Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Toler back for week 5

akcolt

A boost is a boost, he didn't say the team would be better than last week. It will absolutely give us a boost with his return. 

I would feel better if we had all our starters in whats most likely gonna be a tough game

davis anderson langford and freeman not practicing is not gonna give us a boost

Resting they just played yesterday I am surprised the list is that short.

Everyone loves to bang on Toler. We are much better when he's on the field

With only 4 days rest after a 4.7 quarter game rest is the order of the day.  So as said before, there is no reason to panic until the injury report comes out tomorrow afternoon.

90% of what we worry about never comes to pass so lets take a breath and the loot the town tomorrow if those players cant play in Houston

I'm not sure Butler qualifies for the top three anymore. 

I'd like to see what he does when he's back at his nickel spot.  He's never been a very good number two corner.  Just like Toler isn't a very good number one corner.  I've always thought the Colts have had a very good one, two and three corner but they were never going to be more than what they are. 

I'd like to see what he does when he's back at his nickel spot.  He's never been a very good number two corner.  Just like Toler isn't a very good number one corner.  I've always thought the Colts have had a very good one, two and three corner but they were never going to be more than what they are. 

He hasn't been good in the slot this year. He's been battling an injury, so let's just say he's not 100%. We'll see what he looks like after the bye.

With only 4 days rest after a 4.7 quarter game rest is the order of the day. So as said before, there is no reason to panic until the injury report comes out tomorrow afternoon.

90% of what we worry about never comes to pass so lets take a breath and the loot the town tomorrow if those players cant play in Houston

Eh...instead of looting, how bout we just drag Grigs and company out of their 56th street office

I'm glad Toler is back. Hopefully now we can get back to doing what we do!

Let's get that blitz going.  I'm also looking to see more of Sio this week.  With

Bjoern Werner hurt I'm thinking Sio is versatile enough to play the Sam.  I know

Sio plays mostly ILB, but he played a lot on the edges in Oakland too.  If we do

things that way Werner may not see the field again.

People kind of scoffed, but I still kind of wish we would have signed Cary Williams and put him in the Nickel spot. He's way more versatile than Butler.  He can play inside and outside and I like his competitive fire.  He did a prettygood job on Megatron last night for Seattle.

I would have been fine with him or Buster Skrine.  Butler is still serviceable but I maintain he is on the down trend.

I have noticed this since last year but the most detrimental thing to our defense has been when we are without one of our starting corners whether it is vontae or toler...Hence why we drafted d'joun smith. I haven't seen much of him, but does he seem to be a corner that can play physical at the line of scrimmage or more of a butler type slot db? 

when we are without are starters we cannot play press man coverage which is when we are at our best. i'm excited to see toler return because i think our defense will now be more statically comparable to last year and maybe better given that our run defense seems improved. Our ability to get to the quarterback will improve because toler/vontae can usually take away a lot of the shorter routes that we have been giving up in the past weeks and let us blitz more. Our defense has always been able to stop in crucial times but look for our defense to be much improved in the upcoming weeks if toler can stay healthy.