Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton to sit out pre-season opener at Seattle

oldunclemark

He always sits out preseason, so does Brees, and Favre used to as well. 

Yes and No.   He usually plays a little,  not much though.

I think he normally plays a series or two in the preseason games, usually no more than a Quarter.    So I think this is standard.  Also not a bad idea to see what Brock can do. 

Well that Tom Brady guy hung 320 on them for 4 touchdowns and beat them in the Super Bowl. In any case I was just joking.

You mean the game played in Arizona with bunch of Seattle defense banged up and out of the game and still NE needed a bone head move by Pete Caroll to win. And who knows what that cheater did that day.

That is not what we call a domination.

Joking huh. Ironically Manning is involved whenever that happens.

More of the influence of new coach Kubiak.

...and probably a nod to starting 3 rookies in the O-line. Brock Osweiler starts.. I guess he's expendable

.....but Denver is clearly trying to limit Peyton's 'pitches' this year..

I think it has been clear from Kubiak from the get go that he wants to get Brock work both in practice and in the pre-season. I think the biggest issue facing Denver in the near term is figuring out if Brock is the guy going forward. He is in his final year so they have to see if he can run Kubiak's offense as if he can then he is worth resigning and having him in the wings for when Manning retires. If he can't, then cut their losses and start over with someone else. I really don't think this has to do as much with keeping Manning on a pitch count as Manning's arm was fine last year. But I also agree that there is no reason to have him out there with all those rooks either on the Oline this soon.

Posted · Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 14, 2015 - Personal Spat
Hidden by ColtsBlueFL, August 14, 2015 - Personal Spat

You mean the game played in Arizona with bunch of Seattle defense banged up and out of the game and still NE needed a bone head move by Pete Caroll to win. And who knows what that cheater did that day.

That is not what we call a domination.

Joking huh. Ironically Manning is involved whenever that happens.

Stop coming up with excuses. The Patriots won that game. You need to change your username to NonLogicUser. It's flipping preseason for Pete's sake. I will joke about whoever I want whenever the hell I want. Sorry not sorry.

Stop coming up with excuses. The Patriots won that game. You need to change your username to NonLogicUser. It's flipping preseason for Pete's sake. I will joke about whoever I want whenever the hell I want. Sorry not sorry.

Excuse is you calling that game a dominant performance. That cheater was standing in the sidelines helpless only to see a rookie save the game.

While you are giving free advice, what color of underwear I should wear today?.

Excuse is you calling that game a dominant performance. That cheater was standing in the sidelines helpless only to see a rookie save the game.

While you are giving free advice, what color of underwear I should wear today?.

Brady and his offense did their part to win the game. Brady can't play defense too and I'm not getting into this argument with someone who clearly has an agenda and picked a fight over a damn preseason joke.

Be spontaneous. Go commando today.

Brady and his offense did their part to win the game. Brady can't play defense too and I'm not getting into this argument with someone who clearly has an agenda and picked a fight over a damn preseason joke.

Be spontaneous. Go commando today.

Reading problem?.

I asked color. Thank you.

Reading problem?.

I asked color. Thank you.

And I said don't wear any. Then maybe next time your panties don't get in a bunch. You're clearly a troll or you're someone posting from a second account. For a user with just 17 posts who just joined you sure are good at picking fights you're doomed to lose already.

And I said don't wear any. Then maybe next time your panties don't get in a bunch. You're clearly a troll or you're someone posting from a second account. For a user with just 17 posts who just joined you sure are good at picking fights you're doomed to lose already.

Mr.Quizboy, you appear to do a lot of screaming and kicking if things don't go your way.

Be careful. You might get banned for false propaganda and don't forget this is a family forum ( forum rules are fresh in my mind, Recently read them ).

Mr.Quizboy, you appear to do a lot of screaming and kicking if things don't go your way.

Be careful. You might get banned for false propaganda and don't forget this is a family forum ( forum rules are fresh in my mind, Recently read them ).

Lol yeah troll account is noted. I already have my guess as to who you are. Have fun doing what you do, won't be long before the mods catch on, NonLogicUser.

Lol yeah troll account is noted. I already have my guess as to who you are. Have fun doing what you do, won't be long before the mods catch on, NonLogicUser.

Deflection?. Must have learned from certain group here. :thmup:

Still one of my top 5 favorite gifs 

brock.gif

finally the Brockster gets his chance lol 

It is funny...especially Peyton and how he snuck back out there lol. Guy just loves football...can anyone blame him?

I think it has been clear from Kubiak from the get go that he wants to get Brock work both in practice and in the pre-season. I think the biggest issue facing Denver in the near term is figuring out if Brock is the guy going forward. He is in his final year so they have to see if he can run Kubiak's offense as if he can then he is worth resigning and having him in the wings for when Manning retires. If he can't, then cut their losses and start over with someone else. I really don't think this has to do as much with keeping Manning on a pitch count as Manning's arm was fine last year. But I also agree that there is no reason to have him out there with all those rooks either on the Oline this soon.

From all the reports I've seen from Broncos training camp it has been that Peyton has moved well and thrown very accurately early on.....even taken a ton of snaps from under center. Brock on the other hand hasn't looked sharp...I think Brock is the proto-typical size qb that you want...but I wonder if he has it between the ears and if he can be accurate enough. Every time I've seen him play he has looked poor at best. I first attributed that to trying to run "Peyton's offfense" as we've seen many backups stink it up here as well trying to do what Peyton does....but now I'm wondering if Brock will even be the guy in Denver. He has shown that he is no Jake Plummer or even Kyle Orton so far. I can't see anyone taking a big chance on the guy....to me he is Ryan Mallett 2.0 at this point...prove it and then we will see if your a starter when Peyton leaves.

It is funny...especially Peyton and how he snuck back out there lol. Guy just loves football...can anyone blame him?

From all the reports I've seen from Broncos training camp it has been that Peyton has moved well and thrown very accurately early on.....even taken a ton of snaps from under center. Brock on the other hand hasn't looked sharp...I think Brock is the proto-typical size qb that you want...but I wonder if he has it between the ears and if he can be accurate enough. Every time I've seen him play he has looked poor at best. I first attributed that to trying to run "Peyton's offfense" as we've seen many backups stink it up here as well trying to do what Peyton does....but now I'm wondering if Brock will even be the guy in Denver. He has shown that he is no Jake Plummer or even Kyle Orton so far. I can't see anyone taking a big chance on the guy....to me he is Ryan Mallett 2.0 at this point...prove it and then we will see if your a starter when Peyton leaves.

Yeah, I think with Brock you give him every chance to see if he will be THAT guy when Manning moves on. If he does not look good enough in an offensive system that is supposed to favor his skillset than I would imagine Elway will move on.

I think "amfootball" is the winner here.

Denver needs to find out if Osweiler can follow Manning once Peyton retires.     This is Osweiler's fourth and final year of his rookie contract.     There's no more tomorrow's.    Denver needs to learn as much as they can about him right now.

Peyton will be fine.     Brock?    Who knows.     He's got to play.

I'm sure we'll start seeing Peyton in Pre-season weeks 2 and 3 and a little in 4.    But otherwise,  Osweiler needs to perform right now.

Brock played very well last night:

Osweiler was 15-of-20 for 151 yards and a touchdown pass in playing the entirety of the first half. Osweiler’s 17-yard touchdown pass to Virgil Green was perfectly placed behind Seattle safety Deshawn Shead, who started in place of the absent Kam ChancellorDenver scored points on all five possessions with Osweiler at quarterback with four field goals – two from Connor Barth and two from Brandon McManus – and the Green touchdown. 

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/15/brock-osweiler-sharp-for-broncos-as-peyton-manning-sits/

This has to be very encouraging for Kubiak and Elway to see.

I thouhgt big Brock was OK..He looked conifdent, delivered the ball quickly and ddint try to run so much. Thomas and TE Owen Daniels also didn't play

On the down side...he threw the ball behind the receivers a few times against Seattle's 2nd string secondary (Sherman Chancellor, Wagner didn't play)

Cody Latimer (IU) looked very good..caught the ball well and played strong against all of Seattle's hitting 

The big changes in Denver were the stretch running scheme (who exactly started that?) where the blockers step and push laterally down the line. For the first night, they ran fairly well.

..and the defense...they blitzed at least 2 of every 3 plays...much more gambling and aggressive than last year.

worth watching if you catch the replays

I thouhgt big Brock was OK..He looked conifdent, delivered the ball quickly and ddint try to run so much. Thomas and TE Owen Daniels also didn't play

On the down side...he threw the ball behind the receivers a few times against Seattle's 2nd string secondary (Sherman Chancellor, Wagner didn't play)

Cody Latimer (IU) looked very good..caught the ball well and played strong against all of Seattle's hitting 

The big changes in Denver were the stretch running scheme (who exactly started that?) where the blockers step and push laterally down the line. For the first night, they ran fairly well.

..and the defense...they blitzed at least 2 of every 3 plays...much more gambling and aggressive than last year.

worth watching if you catch the replays

I thought the Denver defense was very impressive even though it was just the first preseason game.

Even the SeaHawk backups play with an intensity that other teams just dont match..

..I dont know how they consistently do that..

..and either Seattle's kick return teams are great or Denver's kick coverage teams are just down in the basement bad

Denver had awful STs last year. I hate to read too much into the first preseason game but they still have much work to do it seems.

If Brock plays well in this new system I think you will see him get re-signed at a moderate 2 yr contract or something. I imagine Peyton plays out his contract and then Brock gets his shot. I still think he isn't playing fast between the ears but this was by far his best outing. Maybe he gets turned into trade bait for a first rd pick...plenty of teams that would be intrigued with a big tall athletic qb that has sit behind manning for a couple years....thinking a couple in the afc east, maybe Chicago, Bruce Arians would love one in Arizona...it will be interesting if he can raise his value enough to get one of those teams to bite or for elway to extend him (more likely).

I think Osweiler can be Joe Flacco...., .and, while I know he secretly must hate this waiting...he is improved every year...its working for him

But you make a good point.....what would the Jets give up for Brock? 

....and you also said something I never considered....

..why wouldn't John Fox and Adam Gase want Brock Osweiler..in Chicago .?

If Brock plays well in this new system I think you will see him get re-signed at a moderate 2 yr contract or something. I imagine Peyton plays out his contract and then Brock gets his shot. I still think he isn't playing fast between the ears but this was by far his best outing. Maybe he gets turned into trade bait for a first rd pick...plenty of teams that would be intrigued with a big tall athletic qb that has sit behind manning for a couple years....thinking a couple in the afc east, maybe Chicago, Bruce Arians would love one in Arizona...it will be interesting if he can raise his value enough to get one of those teams to bite or for elway to extend him (more likely).

I think there is a thought that Peyton will play the final TWO years of his deal at least..and, at that point, Brock has to go..because he has to make his decision after this year.

But its the eternal question: Do you want to be the backup on a playoff team or start on a non playoff team?

Brock might be best served just leaving. Has anyone considered that Peyton might play beyond his contract? If Manning has a strong, healthy, injury-free year, Brock might want to think about hitting the road.