Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Amarlo Herrera Cut. Plus, Practice Squad Updates

TKnight24

Lol you guys make it seem like Carter being cut was one of the worst decisions of all time. If he was 6'1" and his last name was Richards or something no one would have cared.

Just do me a favor and don't blame coaching when he doesn't become an all-pro player.

I know right is everyone high? If Cater was any good one of the 31 teams would have claimed him. There are a few teams who could really use WR help. This is Rogers all over again.

I know right is everyone high? If Cater was any good one of the 31 teams would have claimed him. There are a few teams who could really use WR help. This is Rogers all over again.

I would think that maybe the Colts lose Carter if he stays on the PS for an extended period of time. Would make a lot of sense for a team that starts 0-4 or 1-3 to claim him if one of their Wr's busts or gets hurt. All they have to do is give him a spot on their 53.....

Nor do you get how waivers works.

It was a simple question no need to be rude. I'm a reigning fantasy champion so I know how waivers work, thanks. My question which I guess only Grigson could answer is what changed in his mind when he felt he was good enough to make the 53. Then a day later when he was let go because of the guys we picked up on waivers that we didn't give him a practice squad spot. You'd think if he makes the 53 we'd put him on the PS if he was the first to go when we claimed two guys off waivers.

So you're just going to ignore my serious question? I know how waivers work. Just wondered aloud what Grigson may have thought if he found him good enough for the 53 then not even a PS player once waivers cleared.

I'll bite.... Has he CLEARED waivers yet?  is it 24 or 48 hours teams have to make a claim on a waiver wire player at this point in the league year?  I am not 100% sure.  if it is 48 hours, they have to wait till later today...... if no one in the league has claimed Herrera, and he's just sitting there as a FA, then yeah....I dunno, except to say that at that point, Grigs likes McNary over Herrera.

I'll bite.... Has he CLEARED waivers yet?  is it 24 or 48 hours teams have to make a claim on a waiver wire player at this point in the league year?  I am not 100% sure.  if it is 48 hours, they have to wait till later today...... if no one in the league has claimed Herrera, and he's just sitting there as a FA, then yeah....I dunno, except to say that at that point, Grigs likes McNary over Herrera.

He cleared waivers yesterday

It was a simple question no need to be rude. I'm a reigning fantasy champion so I know how waivers work, thanks. My question which I guess only Grigson could answer is what changed in his mind when he felt he was good enough to make the 53. Then a day later when he was let go because of the guys we picked up on waivers that we didn't give him a practice squad spot. You'd think if he makes the 53 we'd put him on the PS if he was the first to go when we claimed two guys off waivers.

It was actually not a question.  And if it was meant to be a question then it was rather vague.  However you've clarified with the post above and you're right, Grigson is the only one that can answer that question.  I do agree with you, it seems odd that Herrera would make the 53, then get cut and not be signed to the PS after clearing waivers.  However, it's still entirely possible that could happen. There are a couple of guys on the PS that I'd be all in favor of getting rid of to make room for Herrera.

It was actually not a question.  And if it was meant to be a question then it was rather vague.  However you've clarified with the post above and you're right, Grigson is the only one that can answer that question.  I do agree with you, it seems odd that Herrera would make the 53, then get cut and not be signed to the PS after clearing waivers.  However, it's still entirely possible that could happen. There are a couple of guys on the PS that I'd be all in favor of getting rid of to make room for Herrera.

Agree!

How was he being rude?

To answer your question, I could be that Grigson and co. like McNary better even though Amarlo did okay. And they only want a certain number of ILBs at the PS. Combine that with the fact the we traded for Sio Moore, who essentially took Amarlo's place on the 53 man roster, and that could be reason for not wanting Amarlo back.

How was he being rude?

To answer your question, I could be that Grigson and co. like McNary better even though Amarlo did okay. And they only want a certain number of ILBs at the PS. Combine that with the fact the we traded for Sio Moore, who essentially took Amarlo's place on the 53 man roster, and that could be reason for not wanting Amarlo back.

By telling me I don't know how waivers work. And agreed, I realized bringing McNary back must have changed things. I didn't think the Moore trade influenced his spot from 53 to not even on PS but McNary definitely.

Edited by 21isSuperman

So you're just going to ignore my serious question? I know how waivers work. Just wondered aloud what Grigson may have thought if he found him good enough for the 53 then not even a PS player once waivers cleared.

2823486-8545656586-giphy.gif

I'm sorry you felt I was being rude.

Herrera has now cleared waivers. Between Friday night and late yesterday, however, the Colts traded for Sio Moore, had to give him a physical and wait on results, and were working out Josh McNary with an eye to signing him. Herrera got bumped down, twice. I'd prefer him to McNary, but McNary was obviously a higher priority.

Now that he's cleared waivers, he is a free agent. He can sign wherever he wants. Another team could be looking at him for an active roster spot or a practice squad spot. He could be mad that he got pushed off the roster and not want to come back to the Colts, which is his prerogative. The Colts don't have his rights anymore.

Your comment/question suggests that it's entirely up to the Colts whether he joins the practice squad. It also suggests that if he isn't immediately signed back to the practice squad that it means the Colts don't want him. Neither of those things is necessarily true. 

2823486-8545656586-giphy.gif

I'm sorry you felt I was being rude.

Herrera has now cleared waivers. Between Friday night and late yesterday, however, the Colts traded for Sio Moore, had to give him a physical and wait on results, and were working out Josh McNary with an eye to signing him. Herrera got bumped down, twice. I'd prefer him to McNary, but McNary was obviously a higher priority.

Now that he's cleared waivers, he is a free agent. He can sign wherever he wants. Another team could be looking at him for an active roster spot or a practice squad spot. He could be mad that he got pushed off the roster and not want to come back to the Colts, which is his prerogative. The Colts don't have his rights anymore.

Your comment/question suggests that it's entirely up to the Colts whether he joins the practice squad. It also suggests that if he isn't immediately signed back to the practice squad that it means the Colts don't want him. Neither of those things is necessarily true. 

Thank you for clarifying.

Edited by 21isSuperman

I'm honestly glad Herrera didn't bump anyone from the PS. We have McNary there and Sylvester, who I like better and think has a much higher ceiling than Herrera, is essentially redshirted for next year.

I like the PS thus far, but the guy I'd have on the bump bubble would be Quan Bray. I really liked what I saw from Eric Patterson, I think he's a real sleeper. I'm very happy to see him on the PS.

I'm honestly glad Herrera didn't bump anyone from the PS. We have McNary there and Sylvester, who I like better and think has a much higher ceiling than Herrera, is essentially redshirted for next year.

I like the PS thus far, but the guy I'd have on the bump bubble would be Quan Bray. I really liked what I saw from Eric Patterson, I think he's a real sleeper. I'm very happy to see him on the PS.

I thought Sylvestre is on IR for the season?

Yeah I think that's correct but if he gets offered a contract and the Colts aren't in a position to bring him to the 53, he's gone.

I believe that being on a PS essentially means you're a FA that has chosen to sign with a team to be on their PS.  You are not bound by the contract and can sign with another team that is willing to put you on the active 53.  However, you could choose to stay on the PS and even negotiate a higher salary with your current team.  

The Chiefs cut him back in June.  He is a free agent now and if he comes back he has a 2 game suspension in front of him.

Thanks... I forgot that the Chiefs signed him a while back. Sounds like he needs to find anther league to play in for now. What team would want to bother with him considering what you have above.