Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Such a winnable game. Pats did not really "wow" me.

zibby43

I liked it. It took guts and we recovered it. It caught them completely off guard.

It appeared we recovered it but it did not turn out that we to the refs. I just didn't think you chance putting that offense on the 50 yard line. Hard enough to stop them already. Yeah I would have been happy if we got it but I thought it was pretty risky at a time we did not need a whole lot of risk.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appeared we recovered it but it did not turn out that we to the refs. I just didn't think you chance putting that offense on the 50 yard line. Hard enough to stop them already. Yeah I would have been happy if we got it but I thought it was pretty risky at a time we did not need a whole lot of risk.

we didn't we kicked it over their heads and they got it about the 35 rather than the 20, acceptable risk.

its more frustrating when you see on the Pats last TD their lineman had a Colts lineman around the neck and no call.

I think the Colts have a rep for it now so the refs throw it when it's close. Which isn't right, it's lazy officiating but this crew proved they were lazy when said Pats ball on the onside kick based on what they thought they saw rather then unpiling the pile to see who really got it.

With said, too many mistakes by the Colts on their part. You can't score just seven points in the second half and expect to beat New England. Also rather we think it's holding or not the refs are calling it, the Colts have to adjust. Then there was the whole punt debacle...

You're right in saying that we have to score more than just 7 points in the 2nd half, but damn the overwhelming majority of the holding calls were ticky tack to say the least & like you said, it's lazy officiating & we had NE on the ropes until they inexplicably blew the onside kick since everybody & their mama saw we had the ball.

Indy out rushed NE.  Luck threw for the same yards and TD's and Brady.  Colts won the turn over battle.  Colts won time of possession.  A bad ST call, holding calls, and failed call by the officials when Donte recovered on on-sides kick, put Indy in a hole the could not recover from.

Grats to the 5-0 pats.

I humbly accept this loss being Indy showed  they can play toe-to-toe with NE and gave the the closest game NE has had all year.

You're sadly mistaken if you think GB is a lock to come out the NFC. Carolina can & will give them a run for their money should they meet in January(especially if they play in Carolina) along with Atlanta. Yes tonight's loss stung like hell, but we've proven we can hang with them & quite frankly, I'm praying we do see them again.

Lol some of you all are so delusional... The Patriots took their foot off the pedal...  It was obvious lol.  They know that this team will just beat themselves and if they don't they can just throw to Gronk for an easy TD.  If we see them in the playoffs we will lose the traditional 50 to 20 or 30.  

Lol some of you all are so delusional... The Patriots took their foot off the pedal...  It was obvious lol.  They know that this team will just beat themselves and if they don't they can just throw to Gronk for an easy TD.  If we see them in the playoffs we will lose the traditional 50 to 20 or 30.  

That's ridiculous. NE never takes their foot off the pedal. If given the opportunity, they will run up the score. They only started running the ball to take time off the clock. It was unlikely, but not impossible to win that game even in the last 2 minutes. Do you honestly think BB would "take his foot off the pedal" assuming the Colts would beat themselves? Really, do you actually believe that?

You are the one that is delusional.  They never took their foot off the pedal, Brady kept throwing it in the 4th quarter.  Not till there was 3 minutes left did they try to run the clock out.  Indy's secondary just started playing better and defending passes in the 4th and made NE start punting.  You may need to go back and watch the game.

That's ridiculous. NE never takes their foot off the pedal. If given the opportunity, they will run up the score. They only started to run the game to take time off the clock. It was unlikely, but not impossible to win that game even in the last 2 minutes. Do you honestly think BB would "take his foot off the pedal" assuming the Colts would beat themselves. Really, do you actually believe that?

Lol you apparently weren't watching the game.  They were most definitely not "running up the score".  They were content with running it and playing underneath with no reason to throw anything over 15 yards. Of course it was easy to win that game.  But they could easily tell we were back in panic Luck and throwing for 20 yards every play.  We literally did all the work for them the last quarter.  

And yes I actually believe that because it was painfully obvious.   

You are the one that is delusional.  They never took their foot off the pedal, Brady kept throwing it in the 4th quarter.  Not till there was 3 minutes left did they try to run the clock out.  Indy's secondary just started playing better and defending passes in the 4th and made NE start punting.  You may need to go back and watch the game.

So they were throwing to Gronk (the guy who had beaten us the 2nd and 3rd quarter) and were throwing over 15 yards (again something that was beating us) all the way into the 4th?  Lol

Lol you apparently weren't watching the game.  They were most definitely not "running up the score".  They were content with running it and playing underneath with no reason to throw anything over 15 yards. Of course it was easy to win that game.  But they could easily tell we were back in panic Luck and throwing for 20 yards every play.  We literally did all the work for them the last quarter.  

I didn't say they were running up the score, I said given the opportunity they would (they didn't have the opportunity). Maybe obvious to you and a perhaps a very few others, but that was not an easy win for NE.  

lmao That is Brady's offensive game. He throws short passes. Indy just pass defensed them and made them have to punt.They didn't punt cause they WANTED too.....dear lord.......

lmao That is Brady's offensive game. He throws short passes. Indy just pass defensed them and made them have to punt.They didn't punt cause they WANTED too.....dear lord.......

So you are saying that Brady and BB were beaten (for a whole quarter mind you) and didn't adjust at all...lol...lolololol  K I'll let you be that homer that Indy beat and out adjusted the greatest adjustment tandem in football this season. :-)

I didn't say they were running up the score, I said given the opportunity they would (they didn't have the opportunity). Maybe obvious to you and a perhaps a very few others, but that was not an easy win for NE.  

Lol... they had the opportunity... They had known since the 2nd quarter what it took to beat us.  They just knew they didn't need it anymore because we literally gave them the game lol....  This was definitely an easy win...  They literally only had to go 3 n out punt let us implode go back do it again until time ran out lol... The minute we gave them the field the game was over.  The air was knocked out of Indy and it was painfully obvious. That is the whole reason why they stopped throwing it to their best player.

You have really not taken the time to read my post. Nothing you're saying here makes sense. I would agree, however, we were in panic mode at the end. But I ask you again, do you REALLY believe BB took his foot off the pedal because he was confident we would beat ourselves? So you don't think NE would have tried running up the score if they thought they could (without the possibility of the Colts picking them off)? If the Colts had recovered the onside (at the end of the game) and managed to score a TD. We would be tied! Then in OT, assume we win. BB's after game presser would be "I took my foot off the pedal. I thought the Colts would beat themselves"? That might be obvious to you, but is very illogical and unlikely. I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.

So you are saying that Brady and BB were beaten (for a whole quarter mind you) and didn't adjust at all...lol...lolololol  K I'll let you be that homer that Indy beat and out adjusted the greatest adjustment tandem in football this season. :-)

No, never said Pagano out coached BB.  Where in the world did you get that?!  I'm saying Brady continued to play the short pass game until VERY late 4th quarter, trying to continue to score, -aka not letting up-, and that Indy's secondary outplayed NE's receivers in the 4th to keep them from doing so.

Pep is an * plain and simple. He's gonna ensure every week that Gore doesn't reach 100 yards. Hate is a strong word.... But I HATE Pep with a passion. The guy is an * and he really needs to go. So damn stubborn. How many times did Gore touch the ball in the 2nd half? And while we're at it, IG Andre Johnson wanna decide to show up when we play the Texans only.

You have really not taken the time to read my post. Nothing you're saying here makes sense. I would agree, however, we were in panic mode at the end. But I ask you again, do you REALLY believe BB took his foot off the pedal because he was confident we would beat ourselves? So you don't think NE would have tried running up the score if they thought they could (without the possibility of the Colts picking them off)? If the Colts had recovered the onside (at the end of the game) and managed to score a TD. We would be tied! Then in OT, assume we win. BB's after game presser would be "I took my foot off the pedal. I thought the Colts would beat themselves"? That might be obvious to you, but is very illogical and unlikely. I don't think I'm alone in that opinion.

Yes. 

I'll give you the reasoning.

1. BB will never say that.

Taking the foot off the pedal with a 2 score lead until Indy proves they can do anything does the following:

2. Prevent injuries

3. Shows limited play formations

4. Prevents Edelman from further injury

5. Gets great encouragement to the already injured oline

6. Gives the RB's a huge sample size for the coaches to analyze

All great reasons backed by logic because of the following:

7. Indy proved that with the 2 safeties gone they had no answer for Gronk

8. Indy proved that they will take unnecessary risks and give the opponent free yards

9. Indy proved that they will not take anything the defense gives them but force into coverage

10. Indy proved that they wouldn't run the ball (the biggest weakness of the Patriots defense) They showed this when there was till 9 minutes left in the 4th btw

Very easy reasoning.  When you know the other team will do everything to shoot themselves in the foot and they have no answer for you're ability to score.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000556108/article/tom-brady-not-concerned-with-revenge-vs-colts

"We're gonna do what we do every week," Brady said, via CSNNE.com. "We're going to prepare as hard as we can, like we always do, and we're going to try to win a game. We're gonna try to score every time we touch the ball, just like every other time in every other game. It's no different this week than it was last week or the week before."

So you're saying that Brady is either a liar, or changed his mind in the final quarter?...........please.

No, never said Pagano out coached BB.  Where in the world did you get that?!  I'm saying Brady continued to play the short pass game until VERY late 4th quarter, trying to continue to score, -aka not letting up-, and that Indy's secondary outplayed NE's receivers in the 4th to keep them from doing so.

Ok so the way Brady scored earlier in the game was via Gronk and coverage breakdown for 15+ plays.  So they decided to change that formula and play small ball so they could score? lol what?  No they were content with it because they knew Indy would do all the work for them. And Indy did.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000556108/article/tom-brady-not-concerned-with-revenge-vs-colts

"We're gonna do what we do every week," Brady said, via CSNNE.com. "We're going to prepare as hard as we can, like we always do, and we're going to try to win a game. We're gonna try to score every time we touch the ball, just like every other time in every other game. It's no different this week than it was last week or the week before."

So you're saying that Brady is either a liar, or changed his mind in the final quarter?...........please.

LOL...

You literally proved my point.  They did exactly what they had to do to win the game.  There was 0 reason for them to take any risk when Indy showed they would just beat themselves. And about scoring? yea sure Brady wants to score every down but...  

Also Brady doesn't make those decisions over in NE.  It isn't Indy the HC does. 

Lol... they had the opportunity... They had known since the 2nd quarter what it took to beat us.  They just knew they didn't need it anymore because we literally gave them the game lol....  This was definitely an easy win...  They literally only had to go 3 n out punt let us implode go back do it again until time ran out lol... The minute we gave them the field the game was over.  The air was knocked out of Indy and it was painfully obvious. That is the whole reason why they stopped throwing it to their best player.

Okay, I will no longer respond to anything you post after this. Any retort I might have would only be in vain. I will not entertain anyone that truly believes the things you're posting.

Okay, I will no longer respond to anything you post after this. Any retort I might have would only be in vain. I will not entertain anyone that truly believes the things you're posting.

That's quite fine... It doesn't change the fact that literally that is what happened on the field.

Ok so the way Brady scored earlier in the game was via Gronk and coverage breakdown for 15+ plays.  So they decided to change that formula and play small ball so they could score? lol what?  No they were content with it because they knew Indy would do all the work for them. And Indy did.

Gronk had 3 catches for the game none in the 1st half.  That was B.B.'s game plan? and the TD was blown coverage, OFC he threw him the ball.

90% of Brady's throws were to players not yet 10 yards past the line of scrimmage the entire game.  same in the first quarter,..same in the 4th.  No difference.  Colts just played tighter and kept receivers from catching it in the 4th unlike the first 3 quarters.

I do however fully agree with Indy shooting themselves in the foot by not running it more in the second half.

Absolutely! Going to be tough wacthing this one in the film room. Let's see how the pats do later in the season. They're beatable

They have a pretty dang easy schedule, I can see them caughing up maybe 1. People have said in previous years they look beatable, every team is beatable. But the Patriots 9 times out of 10 are the ones who execute the best and they take advantage of what you give them. They play disciplined and they are consistent.

I don't know how they're calling holding. A lot of those holding calls are bogus, IMO.

It seems the refs are calling anything that even possibly or remotely looks like it could be holding. They are throwing the flags. Bottom line is Colts HAVE to adjust and be more disciplined, cause we're not gonna change the way the refs call the games. They are clamping down big time this year.

It seems the refs are calling anything that even possibly or remotely looks like it could be holding. They are throwing the flags. Bottom line is Colts HAVE to adjust and be more disciplined, cause we're not gonna change the way the refs call the games. They are clamping down big time this year.

I'm about done with the NFL.

The blown calls and the inconsistent calls are making it unwatchable to me.

The blown call today really affected the game and don't even get me started on the holding calls.

Indy out rushed NE.  Luck threw for the same yards and TD's and Brady.  Colts won the turn over battle.  Colts won time of possession.  A bad ST call, holding calls, and failed call by the officials when Donte recovered on on-sides kick, put Indy in a hole the could not recover from.

Grats to the 5-0 pats.

I humbly accept this loss being Indy showed  they can play toe-to-toe with NE and gave the the closest game NE has had all year.

This is pretty much exactly what was on my mind when I created this thread.  Good summary man.

For the people here that understand football (and there are quite a few outstanding members here with extremely solid football IQs), the Colts really passed the "eye test" in this game.

I mean, even with a dinged up secondary and a lackluster pass rush, the Colts D played pretty solid.

Backbreaking penalties, one very bad call (onside kick recovery), and one of the biggest ST gaffes I've ever seen, doomed the Colts.  Despite the aforementioned problems, the Colts still had a chance to tie/win with less than 1:30 left to play. 

Or they could do a better job of calling holding when it happens and not calling it when it doesn't happen. Lots the Colts need to work on, but the holding calls are bogus. Holmes and AC got hit with bad flags.

Or they could do a better job of calling holding when it happens and not calling it when it doesn't happen. Lots the Colts need to work on, but the holding calls are bogus. Holmes and AC got hit with bad flags.

They were absolutely atrocious.  If those were "true" holds, then the Pats were holding on every play.  And so was every other team/line in the NFL today. 

So they were throwing to Gronk (the guy who had beaten us the 2nd and 3rd quarter) and were throwing over 15 yards (again something that was beating us) all the way into the 4th?  Lol

Gronk had 1 target in the first half. It wasn't until we had to switch our safety play that he had any success. The truth is that we played Gronk pretty well in the first half, and late in the game.

I've heard a lot of nonsense tonight, but the idea that the Pats decided to cruise in this game at any point is a total laugher. 

Gronk had 1 target in the first half. It wasn't until we had to switch our safety play that he had any success. The truth is that we played Gronk pretty well in the first half, and late in the game.

I've heard a lot of nonsense tonight, but the idea that the Pats decided to cruise in this game at any point is a total laugher.

I agree, totally. That makes no sense at all. NE never chooses to cruise, and they certainly wouldn't choose to cruise against the Colts.