Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills vs Pats

RockThatBlue

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Guys- I haven't been here since deflategate broke, later having won a SB. Are you guys getting ready for October 18? I predict the Patriots will be coming in there 4-0 and they have a few things they'd like to get off their chests. The balls will be regulation PSI (although you guys faired better when they were under the limit in the 1st half of the AFCCG, but we won't relive that). I honestly think there is no game Brady and the Patriots will want to win more this year, outside of SB50. I predict that game to be a bloodbath.

Any thoughts on Oct. 18?

Hello Guys- I haven't been here since deflategate broke, later having won a SB. Are you guys getting ready for October 18? I predict the Patriots will be coming in there 4-0 and they have a few things they'd like to get off their chests. The balls will be regulation PSI (although you guys faired better when they were under the limit in the 1st half of the AFCCG, but we won't relive that). I honestly think there is no game Brady and the Patriots will want to win more this year, outside of SB50. I predict that game to be a bloodbath.

Any thoughts on Oct. 18?

If the Colts give up less than 45 points, consider it a successful night.

Any thoughts on Oct. 18?

The whole thing about some people bringing up the point that the Patriots did much better when the balls were at legal regulation really isn't a strong point IMO.  The Patriots jumped out to a 14-0 lead and had a cushion early so that allowed them to play their type of ball from the 1st Qtr and on when the balls were illegal. Colts having to play catch up really put them behind the 8Ball at that point and in a bad situation. I give the Colts credit for keeping it somewhat close actually only being down 17-7 at half but because they had to play from behind Andrew was forcing and making more bad plays than usual. Brady and the Pats could play loose having a 10 point lead and then once it got to 17 it was over. The Patriots would've won anyway regardless IMO because they just simply had the better team but falling 14 points down early didn't help matters. Regarding the game on the 18th. I really don't know what to expect at this point. I need to see how the Colts are playing over the next few weeks. Especially their ability to run the ball and stop the run.

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water NE scores 43 points against a team that kept the doors closed on the Colts. It was said the colts throw the ball out on long while the Pats throw it narrow and short. 466 yard passing for Brady the most ever in one game against the Bills. 14 penalties for the Bills and 11 for the Pats. It is painful to know what the Colts have to face and do to beat the Pats to the trophy game this year and a big show against an aggressive Jets team will be welcome. 

Just when you thought it was safe to go in the water NE scores 43 points against a team that kept the doors closed on the Colts. It was said the colts throw the ball out on long while the Pats throw it narrow and short. 466 yard passing for Brady the most ever in one game against the Bills. 14 penalties for the Bills and 11 for the Pats. It is painful to know what the Colts have to face and do to beat the Pats to the trophy game this year and a big show against an aggressive Jets team will be welcome. 

Yeah it's going to be tough. Patriots are a great team. It's a long season though so lets just see how it plays out. A lot of what happens will come down to who's healthy and who has HFA.

Any thoughts on Oct. 18?

Any thoughts...???  Seriously.

Yeah, here's my thoughts:

There is no game the COLTS will want to win more this year.

and...

I predict the Forum will crash.

This was a historic game for Brady:

ESPN Stats & InfoVerified account @ESPNStatsInfo 3h3 hours ago

Tom Brady is 1st player in NFL history to have all of these in a game: - Throw for 450 yards - 3 TD passes - 0 Int - 55 attempts

I would think this would be more interesting on the Planet Forum than the Colts Forum. :dunno:   I for one could care less about Brady's historic game.  JMO of course. :pokerface:

I would think this would be more interesting on the Planet Forum than the Colts Forum. :dunno:   I for one could care less about Brady's historic game.  JMO of course. :pokerface:

As AM mentioned this is a thread dedicated to the game between the bills/pats and all that occurred during that game.  So not sure why records set are not relevant to this conversation.  And yes there are some of us that are interesting in reading such topics, just as others may be interested in records set by other players in game threads, that perhaps, I may not be overly interested in reading like "JJ Watt just set a record for most 3 sack games" or something along those lines. 

Perhaps its not something one would want to start a new thread for, but it is certain open for a comment in a game day thread.

And sometimes not all records are cited, such as Brady set a record yesterday for most yards thrown against the Bills in their franchise history.

As AM mentioned this is a thread dedicated to the game between the bills/pats and all that occurred during that game.  So not sure why records set are not relevant to this conversation.  And yes there are some of us that are interesting in reading such topics, just as others may be interested in records set by other players in game threads, that perhaps, I may not be overly interested in reading like "JJ Watt just set a record for most 3 sack games" or something along those lines. 

Perhaps its not something one would want to start a new thread for, but it is certain open for a comment in a game day thread.

And sometimes not all records are cited, such as Brady set a record yesterday for most yards thrown against the Bills in their franchise history.

Yes, of course it pertained to this game,  and this gameday thread.

I believe Susie's comment is due to overzealous attempts by am to always share Everything Brady.  You have to admit, it is a bit much at times.

In any event,  it was a great accomplishment for Tom, but you have to excuse and accept the fact that Colts fans aren't going to jump for joy, and as Susie said, could probably care less.   :dunno:   Just  my two cents.

Yes, of course it pertained to this game,  and this gameday thread.

I believe Susie's comment is due to overzealous attempts by am to always share Everything Brady.  You have to admit, it is a bit much at times.

In any event,  it was a great accomplishment for Tom, but you have to excuse and accept the fact that Colts fans aren't going to jump for joy, and as Susie said, could probably care less.   :dunno:   Just  my two cents.

Gramz, I understand where you and Susie are coming from and yes AM can have her Brady fan hood shine through a few times and she has posted a thread or two in that direction.  And is why I mentioned that the comment is not worthy of is own thread and perhaps a comment in a game day thread.

So yes I understand that some may think that certain comments/threads might be something best served for other boards (home team boards) but what makes this site special for me is that you all allow us out of town fans to feel free to act and comment as they wish and frankly feel at home, which we are all thankful.  :cheer: .   Not many other forums are so open or do not seem as open.

I do enjoy finding certain facts that I might otherwise not find elsewhere and at times find them here on your boards.  

The Pats are definitely fumbling more though. Two fumbles this game alone -- one from Tom Brady. Very uncharacteristic of them. There is still something to be said about ball deflation in regards to that, even if it's not being reflected in their passing numbers.

Certainly the pats fumbles this year will be something interesting to look at, but lets see how the season plays out and who/when/why the fumbles occur.

To date we have three fumbles.  One is a strip sack on Brady which has no relation to the condition of the ball and the other two fumbles are by a guy who was not even on the team last year.   So as it stands now, other than Brady's strip sack, no player who was on the pats last year has fumbled the ball.  

Tom Brady, 56 pass attempts. You don't think the Pats were trying to say something about their passing game?

Edit: 57 passes, and they're still up by a TD. They aren't running it because they're upset, period.

The pats game plans are more often than not effected by who they play and more specifically to how they think they can be effective.  Sometimes that is with throwing the ball a lot and not try to run the ball when they think the latter will not be successful.  They did the same thing in the game against Baltimore and Seattle in the playoffs, threw instead of running the ball.  Then they do the opposite with Indy as they feel they can better run the ball than pass.

Any thoughts on Oct. 18?

Oh thank goodness you've returned. We have all missed you. :nose:

The pats game plans are more often than not effected by who they play and more specifically to how they think they can be effective.  Sometimes that is with throwing the ball a lot and not try to run the ball when they think the latter will not be successful.  They did the same thing in the game against Baltimore and Seattle in the playoffs, threw instead of running the ball.  Then they do the opposite with Indy as they feel they can better run the ball than pass.

Yeah, that was the plan to throw. They knew they were not going to be able to run against that front. Also, what I found interesting is Rex played a lot of coverage because of the multiple looks from the Pats. And still our Oline kept their front four off of Brady which was the biggest key to the game IMO. It is not like Brady was just dropping back and throwing the ball short like he did often in the SB. He was holding it and going down field a lot. That was the most satisfying part of the game for me - the Oline. I also think Rex never gave his team a chance. You really can't just let Brady sit back there and pick you are a part but I suppose that is better than brining pressure and having him hit the big plays.

Lets see it on video! :) I know that the Patriots hate both teams so I bet they wish tonights game would end in a tie of 0-0.

Yeah, I read a few posts stating that Pats fans are rooting for the Jets tonight. That speaks volumes. Who roots for a Division rival?

Lets see it on video! :) I know that the Patriots hate both teams so I bet they wish tonights game would end in a tie of 0-0.

I am rooting for the Jets as I think they are the worse team of the two and the Pats will handle them in the division. Would rather see Indy down 0-2 as they are more of a legit contender for the Pats so better to be up 2 on them this early IMO.

Calling the Jets some huge rival of the Pats is a bit of a stretch.  Pats are 7-1 (the one loss being an OT game) since 2011.  And now that Rex is in Buffalo, it's cooled off a bit.  Denver, yes.  Baltimore, yes.  Heck even the Colts.  Jets?  Naa.

Let me ask you guys this, if Tennessee was playing New England - who'd you root for?  Knowing full well that the Colts usually handle the Titans fine.

Colts and Pats are the best rivalry in Football. It has been 1 sided in the Luck era but we are just 4 games in. I would say since their first AFCCG in the 2003 Season this rivalry has had everything + the Colts have beat them in an AFCCG(2006 Season). Luck just needs to get him a W against them for Pats fans to take us more seriously. I don't see how Pats fans can even consider the Jets or Bills or Dolphins as a rival as the Pats have owned all of those teams for nearly 15 seasons. That would be about like us considering the Texans a rival. Colts are 22-4 lifetime against the Texans and Luck is 5-1.

The whole thing about some people bringing up the point that the Patriots did much better when the balls were at legal regulation really isn't a strong point IMO.  The Patriots jumped out to a 14-0 lead and had a cushion early so that allowed them to play their type of ball from the 1st Qtr and on when the balls were illegal.

Brady has a 72% completion rate in the 3.5 games since halftime of the AFCCG...over 1200 yards and 13 TD's. He seems to not be too phased with the new emphasis on air pressure.

Yes, that makes more sense.

I have no idea why any Patriots fan would root for Jets tonight. You would only root for Jets if you don't really understand football too much, and just heard there is some "hype" surrounding Colts/Patriots as of late.

as a Pats I think the Colts have a better chance of contending for a home field and playoff bye's over the Jets. I'm not worried about the Jets battling us for playoff seeding. therefore I would like to see the Colts lose

I do want to add something about the fumbles.  So far there have been 4.  One on a strip sack from the blind side, and 3 by Dion Lewis.  Ask any Patriot fan in here and I bet they would all tell you how surprised they were to see Lewis still get the ball after his first fumble yesterday (his second in two games).  Belichick has zero tolerance for fumblers.  It really has nothing to do with underinflated footballs, it's a strict team policy.

Lewis has some good moves, good hands and seems to be competent at pass protection which definitely makes him valuable, however I can't imagine that any more fumbles will be tolerated.  It also might be the reason (with the injuries) that he's on his 4th team in 5 seasons.

I do want to add something about the fumbles. So far there have been 4. One on a strip sack from the blind side, and 3 by Dion Lewis. Ask any Patriot fan in here and I bet they would all tell you how surprised they were to see Lewis still get the ball after his first fumble yesterday (his second in two games). Belichick has zero tolerance for fumblers. It really has nothing to do with underinflated footballs, it's a strict team policy.

Lewis has some good moves, good hands and seems to be competent at pass protection which definitely makes him valuable, however I can't imagine that any more fumbles will be tolerated. It also might be the reason (with the injuries) that he's on his 4th team in 5 seasons.

Yeah, this will be a topic of discussion every time there's a Pats fumble.

I do want to add something about the fumbles.  So far there have been 4.  One on a strip sack from the blind side, and 3 by Dion Lewis.  Ask any Patriot fan in here and I bet they would all tell you how surprised they were to see Lewis still get the ball after his first fumble yesterday (his second in two games).  Belichick has zero tolerance for fumblers.  It really has nothing to do with underinflated footballs, it's a strict team policy.

Lewis has some good moves, good hands and seems to be competent at pass protection which definitely makes him valuable, however I can't imagine that any more fumbles will be tolerated.  It also might be the reason (with the injuries) that he's on his 4th team in 5 seasons.

The Patriots lost 10 fumbles last year. They don't keep stats on how many fumbles they recovered themselves. My guess is that they probably put it on the ground 18-20 times last year. People will of course want to make a big deal of this number (even though the original "research" on this has been soundly debunked), however it will by definition be an apples to oranges comparison. As you noted, so far this year, the ball has been put on the ground 4 times in 2 games...3 of those came from one guy who wasn't on the team last year. Logical people would come to the conclusion that this particular guy has fumbling issues. But I'm sure that's not how it will be spun.

Even though it's been proven that the Patriots fumble more at home than in the road.

I believe they fumbled 3 times yesterday on the road, and once last week at home.   

Honestly,  I really don't care to discuss this with you... I was simply making a statement that, like it or not,  it WILL be discussed this year, Every time they fumble. 

Play Ball   :huthut:

I just watched this game for a 2nd time on my DVR. Relax, I'm taping Colts vs Jets right now so I can fast forward thru commercials so I'm not really missing anything. 

Why wasn't Tyrod Taylor's sack in the end zone by NE a safety? It should have been near the end of the 1st QTR? It should have been IMO. How can Buffalo's defense/secondary allow TE Gronk a free release off the line of scrimmage in the 2nd QTR with that TD? Darn, Gronk is good. 

Collins, Hightower, Jones, & Buter were balling all game long man. Wow! That defense & secondary looks in midseason form. Julian Edelman is so dangerous as a runner with the football too. He got like 12 yards on a run man. He can do everything: Catch passes, return kicks, block, & making sure there aren't too many men on the field. I really respect Edelman. He's smart, fast, relentless, & tough as nails. The Patriots are extremely dangerous as a squad especially with Deion Lewis at RB & that 4th QTR catch by Danny Amendola was incredible! I've never seen anything like that play. I still have no idea how Danny pulled that ball in for a completion. 

I was impressed with Taylor too sacked like 5 times & he still threw that TD to Jackson that put the score within only a 5 point hole, but all those dumb taunting penalties just destroyed their momentum on drives. You can't give Brady free yards. He will crucify you as a team & make you pay dearly. And no selling air pump toys at Ralph Wilson Stadium. That move was so stupid. You never antagonize Tommy or Bill ever man. When INDY plays NE, I promise you I will be nothing but humble, kind, & complementary toward your top notch organization.

That Bills safety Rambo is fun to watch. I love how he hits. I'm glad Aaron Williams is okay too. Thank goodness.  

Great game all the way around & I swear to my NE friends on here that I will always respect your club & give them props. It was strange to see NE run into the kicker on Special Teams though. Not a big deal. I'm just stunned when a team so well coached has a mental mistake like that since it so rare to see from a Bill Belichick lead team. 

Butler's really come into his own after the SB interception. Seeing Malcolm dig that Taylor pick almost off the ground was amazing. Butler believes like he belongs in the NFL now with swag & confidence & that's cool to see even as an AFC rival man. I like that kid. 

Buffalo had no answer for Collins or Jones almost all game long either. Please Chuck Pagano know where those 2 men are all game when we face them or it will be a long day for Luck & Gore. They are game wreckers man. Yikes! LOL! 

The strange thing about Buffalo yesterday was that their 1st offensive drive was really methodical & almost surgical in terms of precision & then the Bills kept shooting themselves in the foot with boneheaded penalties & stuffed runs until the 2nd half. NE knows how to stay the course & keep their composure. Something the Bills haven't learned yet. They get getting self inflicted wounds of their own making which erased nice LeSean McCoy runs. 

I just don't like seeing football players smack talk to a proven franchise like NE when they have really done nothing to brag about win wise. Look, I want Bills fans to get a Wildcard spot this year since that fan base has been without hope for so long but you don't gain respect by poking the bear i.e. leader of that division Patriots. You shut up, put your nose to the grindstone for 4 QTRs, don't hurt yourself with penalties, & don't give the grey hoodie bulletin board material man.

INDY has no right to smack talk NE either TBH with you until we prove we can hang with Foxboro meaning either win or lose by only 7-10 points. If we get crushed by NE in the Playoffs again, I want Pagano gone ASAP. I don't keep coaches around who can handle our arch rival. I want a Lombardi trophy in this decade & I don't keep dudes who can't get the job done. JMO.  

The tough thing for me is do we keep GM Ryan Grigson or not? It's no secret that I don't like his cryptic press conferences & that he can't draft quality defensive players at all. But, I'm willing to give Grigs some more time yet because he's a scout at heart. At the end of the day, with the money Irsay spent this season, the Colts better be able to run the ball & at least get Luck additional touches courtesy of our defense in November at a minimum. 

The strange thing about Buffalo yesterday was that their 1st offensive drive was really methodical & almost surgical in terms of precision & then the Bills kept shooting themselves in the foot with boneheaded penalties & stuffed runs until the 2nd half. NE knows how to stay the course & keep their composure. Something the Bills haven't learned yet. They get getting self inflicted wounds of their own making which erased nice LeSean McCoy runs. 

I just don't like seeing football players smack talk to a proven franchise like NE when they have really done nothing to brag about win wise. Look, I want Bills fans to get a Wildcard spot this year since that fan base has been without hope for so long but you don't gain respect by poking the bear i.e. leader of that division Patriots. You shut up, put your nose to the grindstone for 4 QTRs, don't hurt yourself with penalties, & don't give the grey hoodie bulletin board material man.

INDY has no right to smack talk NE either TBH with you until we prove we can hang with Foxboro meaning either win or lose by only 7-10 points. If we get crushed by NE in the Playoffs again, I want Pagano gone ASAP. I don't keep coaches around who can handle our arch rival. I want a Lombardi trophy in this decade & I don't keep dudes who can't get the job done. JMO.  

The tough thing for me is do we keep GM Ryan Grigson or not? It's no secret that I don't like his cryptic press conferences & that he can't draft quality defensive players at all. But, I'm willing to give Grigs some more time yet because he's a scout at heart. At the end of the day, with the money Irsay spent this season, the Colts better be able to run the ball & at least get Luck additional touches courtesy of our defense in November at a minimum. 

Watching Bruce Arians AZ Cardinals this year play possessed football & push the ball down the field consistently makes me wonder...Did we back the wrong HC horse in INDY? Sigh...Bruce is always aggressive & I respect that push the envelope mentality. I truly do. I know; I know hindsight is always 20/20. I just don't want all this talent on our roster to not reach it's full potential. I like coaches who throw caution to the wind & say pedal to the metal. No guts no glory baby occasionally. Chuck has never shown me that killer drive to win like Bruce did when he was on the Colts staff. 

I'm always fascinated how Bill as NE's GM & coach can change the roster every year & still pop off 10-12 wins like chewing gum. His only failures roster wise were Chad Johnson & Tim Tebow & Bill only brought Tim in as a favor for Josh McDaniels whom he drafted in Denver. I don't know how Bill makes relative unknowns stars: Deion Lewis,  BenJarvus Green-Ellis, Jonas Gray, he resurrected Corey Dillion's career & won him SB rings, Danny Woodhead, & David Andrews at center who is playing very solid as a rookie. And let's not forget Matt Cassel who won 10 games in 2008 after Brady sustained a knee injury vs INDY who crumbled after Peyton Manning needed 4 neck surgeries in 2011. 

I don't complain; I just laugh & say there Bill goes again. DT Malcolm Brown in round one of the 2015 draft. Nice pick. Did Bill sell his soul to the devil? I kid; I kid. Bill's got skills man. I'm not even jealous anymore. It's like a best friend who's always better with strategy & the ladies than you are. Don't fight it or display hate about it just accept it as the way things are & move on.  haha

Oh yeah, he loses Talib & gains Reevis Island & a 4th ring. Smooth man smooth...

Actually, Matt Cassel went 11-5 in 2008 if I remember correctly. Sorry about the typo earlier my bad. Last, but not least backup QB Jimmy G. looks like he could start on 25 other rosters right now if called upon.

I yield; I yield. Pete Carroll is your closest nemesis coaching wise & this year the Hawks look dysfunctional, disoriented, & off their game. Okay, Mike McCarthy & Aaron Rogers give your club fits but that's about it right now anyway. 

Off topic: Just skimmed over the Colts game. 5 turnovers, a number of Gore runs called back due to penalties, Reevis Island as deadly as ever, Vontae Davis concussion, LB Jackson on the turf, AV misses a FG...

We look awful...Grrr! Langford & Anderson were solid & the Moncrief TD was nice...The Colts are not ready for Prime Time at all...We keep playing like this & we won't make the Playoffs at all...20-7 Jets felt like 40-3. 

If INDY can't generate more than 7 points, it's gonna be a l-o-n-g season. I love my Colts but we look inept at offense right now. "Playoffs? Playoffs? I just wanna win a darn game." --Jim Mora Sr.  haha

There were times when we could buy a 1st down tonight like John Gruden so eloquently stated. I could use the fact that both Todd Bowles & Rex Ryan are smart defensive guys but I won't since this is what all teams see in the post season: Elite secondary play & tough defensive fronts. Maybe INDY needs to miss the playoffs to force Jim Irsay to tighten some bolts & stop ignoring the obvious: We can't run the ball & Luck had no choice but to throw the ball just to keep the Colts in the darn game. 

Brady has a nice pocket & so did Romo until he got hurt. Yes, our o-line got upgraded, but it's not good enough to get where we need to go. Start drafting o-line elephants up front Grigs because Luck won't survive all the hits & our backs are not reaching the 2nd level often enough. Until we do this, INDY won't win any more championships. It's the truth man.