Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How Much Difference Does Andrew Luck Make To The Colts?

Johnhenry

I think Andrew Luck is the difference between this team being 11-5 (about what they will do again this year IMO) and 6-10 or less. Yes, I think he is that good and I also think the rest of the team is that mediocre. How much difference to all of you think he makes? I think some will think he makes an even greater difference than I do. I think Peyton in Denver makes a two or three game difference. I think Brady is a four or five game difference for the Pats. I expect the biggest margin in the league is Aaron Rodgers.

I think Andrew Luck is the difference between this team being 11-5 (about what they will do again this year IMO) and 6-10 or less. Yes, I think he is that good and I also think the rest of the team is that mediocre. How much difference to all of you think he makes? I think some will think he makes an even greater difference than I do. I think Peyton in Denver makes a two or three game difference. I think Brady is a four or five game difference for the Pats. I expect the biggest margin in the league is Aaron Rodgers.

Luck makes hardly any difference at all, he has a weak arm, the Colts defense is a mess and the Oline is in shambles.    :sarcasm:

Oh, Brady does not make a 4 or 5 game difference to the Patriots.

Luck makes hardly any difference at all, he has a weak arm, the Colts defense is a mess and the Oline is in shambles.    :sarcasm:

Oh, Brady does not make a 4 or 5 game difference to the Patriots.

The last time he was injured for a year, the difference was seven games and they didn't make the playoff. Yes, the Colts defense is a mess and the Oline is just not very good. But there is certainly nothing wrong with Luck's arm. That is the topic here. He is so good and he makes the team so much better and that covers up the deficiencies you mentioned.

The last time he was injured for a year, the difference was seven games and they didn't make the playoff. Yes, the Colts defense is a mess and the Oline is just not very good. But there is certainly nothing wrong with Luck's arm. That is the topic here. He is so good and he makes the team so much better and that covers up the deficiencies you mentioned.

I guess your sarcasm detector is turned off.

The last time he was injured for a year, the difference was seven games and they didn't make the playoff. Yes, the Colts defense is a mess and the Oline is just not very good.

The difference from the year before was 5 games not 7 and the year after, with Brady, the difference was -1 game, 10-6.  

Also, you must have missed the  :sarcasm:  about the defense and Oline.

The difference from the year before was 5 games not 7 and the year after, with Brady, the difference was -1 game, 10-6.  

Also, you must have missed the  :sarcasm:  about the defense and Oline.

I didn't miss it at all. I think they are just as bad as you stated.

Tbh the 2012 Colts had no business in the playoffs. The draft class was incredible but Luck took a very poor roster into the playoffs.

He makes a huge difference. The roster is a lot better now, but it's still a 5 win team without him. He's not a system QB like certain people who play up in Boston....

The difference between 2-14 & 14-2

Tbh the 2012 Colts had no business in the playoffs. The draft class was incredible but Luck took a very poor roster into the playoffs.

He makes a huge difference. The roster is a lot better now, but it's still a 5 win team without him. He's not a system QB like certain people who play up in Boston....

Gosh,  you were writing such a good post and then you had to go and write the last sentence......

Now Tom Brady is only good because he plays in a certain system?    And he wouldn't be good in another system?

Wow,  Patriots hate taken to a new level.      Impressive.         :facepalm:

Anyone else notice that in this thread,  as well as any other we've had the last 3 years on how good the Colts would be without Andrew Luck,   no poster ever writes who the replacement QB would be?

I mean,  do we even get a replacement or shall we just play other teams  our 10 vs their 11?

Do we get a Romo level quarterback?    A Cutler level QB?     A back-up level QB?  

Otherwise,  this is just more intellectual nonsense.

We would be a 3-4 win team without Luck.

Look at the QB needy teams like Houston, Buffalo, NY Jets, etc...Look at the talent that they have and then compare their teams to the Colts without Luck (assuming Hasselback is the replacement). We would be the new Jaguars.

Gosh, you were writing such a good post and then you had to go and write the last sentence......

Now Tom Brady is only good because he plays in a certain system? And he wouldn't be good in another system?

Wow, Patriots hate taken to a new level. Impressive. :facepalm:

That's not what I meant. Just that BB is like Tom Landry. He has a system that works. Brady is great but I don't think he'd have 4 rings with other teams. Plus there's the Cassell factor. My bad though. That quote was taken way out of context because of how I wrote it.

Brady is great but when you talk about things like Arm strength, athleticism, accuracy,etc...there's several people ahead of him. In terms of pure QB skill I'd say Rodgers is 10 times better.

That's not what I meant. Just that BB is like Tom Landry. He has a system that works. Brady is great but I don't think he'd have 4 rings with other teams. Plus there's the Cassell factor. My bad though. That quote was taken way out of context because of how I wrote it.

Brady is great but when you talk about things like Arm strength, athleticism, accuracy,etc...there's several people ahead of him. In terms of pure QB skill I'd say Rodgers is 10 times better.

Now you were doing fine until you said "10 times better". The record doesn't indicate that and I am a big fan of Rodgers.

I hate this argument. If you take the best player off the team of course that team will struggle to win games. You can apply this to any sport. If the cavs didn't have Lebron would they be a playoff team? Probably not. There's countless examples that could be listed. If you take the best player on any team off it will hurt and usually hurt bad.

I hate this argument. If you take the best player off the team of course that team will struggle to win games. You can apply this to any sport. If the cavs didn't have Lebron would they be a playoff team? Probably not. There's countless examples that could be listed. If you take the best player on any team off it will hurt and usually hurt bad.

I think that is true when it is a QB. I doubt another position player would have that kind of impact. The closest might be Watt. Also, someteams have a backup QB that would not be that much of a dropoff. Only the true franchise QBs fall in the catagory of being irreplaceable.

In terms of accuracy,  few are ahead of Brady.    He's amazingly accurate.

As to athleticism,  yes,  he's not very athletic at all.   Probably would test out at one of the poorer athletes at QB,  but the thing of it is,  that it's never hurt him.    He's mobile inside the pocket,  and he knows when to move and when not to.

His arm strength, while not great,  is adequate.   Again, I don't think its hurt him.    But he's similar to Luck in that he has such a fantastic brain.     He processes information incredible fast and accurate.     That's his best asset. 

Has Bellicheck's system helped him?    Ab-so-lutely!    No question Brady would not have four Super Bowls with playing for New England.    But I don't view that as a reflection on Brady,   but instead a reflection of just how good Belicheck is.    He's heads and shoulders better than everyone else.

He may go down as the best HC of all-time.    (And yes,  he's an a**-hole and a jerk and he plays fast and loose with the rules and he pushes competitive edge to an uncomfortable point,  but he IS a fantastic coach.)