Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills vs Pats

RockThatBlue

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Outside of sticking to the run, I believe our offense would run much smoother if we got the ball to Coby & Dwayne more often. Both are pro bowl caliber TEs & I find it hard to believe that any team in football has an answer for both of them. Getting them more involved would open things up more for T.Y. which would help out Dre, Donte, & Phillip as well. It's not an accident why NEs offense is a well oiled machine. It's because they have that cyborg at TE known as Gronk & they get him the ball on the regular & when he's out, it's been proven that Brady & the rest of the offense suffers tremendously. It's not an accident why Peyton & Brees' production have slipped a bit, it's because they no longer have Julius & Jimmy to not only control the middle of the field, but to move them all around & get favorable matchups.

As for this game, regardless of the outcome, I believe Buffalo ain't a fluke & they will challenge for a playoff spot. They got a lot of heart. 

The Pats are definitely fumbling more though. Two fumbles this game alone -- one from Tom Brady. Very uncharacteristic of them. There is still something to be said about ball deflation in regards to that, even if it's not being reflected in their passing numbers.

Probably shouldn't go there on that subject some fans and we all know who I'm talking about might complain. :hide::peek:

Tom Brady, 56 pass attempts. You don't think the Pats were trying to say something about their passing game?

Edit: 57 passes, and they're still up by a TD. They aren't running it because they're upset, period.

They were passing because running against the Bills D was not going to work. Also they wanted to bury the Bills quick because they respect their offense enough along with that D. Playing it close to the vest with this Bill's team is not smart strategy for NE.

Other teams it may be.............

Nice comeback by Buffalo but a little late. Texans lost and so did the Titans so all is good in our Division. Pats gave up 32 Points against an Average Offense, interesting.

yes laying back with a big lead will do that..funny how that works :)

That win was absolutely delicious!  Love the smack down Brady put all over that Bills D all game. And the Pats D was monstrous with the sacks and picks BUT need to finish better for sure. Too much prevent from D and not enough running from O either up 18 late.

Two things really stood out - this Bills team looked exactly like the Jets teams Rex coached - undisciplined, hot headed, stupid plays and penalties. They are a reflection of their coach. I like Rex a lot because he is the ying to Bill's yang but he is a very overrated too IMO in terms of having his team ready to play disciplined football. Also, how on earth can you miss 3 extra points? There was no reason to go for 2 when it was 37-19. Kick the point and make it 20 and you are down 17. Instead they miss, are down 18 and then miss another extra point after their next score. I guess this belongs on the thread about head scratching coaching .... wow.

That win was absolutely delicious!  Love the smack down Brady put all over that Bills D all game. And the Pats D was monstrous with the sacks and picks BUT need to finish better for sure. Too much prevent from D and not enough running from O either up 18 late.

Two things really stood out - this Bills team looked exactly like the Jets teams Rex coached - undisciplined, hot headed, stupid plays and penalties. They are a reflection of their coach. I like Rex a lot because he is the ying to Bill's yang but he is a very overrated too IMO in terms of having his team ready to play disciplined football. Also, how on earth can you miss 3 extra points? There was no reason to go for 2 when it was 37-19. Kick the point and make it 20 and you are down 17. Instead they miss, are down 18 and then miss another extra point after their next score. I guess this belongs on the thread about head scratching coaching .... wow.

Great win for you guys. Congrats. I wasn't sure what to expect from this game. I kind o figured the Pats would win but Buffalo is much better than last season. I bet you were a little nervous once it got 37-32 though.

Great win for you guys. Congrats. I wasn't sure what to expect from this game. I kind o figured the Pats would win but Buffalo is much better than last season. I bet you were a little nervous once it got 37-32 though.

Yeah, I was surprised by how well the Pats Oline played. I thought they would be solid but was not expecting Tom to just shred them all day either. I was happy with the defense and its ability to contain Taylor and also contain the run. It is a shame that they played such a poor fourth when they were up big but divisional games can be like that sometimes. I do think the Bills will be tough all year but I have to think other teams will copy the Pats defensive game plan vs Taylor. They made him look like a guy with only one career start ...

Yeah, I was surprised by how well the Pats Oline played. I thought they would be solid but was not expecting Tom to just shred them all day either. I was happy with the defense and its ability to contain Taylor and also contain the run. It is a shame that they played such a poor fourth when they were up big but divisional games can be like that sometimes. I do think the Bills will be tough all year but I have to think other teams will copy the Pats defensive game plan vs Taylor. They made him look like a guy with only one career start ...

You're surprised on how well the Pats OL has played? Have you been asleep the past 10 years? The same OL that gives Brady 3 decades to throw the ball every game?

I expected this. Don't know where Bills fans get this confidence against the Patriots every year, when every year we get the same result. Until proven otherwise, I don't expect the Bills to beat the Patriots anytime soon. Give it another decade, perhaps?

You're surprised on how well the Pats OL has played? Have you been asleep the past 10 years? The same OL that gives Brady 3 decades to throw the ball every game?

I expected this. Don't know where Bills fans get this confidence against the Patriots every year, when every year we get the same result. Until proven otherwise, I don't expect the Bills to beat the Patriots anytime soon. Give it another decade, perhaps?

They have 3 rookies on the line so yeah very nervous against your monster front. :)  But they were the key to the game with how many times Brady dropped back.

I think the Bills are going to be fine this year. Taylor will progress but Rex has to coach better. That was a terrible game from him all around.

They have 3 rookies on the line so yeah very nervous against your monster front. :)  But they were the key to the game with how many times Brady dropped back.

I think the Bills are going to be fine this year. Taylor will progress but Rex has to coach better. That was a terrible game from him all around.

Don't get nervous about the Bills. Seriously. They always disappear for Patriots games.

One positive note: We got one of our 2 expected blowouts out of the way early. Unfortunately, the other blowout will be on Monday Night in front of a national audience.

Don't get nervous about the Bills. Seriously. They always disappear for Patriots games.

One positive note: We got one of our 2 expected blowouts out of the way early. Unfortunately, the other blowout will be on Monday Night in front of a national audience.

Was very sorry to see your DB get carted off. Any word on him? They said neck injury.

I have a big problem with the refs letting Brady stand in on the refs consulting each other on that one penalty.

They don't let anyone else do that.

You must have not watched Manning much with the colts. Most vet QBs do. maybe not so much the rookies.