Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Bills vs Pats

RockThatBlue

You wanna the worst thing about that Colts loss to the Jets on MNF was? How quiet the audience got inside Lucas Oil Stadium was by the middle of the 2nd QTR...It was like a funeral man. I've had offnight's before & I was pumped up to see Robert Mathis return to the field, but INDY's 1st 2 weeks of the regular season are not pretty at all.

Look, I know our guys gave it their all tonight & I appreciate that but we barely moved the ball tonight without the Jets giving us a pass interference call for 15 yards & a roughing the passer flag for arms & hands around Luck's helmet.  We have Johnson, Dorsett, Hilton & we struggle moving the ball downfield. Really? Erik Walden had a good shot at an interception too & he dropped the ball. That Gore fumble on your own endzone made me lose it man. I cursed for like 3 minutes straight & screamed into a pillow. You can't turn the ball over just when your about to score. I have zero & I mean zero tolerance for that. I love Frank but it's a good thing I wasn't in the locker room because I'd bit my tongue until it bleed red. No, I'm not kidding either. 

If we can't hang with the Bills & the Jets, 2 teams in the AFC East that NE normally obliterates, the Patriots are gonna skin the Colts alive. It's gonna be a bloodbath. I can't even recognize us anymore at least on offense. We are just darn lucky we play in the AFC South man. If Marcus Mariotta beats us, our season is in complete disarray & Pagano's days are numbered. 

I'm usually calm, but INDY looks ineffective, bewildered, & unsure of how to put 1st downs together without killing drives on holding calls etc. etc. If by some miracle we get to the Playoffs, we will get eliminated in round 1 if we can't implement a reliable ground game. I can't even recognize the blue horse shoe right now. 

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep on trucking; Keep working. Try & get a break through--Andrew Luck

I admire that Andrew keeps fighting, admits that multiple turnovers can't happen, & just reboots. It's all you can do or say right now. Skip Bayless will have a field day with Luck's turnovers tomorrow on ESPN's "1st Take."

Keep on trucking you say Andrew. This is all SW1 has got right now Chewbacca...A Burt Reynolds joke of sorts...I need to laugh to preserve my own sanity at the moment...

If NE had Kansas City last season to gather it's intestinal fortitude & courage, than Gang Green is INDY's moment to sink or swim I guess. Nothing to lose now. I can't sink any lower. It's do or die starting now...

Alright, I've vented about my Colts long enough or licked my wounds anyway. My apologies to my NE friends for going on a minor detour. I needed to blow off some steam. Thank you. I will hang with my Colts & my Giants no matter what hades or high water. I'm not going anywhere. I'm fiercely loyal to the teams I follow year in; year out. 

Don't take pity on us NE. We'll get thru this impasse eventually. If you beat us fair & square, I will give your squad the credit you deserve. Your wins vs Pittsburgh & Buffalo are impressive. INDY on the other hand must dig deep, stay together, & just claw & scratch for a single win. Forget the division just try & get 1 victory. Think small not big. Whatever happens either way it will force our organization to ask & answer some hard questions. Maybe this is good just to see what Pagano's staff is made of for 14 more weeks in the regular season. 

I'll give Chuck time to right the ship but we cannot unravel against the Patriots or it's over...the fat lady will have sung her final song in the Pagano regime. The best teams are almost always NE, Baltimore, Denver, GB, Atlanta this year, AZ this year, Pittsburgh, & INDY if we hunker down & practice better alignment & assignment gap control on our offensive line. 

If we miss the post season, a major coaching change cannot be avoided. Facts are facts. The Patriots put up 40 points on Buffalo & INDY can only generate 14. Sigh...Totally unacceptable to me. 

I will watch the Bills & Jets games tomorrow night just to see if I can spot anything positive in those games like wow, Andrew can take a licking & keep on ticking. Is it like 24 suicide watch for new inmates at a federal penitentiary? When Luck lunged backward to get that 1st down, I was like sweet jesus man please don't get hurt. Momma said there'd be days like this not weeks though. It's not the kind of trend I'm shooting for personally. LOL! Only 1 way to go now, straight up. 

Gruden did say that the Colts looked better than week 1, which sounded good but it didn't mean much. It's like saying a pick pocket robbed you blind, but she was hot to trot man. Getting schooled is getting schooled. The intelligence of your adversary provides the loser little comfort in the end. We have a ton of work to do & we must lay low & handle our own business internally. No excuses. INDY sucked tonight. "We don't live in the land of make believe" to quote Steelers HC Mike Tomlin. It is what it is. 

You wanna the worst thing about that Colts loss to the Jets on MNF was? How quiet the audience got inside Lucas Oil Stadium was by the middle of the 2nd QTR...It was like a funeral man. I've had offnight's before & I was pumped up to see Robert Mathis return to the field, but INDY's 1st 2 weeks of the regular season are not pretty at all.

Look, I know our guys gave it their all tonight & I appreciate that but we barely moved the ball tonight without the Jets giving us a pass interference call for 15 yards & a roughing the passer flag for arms & hands around Luck's helmet.  We have Johnson, Dorsett, Hilton & we struggle moving the ball downfield. Really? Erik Walden had a good shot at an interception too & he dropped the ball. That Gore fumble on your own endzone made me lose it man. I cursed for like 3 minutes straight & screamed into a pillow. You can't turn the ball over just when your about to score. I have zero & I mean zero tolerance for that. I love Frank but it's a good thing I wasn't in the locker room because I'd bit my tongue until it bleed red. No, I'm not kidding either. 

If we can't hang with the Bills & the Jets, 2 teams in the AFC East that NE normally obliterates, the Patriots are gonna skin the Colts alive. It's gonna be a bloodbath. I can't even recognize us anymore at least on offense. We are just darn lucky we play in the AFC South man. If Marcus Mariotta beats us, our season is in complete disarray & Pagano's days are numbered. 

I'm usually calm, but INDY looks ineffective, bewildered, & unsure of how to put 1st downs together without killing drives on holding calls etc. etc. If by some miracle we get to the Playoffs, we will get eliminated in round 1 if we can't implement a reliable ground game. I can't even recognize the blue horse shoe right now. 

I only watched the first half and the crowd was really quiet. Your O is really struggling. No rhythm at all. Luck does not seem like himself either. What do you think it is? Coaching?

Alright, I've vented about my Colts long enough or licked my wounds anyway. My apologies to my NE friends for going on a minor detour. I needed to blow off some steam. Thank you. I will hang with my Colts & my Giants no matter what hades or high water. I'm not going anywhere. I'm fiercely loyal to the teams I follow year in; year out. 

Don't take pity on us NE. We'll get thru this impasse eventually. If you beat us fair & square, I will give your squad the credit you deserve. Your wins vs Pittsburgh & Buffalo are impressive. INDY on the other hand must dig deep, stay together, & just claw & scratch for a single win. Forget the division just try & get 1 victory. Think small not big. Whatever happens either way it will force our organization to ask & answer some hard questions. Maybe this is good just to see what Pagano's staff is made of for 14 more weeks in the regular season. 

I'll give Chuck time to right the ship but we cannot unravel against the Patriots or it's over...the fat lady will have sung her final song in the Pagano regime. The best teams are almost always NE, Baltimore, Denver, GB, Atlanta this year, AZ this year, Pittsburgh, & INDY if we hunker down & practice better alignment & assignment gap control on our offensive line. 

If we miss the post season, a major coaching change cannot be avoided. Facts are facts. The Patriots put up 40 points on Buffalo & INDY can only generate 14. Sigh...Totally unacceptable to me. 

We're here for ya man! Don't forget last year you guys were 0-2 yet went on to win two playoff games. It's way too early. I worry that my team peaks too early and then peters out like 2007. Injuries are the great equalizer.

If Brady continues at this speed, he will have a serious look at Manning's 55 TD and yardage mark.

Brady is playing lights out right now, heck he even got Dobson involved in the game. (9 catches 92 yards on Sunday) The Pats D also played better than the score showed. They were dominating untill Patricia changed the formula back to prevent and it prevented nothing! lol....

The Colts will be fine, IMO 8 turnovers in 2 games is a bigreason for being 0-2 and not 1-1. (Bills game was UGLY). Do you think your HC will call quick short passes/screens etc to get Luck going and to try and prevent the INT (5 INT is ELI like!)

Brady is playing lights out right now, heck he even got Dobson involved in the game. (9 catches 92 yards on Sunday) The Pats D also played better than the score showed. They were dominating untill Patricia changed the formula back to prevent and it prevented nothing! lol....

The Colts will be fine, IMO 8 turnovers in 2 games is a bigreason for being 0-2 and not 1-1. (Bills game was UGLY). Do you think your HC will call quick short passes/screens etc to get Luck going and to try and prevent the INT (5 INT is ELI like!)

I for one believe Luck did ok. If Gore didn't fumble, it's a different ball game.

Our issue is OL and it's been forever. I never liked Grigson but the season is early. We shall see.

For patriots, best TE in the game, best slot receiver in the game, add that with an effective run game and yeah making Dobson relevant. That offense is methodical.

I for one believe Luck did ok. If Gore didn't fumble, it's a different ball game.

Our issue is OL and it's been forever. I never liked Grigson but the season is early. We shall see.

For patriots, best TE in the game, best slot receiver in the game, add that with an effective run game and yeah making Dobson relevant. That offense is methodical.

I so wanted the Colts to beat the Jets! and with O line issues wouldnt quick passes be the right call? dont ask them to block for long just 2 step drop and fire it quickly. As for Gore, I thought that was a big risk the colts signing him. He has a lot of miles on those legs already!

And ya the Pats O is methodical right now, and seems Brady makes whoever is in the slot the BEST slot receiver in the game.(Welker and now Edelman) and Lewis (starting RB in case you are like Rex and dont know his name lol) has been an AMAZING surprise threw 2 games. (Imagine he was out of football last year!)

I so wanted the Colts to beat the Jets! and with O line issues wouldnt quick passes be the right call? dont ask them to block for long just 2 step drop and fire it quickly. As for Gore, I thought that was a big risk the colts signing him. He has a lot of miles on those legs already!

And ya the Pats O is methodical right now, and seems Brady makes whoever is in the slot the BEST slot receiver in the game.(Welker and now Edelman) and Lewis (starting RB in case you are like Rex and dont know his name lol) has been an AMAZING surprise threw 2 games. (Imagine he was out of football last year!)

It was great seeing him get Dobson involved. We really need him to be a factor with LaFell out until week 7.

The Gore fumble, the Vinatieri missed chip shot...Colts clearly gave that game away. Revis is getting a lot of bouquets tossed his way, but he got beat a couple of times by Hilton and Moncrief...I didn't think he looked that great at all. I just don't understand why the Colts would spend the whole game having Luck take 7 step drops given the pressure the Jets front 3 was able to generate....you have to adjust to that at some point. Anyway, the Jets seem to be the new "team who might be able to take the Pats down in the east" now that Buffalo failed. I'm sure they'll defend them better, but it's hard to envision them putting up enough points to hang. They only scored 20 points after having had 5 turnovers...that's really kind of woeful when you think about it.

I agree on the quick passes !

The Gore fumble, the Vinatieri missed chip shot...Colts clearly gave that game away. Revis is getting a lot of bouquets tossed his way, but he got beat a couple of times by Hilton and Moncrief...I didn't think he looked that great at all. I just don't understand why the Colts would spend the whole game having Luck take 7 step drops given the pressure the Jets front 3 was able to generate....you have to adjust to that at some point. Anyway, the Jets seem to be the new "team who might be able to take the Pats down in the east" now that Buffalo failed. I'm sure they'll defend them better, but it's hard to envision them putting up enough points to hang. They only scored 20 points after having had 5 turnovers...that's really kind of woeful when you think about it.

I am not giving Jets credit yet. I want to see how they play NE.

NE is in mid season form. If you don't get to Brady, he will kill you all day.

I only watched the first half and the crowd was really quiet. Your O is really struggling. No rhythm at all. Luck does not seem like himself either. What do you think it is? Coaching?

Yes, our offensive line looks really bad against elite defenses, which I know both the Jets & the Bills have. However, I'm not going to use that as an excuse because the teams I respect admit when they played like crap, roll up their sleeves, & go to work. I really don't care that our CBs Davis & Butler were out either because our offensive line just got manhandled man like a possessed mother at a Black Friday Sale after Thanksgiving. I like RT Jack Mewhort & LT Anthony Costonzo but not much else. Look, I know what a stud Nick Mangold is at center & I realize NY also has studs in the secondary too so I knew it was going be tough sledding. I didn't expect to win either game 1 or 2 of the regular season, but INDY didn't even show up. 

It's coaching & a failure to make adjustments. The same problem we had under HC Jim Caldwell actually. Our o-line isn't generating running lanes & as a result we become 1 dimensional & end up throwing multiple picks. What scares me is this: We get wins against sub standard divisional woes like Tennessee & Jacksonville only to get our head handed to us on a silver platter when we face NE. I respect NE immensely & I don't mind losing to your franchise as long as INDY shows me that our club can at least make it a noteworthy dogfight. 

I remember both Pittsburgh & Dallas last season. God, those were humiliating loses. Great teams must be able to hang with anybody. I want fans to say "Yeah, we beat INDY, but man are they tough. They never threw in the towel & we had to earn every darn blade of grass we got too. A game for the ages man. 

I've heard reporters talk about a rift between Pagano & Grigson [HC & GM] but honestly, I'm troubled that we as a squad look unsure of what we are doing on the field against high caliber teams & that's all about preparation or the lack of it. I have a feeling this is Chuck Pagano's last season here. 

We're here for ya man! Don't forget last year you guys were 0-2 yet went on to win two playoff games. It's way too early. I worry that my team peaks too early and then peters out like 2007. Injuries are the great equalizer.

Thanks FE. I appreciate your kind words of support. Since I watch movies a lot, I was thinking of a line from "Diehard 3." NY Detective John McClaine [bruce Willis] stops a kid on a bicycle stealing a candybar from a store & the kid shouts "Look around man. All the cops are at something. It's Christmas man! You could steal city hall!"

Translation: INDY's offense looks disjointed, disoriented, out of sync, & we can barely complete drives let alone score points. I'm not pointing fingers other than to say why do the Colts look so ill prepared to play the Bills or the Jets Chuck Pagano. You've had 3 years to fix our line & all you can say is Luck should be used to pressure by now? Are you freaking kidding me? I also remember you saying "I need to fix this line or somebody else will be fixing it" in my absence/departure. 

I look at Tom Brady & Carson Palmer. They have good lines why don't we? What's the holdup? Sigh...The one thing you can't just apply a band aid to [signing Todd Herremans] is an NFL offensive line. I always remember when Peyton Manning talked to Bill Polian for the first time prior to being drafted by the Colts. What did 18 grill our HOF GM about? The quality of our o-line & how vital that unit was to his future NFL success. 

I am not giving Jets credit yet. I want to see how they play NE.

NE is in mid season form. If you don't get to Brady, he will kill you all day.

Exactly right Shane. The Patriots are in midseason form brother. To me, if you wanna neutralize NE, stopping Julian Edelman is your only hope because he's Brady's security blanket whenever Brady feels flustered. 

I accept that Gronk will score TDs & crush my team, but the 1 thing you can't allow is Mr. "Death by a thousand paper cuts" [Edelman] to rip your team's heart & morale out. 

1 last thing: Just when I think WR Danny Amendola is a non factor, he ends up making a miraculous catch from either Tom or Julian. For awhile there, I thought Bill was phasing Danny out & then wham the lucky son of a gun makes the catch of the game. LOL! 

Just a horrible night of execution any way you slice it BM. With the kind of pressure Luck was getting Monday night, the amount of drop back steps on Andrew's throws wouldn't have mattered 1 bit because it was difficult to determine which rushers were actually coming & which ones stayed back in coverage from Luck's perspective.

Our entire problem is o-line penetration plain & simple. No running game holes & no ability to step up into a throw or climb inside the pocket for our QB. 

Our issue is OL and it's been forever. 

Touche. We always seem to struggle heavily in this area & I want to hire a HC that can actually fix or remedy this pronto please. Greg Roman perhaps or hire the NY Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty to revamp ours. 

Yeah I know, my Big Blue bias is showing. I'll admit it.  :P

Hands down !

Yep, even Reggie Wayne eluded to the elaborate nature of their playbook when he was briefly wearing #15 with the Patriots talking to Boston reporters at his Gillette Stadium locker. Foxboro coaching is on another level both in attention to detail, overall duties, & responsibilities mandating the ability to play more than 1 position well. 

Touche. We always seem to struggle heavily in this area & I want to hire a HC that can actually fix or remedy this pronto please. Greg Roman perhaps or hire the NY Giants offensive line coach Pat Flaherty to revamp ours.

Yeah I know, my Big Blue bias is showing. I'll admit it. :P

We both like Big Blue. I live here. How come you developed interest in them from WI coz your hatred of cowboys? :)

Yeah, that was the plan to throw. They knew they were not going to be able to run against that front. Also, what I found interesting is Rex played a lot of coverage because of the multiple looks from the Pats. And still our Oline kept their front four off of Brady which was the biggest key to the game IMO. It is not like Brady was just dropping back and throwing the ball short like he did often in the SB. He was holding it and going down field a lot. That was the most satisfying part of the game for me - the Oline. I also think Rex never gave his team a chance. You really can't just let Brady sit back there and pick you are a part but I suppose that is better than brining pressure and having him hit the big plays.

Yah Rex did not adjust and bring more players beyond the front many times, which was a mistake.  Even though the front four are all great players, if they are not getting pressure, one needs to mix it up and send in a few blitzers.   

Just a horrible night of execution any way you slice it BM. With the kind of pressure Luck was getting Monday night, the amount of drop back steps on Andrew's throws wouldn't have mattered 1 bit because it was difficult to determine which rushers were actually coming & which ones stayed back in coverage from Luck's perspective.

Our entire problem is o-line penetration plain & simple. No running game holes & no ability to step up into a throw or climb inside the pocket for our QB. 

You can neutralize a mismatch on the line of scrimmage like that by putting the QB in shotgun and getting the ball out quick. I will say this about the Jets (and this is why they will probably do a better job than the Bills at slowing the Pats offense down)...they have a secondary that can cover, more so than the Bills. The Bills are all about that front 4, same as Detroit was last year. But the Pats receivers were able to quickly shrug off the initial bump and get into their patterns, so Brady never had to hold the ball in either game. The Jets will cover some of that up and give their front a little bit better chance of getting home I'm guessing. Even with all that said, the Colts left at least 13 points on the field and probably more thanks to their sloppiness. I can't see the Jets holding the Pats under 20, and scoring over 20 without help will be a challenge for the Jets.

Yeah, I read a few posts stating that Pats fans are rooting for the Jets tonight. That speaks volumes. Who roots for a Division rival?

I can not speak for all pats fan but for me I take a week to week approach as to who I cheer for to win in a given weekend.   As the colts are the bigger thread to the pats imo for a playoff spot/seeding I will cheer for the Jets.  If later in the season Miami is threatening the Pats I will cheer for the colts.  When the colts play Denver and Pitts I will cheer against the team that is the bigger threat at the time to the pats. 

So me it varies.  

We both like Big Blue. I live here. How come you developed interest in them from WI coz your hatred of cowboys? :)

That's part of it, but mostly, I admire how that organization is run from top to bottom from the Bill Parcells days & I knew that Bill Belichick was gonna be a star in the NFL from his DC days in the Big Apple when my relatives in WI thought I was nuts. Do you see the kind of pressure Bill is generating with Lawrence Taylor man? It's more that just athletic talent. Bill is putting that pass rusher in the best position to push the left & right tackles into the QB & make the field general petrified for dear life. Plus, I liked the arguments Phil Sims & Bill had on the sidelines fighting over how to handle 3rd down situations. 

Hades, I even liked the Giants in 2000 under Kerry Collins, but I knew Rod Woodson & Ray Lewis were gonna demolish Big Blue that night. Collins was toast. 

If you wanted me to pinpoint 1 reason that I always liked the Giants, it's because Tom Coughlin & Jerry Reese know the value in a quality line & the necessity of running the darn ball. The Giants last 2 losses cannot be blamed on the guys up fronts at all. It's poor clock management. In addition, the Giants are always like screw trends this is what works for us: A clean pocket, a thumper back, & relentless pass rushers who either put their tree truck hands up & block passes or eat opposing QBs for breakfast. 

That's part of it, but mostly, I admire how that organization is run from top to bottom from the Bill Parcells days & I knew that Bill Belichick was gonna be a star in the NFL from his DC days in the Big Apple when my relatives in WI thought I was nuts. Do you see the kind of pressure Bill is generating with Lawrence Taylor man? It's more that just athletic talent. Bill is putting that pass rusher in the best position to push the left & right tackles into the QB & make the field general petrified for dear life. Plus, I liked the arguments Phil Sims & Bill had on the sidelines fighting over how to handle 3rd down situations.

Hades, I even liked the Giants in 2000 under Kerry Collins, but I knew Rod Woodson & Ray Lewis were gonna demolish Big Blue that night. Collins was toast.

If you wanted me to pinpoint 1 reason that I always liked the Giants, it's because Tom Coughlin & Jerry Reese know the value in a quality line & the necessity of running the darn ball. The Giants last 2 losses cannot be blamed on the guys up fronts at all. It's poor clock management. In addition, the Giants are always like screw trends this is what works for us: A clean pocket, a thumper back, & relentless pass rushers who either put their tree truck hands up & block passes or eat opposing QBs for breakfast.

Well spoken as always my friend.

Watch out for Giants this year. They will be the team to beat !