Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Derek Carr

runthepost

Derek is very poised.  He grew up in an NFL locker room, was studying film as a teenager alongside of his brother.  He's a good man.  He's a solid person - husband, father.  He's very calm and pretty much unflappable.

In other words - he's trouble ahead for my beloved Chargers.  And I can't even hate him for it  :P

We had season tickets for the Fresno State Bulldogs when he was the QB, so we watched him grow before our eyes.   

• 10 months later...
17 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I had Raiders making the Playoffs. Carr is Good, I like what Rio is doing with that team.

They are still playing lousy D, JDR is not doing much other than getting out of the way of Carr, IMO :).

A few gutsy 4th down calls banking on Carr's ability is the best JDR has done this year.

Just now, chad72 said:

They are still playing lousy D, JDR is not doing much other than getting out of the way of Carr, IMO :).

A few gutsy 4th down calls banking on Carr's ability is the best JDR has done this year.

Rio is usually good at getting his Defenses to play respectable. We will see how the season goes on. I am not sure Carr is a Top 10 QB yet even but he is Good. Rio has made some key gutsy calls to help the Raiders win so far. The 2 point  conversion against the Saints set the tone early.

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2016 at 3:31 PM, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Rio is usually good at getting his Defenses to play respectable. We will see how the season goes on. I am not sure Carr is a Top 10 QB yet even but he is Good. Rio has made some key gutsy calls to help the Raiders win so far. The 2 point  conversion against the Saints set the tone early.

There aren't 10 QB's in the league who are more talented than him, I know that.

4 minutes ago, Hi-Tek said:

There aren't 10 QB's in the league who are more talented than him, I know that.

Maybe not, I think Carr is Good. Would you take Carr over:

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, or Joe Flacco? That is 10 I just named. Of course for the future you are going to take him over Brady and Brees because they are old but just talking today.

58 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Big Ben, Drew Brees, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, Andrew Luck, Matt Ryan, Eli Manning, or Joe Flacco? That is 10 I just named. Of course for the future you are going to take him over Brady and Brees because they are old but just talking today.

No but I think he could be just behind that group.  He has gotten better certainly.  It will be up to the Raiders to continue to build around him or else he could end up like, well......you know who right now.

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I'd take him over some of those guys, yes. He's young and fresh and talented. He throws a better ball than most of those guys and if you don't believe me watch him throw.

32 minutes ago, Hi-Tek said:

I'd take him over some of those guys, yes. He's young and fresh and talented. He throws a better ball than most of those guys and if you don't believe me watch him throw.

Not denying his talent. I think he's Good but Top 10 is debatable is all I am saying. I like to see a QB be Good to Great for at least 3 or 4 seasons before I am sold on them. Andrew for example has had 3 seasons where you can say that. Carr has yet to lead the Raiders to the Playoffs but I do think they make it this season.

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

3 11-5 seasons, rookie record for most passing Yards = 2012/11-5, a 40 TD passing season in 2014 and a Championship Game appearance, in 2013 we won a Playoff game and he had only 9 INT's. This season he actually is putting up MVP numbers, how doesn't he?

So, he was great last year?

14 hours ago, Hi-Tek said:

Too mistake-prone for my liking. I think Carr is better.

Carr is Good. I have them making the Playoffs but he hasn't had the career Andrew has had so far. Give me 2 or 3 more years of what I am seeing now and it will convince me he can be a Very Good to Great QB. Andrew has made a Title Game and Cam a SB.