Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Los Angeles Chargers?

CR91

Los Angeles has the worst sports fans in America. They only care about the if it's winning and most of the people there in general aren't sports fans. They're the hollywood type people that are either into Acting and Modeling and don't give two hoots about sports. The NFL just wants to have a team in LA because it's a bug, popular city, that doesn't mean it's a good football city.

Los Angeles has the worst sports fans in America. They only care about the if it's winning and most of the people there in general aren't sports fans. They're the hollywood type people that are either into Acting and Modeling and don't give two hoots about sports. The NFL just wants to have a team in LA because it's a bug, popular city, that doesn't mean it's a good football city.

Not necessarily about fans in the stands at this point. NFL can squeeze even more $$ from their sponsors and demand even more money from the networks when the time comes to re-new the broadcasting rights contracts if they can move into the L.A. markets with a team. It might even be 2 or 3 that move there if the stadium sharing plan between the Chargers and Raiders is approved at the next league meetings. And I'm sure the NFL will write the schedule so all the cool kids visit L.A. in the first 4 years to boost attendance along with giving L.A. a Super Bowl. It's become too big to fail at this point.

They'd be better off with the Rams and Raiders instead of the Rams and Chargers.   I think it's franchise suicide to move the Chargers there.  

Although they could share a stadium.  Blue and Gold Colors in regards to seating.  

It's death for the Chargers if another team goes to LA and they stay in San Diego. It's too bad, but they gotta do something.

I hope the raiders go I can't stand the * stadium the raiders have. Let the Chargers go too just put one in the NFC

Don't know if that's going to happen. The Raiders still fill up their stadium with faithful fans, despite only having 1 season with 8 wins in the last 12 years.

San Diego on the other hand, I would be frightened if my team's stadium ended up overrun by fans of the opposing team, as we seen on MNF a few weeks ago with the Steelers. There was so many Pittsburgh fans in that stadium, Rivers had to call time outs due to being thrown off by noise. The same thing happened too back in 2011, when Packers fans were so loaded at that stadium "Go Pack Go" chants threw S.D's offense off. 

Don't know if that's going to happen. The Raiders still fill up their stadium with faithful fans, despite only having 1 season with 8 wins in the last 12 years.

San Diego on the other hand, I would be frightened if my team's stadium ended up overrun by fans of the opposing team, as we seen on MNF a few weeks ago with the Steelers. There was so many Pittsburgh fans in that stadium, Rivers had to call time outs due to being thrown off by noise. The same thing happened too back in 2011, when Packers fans were so loaded at that stadium "Go Pack Go" chants threw S.D's offense off. 

yeah  its bad if a team from 2400 miles away is impacting the game with crowd noise

We had a "shared" stadium today at OUR home game.  LA Raider's fans are already established, if SD moves with them guess who will have the harder time drawing a crowd.

I've given up - I think they'll move and it won't go well.  How many teams have already been there and left?  The whole sunshine state problem is too many out of state born and bred people who don't care about their local teams.

We had a "shared" stadium today at OUR home game.  LA Raider's fans are already established, if SD moves with them guess who will have the harder time drawing a crowd.

I've given up - I think they'll move and it won't go well.  How many teams have already been there and left?  The whole sunshine state problem is too many out of state born and bred people who don't care about their local teams.

I feel bad for you. I can tell you, if that was the Superdome attracting more fans of the opposing team more than Saints fans, I would be very depressed. I'm sorry you have to witness something like that. And the Chargers are no where near as bad as the Saints were in my teen years, when the low numbers of fans showing up to games were wearing brown paper bags over their heads. 

I remember the "Ain'ts" and the paper bags well.  They were in a sorry state.  

What ever is going to happen I'm just ready for it to get done - there's been a poisoning of the team's support by this whole process.  Since I don't live in San Diego anymore, I don't get all the local perspective but I see enough to know it's time for a decision.

We had a "shared" stadium today at OUR home game. LA Raider's fans are already established, if SD moves with them guess who will have the harder time drawing a crowd.

I've given up - I think they'll move and it won't go well. How many teams have already been there and left? The whole sunshine state problem is too many out of state born and bred people who don't care about their local teams.

Agreed.

I think its safe to say that if the Chargers move to LA...they will NOT bring along most native San Diego fans who as you correctly point out, were dwindling in number thanks to the influx of fans of other teams.

But the Raiders own LA...and that seed was planted in the Al Davis days by way of both his successful foray into the LA market and also the Raider Nation element that I see daily in LA and SoCal in general.

In fact, even with a remnant of Rams fans in LA from the old days...I'm beginning to think that from a purely fan base-driven perspective, the scenario that makes the most sense is the Raiders in LA and the 49ers up north in SF.....and that's it for the state of California.

And I say that with a lot of regret because San Diego is great place...but that "home game" versus the Raiders last Sunday was striking. That invasion of Raider fans looked like it rivaled even the Steelers fan traveling show we see a lot of.

What happens to build an LA Chargers fan base is anyone's guess...but they will basically be starting over again.

LOL....you forgot pot-smoking surfers in your characterization of roughly 11 million people.

Look, there are plenty of football fans here but most of them are infidels like me who moved here with allegiances to other teams.

The rest at this point...are mostly Raider fans...and I think they'll probably do well here.

Now does that mean those Hollywood/model-actor types will show up when the Raiders suck?

No...they'd probably rather be stuck in a broken elevator with a decomposing skunk than to be sitting next to a bunch of Raider Nation vatos who, to their credit, have remained loyal thru a pretty lousy 10-12 years for their team.

Where all this leaves the Rams and/or Chargers? IDK.

But you're correct that its a popular city and thus, an advertising and relocation bonanza for the league. And making a pile of money is their 1st commandment.

Let the $$$$-grab begin.

classic post here...

USC & UCLA fans might disagree...

cause the NFL higher ups are too stupid to look at a map

To be totally fair, the Rams in St. Louis was not always a thing. They were in L.A. until about '96 or so when they finally moved to St. Louis. 

Back in the 80's, the Rams and 49ers had an incredible rivalry being just some hours away from each other. Even though S.F. got all the glory, the Rams gave them a run for the money in those divisional games. The Jim Everett Rams would have been a great team if they were coached better, cause they sure had the firepower to put up points around '89. 

If you think that's bad with St Louis in the NFC West; once upon a time the NFC West was the following

Atlanta

New Orleans

San Francisco

L.A./St Louis

and count Carolina in from 1995 to 2002. 

Seriously, THAT was the NFC West. Talk about really bad geography!