heck will know what to do with it unlike Dallas.

I still laugh at the video of them removing snow with wood pallets. :lol:

Yes, of course it is worth it. I do say that as someone who actually lives in Indianapolis. I want to see those millions of dollars roll and bolster our economy.

At least if it snows we sure as heck will know what to do with it unlike Dallas.

I still laugh at the video of them removing snow with wood pallets. :lol:

Or waiting for the ice to "melt" then scrambling to figure out what to do when it started falling on top of people...

Not only is the Super Bowl good for Indy, Indy will be good for the Super Bowl. Indy has great experience at hosting big events, I think there will be many more SB's hosted here in Indy and I hope so. But I would rather see a better halftime show lineup..hehe !!!

we need a week of 40-degree weather

Who would have thought large chunks of packed snow falling from high altitudes might be dangerous. :facepalm:

whaaaat? Snow is light and fluffy. I believe the terminal velocity for snow is like .05 MPH. There's no way falling chunks of pretty snow could hurt anyone. If so, they should sue god or whoever invented snow. I hear god has lots of cash.

The Patriots in the Hoosier Dome winning a Super Bowl is the final straw that breaks the Colts/Pats rivalry with the Pats humiliating the Colts forever. If there is a God the Pats will lose on the last play of the game by a Pats fumble or int. Add Manning never to return to the Hoosier Dome with a Pats win would then be justification for imploding the building all together and starting over.

As for cold weather, it'll be cold, just depends on a) how cold and b) what your tolerance is. People seem to forget that Indy really does NOT get that much snow. An hour north of is gets snow consistently. We get 10 snows of 1" or more a winter and, on average, 2-3 accumulations of over 5". Early February's average high temp is 39 degrees. That's cold but its tolerable for most Americans. I also will point out that we're just as likely to get a week of unseasonably warm temps (50-70) than we are unseasonable cold temps that week (0-20). I'm praying for good weather and optimistic. The only thing that will pose a problem would be an ice storm.

The Patriots in the Hoosier Dome winning a Super Bowl is the final straw that breaks the Colts/Pats rivalry with the Pats humiliating the Colts forever. If there is a God the Pats will lose on the last play of the game by a Pats fumble or int. Add Manning never to return to the Hoosier Dome with a Pats win would then be justification for imploding the building all together and starting over.

Uh, the Hoosier Dome was imploded years ago...

I think it's great the city is hosting the SB. I can't wait for all the acitivities that we will be able to take in; as in the village, the experience, and many more things! I am volunteering also and think it's a great way to meet new people and I don't really care who is in the big game, just as long as they all bring some $$ into our city.

I think the mayor though should be ashamed of raising our meter prices downtown and selling out, he should take some of the $$ and pay back all those that have rec'd tickets for faulty meters already!! lol

As for cold weather, it'll be cold, just depends on a) how cold and b) what your tolerance is. People seem to forget that Indy really does NOT get that much snow. An hour north of is gets snow consistently. We get 10 snows of 1" or more a winter and, on average, 2-3 accumulations of over 5". Early February's average high temp is 39 degrees. That's cold but its tolerable for most Americans. I also will point out that we're just as likely to get a week of unseasonably warm temps (50-70) than we are unseasonable cold temps that week (0-20). I'm praying for good weather and optimistic. The only thing that will pose a problem would be an ice storm.

If Green Bay and New England make it, their fans will feel at home. :)

i just dont want to see the Patriots or Saints in Colts territory for the Super Bowl. If they do, it should be to lose...

I think the team I would want their the least is the Packers, every time the Colts play the Packers in Indy one of the Fox ^fool^s will have to point out that Green Bay has more fans in Indy than the Colts. so anyone but the Packers.