Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Houston will win the AFC South if.....

IndyD4U

Huh? You have been in tons of arguments on this forum yourself over the years. OMG, QwizBoy......come on. You know how many times people have called you a troll too.

This thread is satire anyway. I thought it was obvious when I posted the train crash gif. Some of you take this stuff at times way too seriously.

Anyway I am done. Good night all.

I'm pretty sure the topic was Houston and not the Saints, but go ahead and throw that out there as a reminder that I am a Saints fan. I don't know what being a Saints fan has to do with any of this, but OK! Saints fans suck, everyone around here will agree with you on that due to my presence. 

I'm not trolling you. If I was, this would be a lot more fun cause you're easy to rattle. If you didn't care you wouldn't have posted a reply to start with, see how easy this is?

I'm not the one bragging about going 9-7 in a division where you get swept consistently by the Colts and brag about "we almost won". 9-7 is just one game above being 8-8. 

That's pride messing with you. Pride only hurts, it never helps. 

Correct me when I say something not true. The Colts were 11-5 with losses to the Pats and Broncos . They played the Broncos when Manning was good. The Texans were 9-7 with wins over the 2 teams they played instead of the Pats and Broncos.... that being the Bills and Raiders. They played the Bills when they had Manual at QB.

If we reverse the schedules that someone is trying to say is not significantly different and the games go according to Hoyle , it would look something like this. 

Colts   13-3

Texans 7-9

Now add the game that the Colts get for having won the first first breaker. You then get a 7 game edge if you reverse the schedules and the Colts win those 2 games they would be heavily favored to win and the Texans lose to the Pats and Broncos. Huge advantage playing Oakland and Buffalo compared to the 2 best (by a very wide margin)  teams in the AFC.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Houston is a joke. You guys have nothing to worry about. They went 9-7 last year as hot garbage beating up on crappy teams. 

They have a bad coach, bad defensive coordinator, and if JJ Watt ever gets hurt, they really are totally screwed.

This is the team that allowed their best offensive player to go to a divisional rival. Enough said. 

Huh? How is BOB a bad coach? Since entering the NFL the guy has been nothing but a success, first with NE going to the Super Bowl as OC and then to Penn State where the despite the fallout from the Jerry Sandusky scandal in his first season went 8-4 which is the most wins for a 1st year head coach in school history, and was awarded Big Ten Coach of the Year. In Houston, in his first season without even a decent QB he went 9-7.

I don't think Houston will over take the Colts this year but this author has a point as the main thing missing from this team is QB play. If they can find that in Mallett or Hoyer than they will be pushing the Colts big time.

And last I checked, Johnson was released as the Texans were unable to find a trade partner for him. He was a FA and chose the Colts and on the decline anyways for a team that is trying to rebuild and be a contender.

Correct me when I say something not true. The Colts were 11-5 with losses to the Pats and Broncos . They played the Broncos when Manning was good. The Texans were 9-7 with wins over the 2 teams they played instead of the Pats and Broncos.... that being the Bills and Raiders. They played the Bills when they had Manual at QB.

If we reverse the schedules that someone is trying to say is not significantly different and the games go according to Hoyle , it would look something like this. 

Colts   13-3

Texans 7-9

Now add the game that the Colts get for having won the first first breaker. You then get a 7 game edge if you reverse the schedules and the Colts win those 2 games they would be heavily favored to win and the Texans lose to the Pats and Broncos. Huge advantage playing Oakland and Buffalo compared to the 2 best (by a very wide margin)  teams in the AFC.

You are right but I think the overall point still stands. Colts did not beat the elite teams in the AFC and Houston beat the lower teams. This means the two teams (Colts and Texans) are probably closer than some here like to believe. And as you say the two games they did play head to head were decided by 5 points and then 7 points. Does not mean the Texans are ready to win the division as they need to find someone closer to Luck's level of play.

You are right but I think the overall point still stands. Colts did not beat the elite teams in the AFC and Houston beat the lower teams. This means the two teams (Colts and Texans) are probably closer than some here like to believe. And as you say the two games they did play head to head were decided by 5 points and then 7 points. Does not mean the Texans are ready to win the division as they need to find someone closer to Luck's level of play.

The only "elite "team in the AFC was the Pats. So that answers one point. The other point is someone is saying there schedules were pretty much the same and I outlined how the final standing would have looked if the schedules were reversed and the favored team won in those 4 games. 

Division games are often close . Not a very good barometer in rating two teams. Also the first game we jumped out like 27-0 in the first 18-20 minutes. Often very difficult to maintain the threshing with that much time left in the game. Texans maf=de very nice comeback to make it close but Colts took their foot off the pedal with way way too much time left in the game.

The only "elite "team in the AFC was the Pats. So that answers one point. The other point is someone is saying there schedules were pretty much the same and I outlined how the final standing would have looked if the schedules were reversed and the favored team won in those 4 games. 

Division games are often close . Not a very good barometer in rating two teams. Also the first game we jumped out like 27-0 in the first 18-20 minutes. Often very difficult to maintain the threshing with that much time left in the game. Texans maf=de very nice comeback to make it close but Colts took their foot off the pedal with way way too much time left in the game.

Yeah. I mean the Colts are better just how much better is the question if the Texans actually find a decent QB among their brood.

Yeah. I mean the Colts are better just how much better is the question if the Texans actually find a decent QB among their brood.

Good point but hasn't this been a problem for 12+ years?  They've beat the Colts maybe 3 times and 0 in Indy.  I don't really see that changing any time soon unless it's because of injuries (like 2011 for example).

If Clowney is healthy and is as advertised and they get good QB play , they will have closed the gap considerably . Hard to think the retread from Cleveland is the answer , so IMO down to Mallett.

Good point but hasn't this been a problem for 12+ years?  They've beat the Colts maybe 3 times and 0 in Indy.  I don't really see that changing any time soon unless it's because of injuries (like 2011 for example).

Yes. They got great play though from Schaub in 2012 to take that division with Luck in his rookie year. As we know, it all rises and falls on the QB play and right now they don't have THAT guy yet. Maybe it is Mallett? Who knows.

If Clowney is healthy and is as advertised and they get good QB play , they will have coded the gap considerably . Hard to think the retread from Cleveland is the answer , so IMO down to Mallett.

Yeah. They need to hope it is Mallett. He seems to have the higher ceiling.

Yes. They got great play though from Schaub in 2012 to take that division with Luck in his rookie year. As we know, it all rises and falls on the QB play and right now they don't have THAT guy yet. Maybe it is Mallett? Who knows.

I personally think Mallet is a better option than Hoyer.  Hoyer was awful against the Colts last year.  I don't see Mallet being a big difference maker though.  Maybe I am wrong.  Only time will tell.  7 Sundays until the season!

Where is Keenum now? I'd choose him out of everybody available. No I did not just say Keenum would lead the Texans to 16-0. I said I'd take him out of everybody available.

The Texans are like the Jets against the Pats. They do get up for big games. They just never pull them out.

I think the one division game we drop will be @Houston. If they can get decent QB play and can hold the Colts in check...I can see Houston winning a close one. Plus, it's the week before we play the Pats in the most anticipated game of the season, maybe for the entire NFL. We could get caught looking ahead a bit. Indy still takes the South and beats Houston in Indy (that streak will never end), but Houston at their place could be tough. We will see....

What are you talking about?  They had a decent QB last year, and still finished barely above .500 against one of the easiest schedules in the league.  Do you people not even realize that Fitzpatrick was the 9th rated passer in the NFL last year?  lol.  Hoyer was the 31st rated QB in the league last year, so how on God's green earth is he in any way, shape or form an upgrade from a top ten QB?  And if Mallet hasn't established himself above one of the worst QB's in the league, what does that say about him? 

Houston had numerous other areas last year that were worse than the QB position, and many of those same weaknesses exist on this years team.  8-8 would be doing well for that spectacularly mediocre roster.

Where is Keenum now? I'd choose him out of everybody available. No I did not just say Keenum would lead the Texans to 16-0. I said I'd take him out of everybody available.

The Texans are like the Jets against the Pats. They do get up for big games. They just never pull them out.

Keenum ?       6 footer with a pop gun arm. 

They had a decent QB last year, and still finished barely above .500 against one of the easiest schedules in the league.

actually it was THE easiest schedule. colts were the best team by far that they had to play. i was thinking maybe JJ should be MVP for a while but not with a schedule like that.  beating up the jags, titans, raiders and redskins does not make one the most valuable player in the league.  rodgers was the right choice

Well, we've won it twice, so no one can say it's never ever happened. I think the talent is there and the Texans winning the AFC South isn't as outrageous as some think it is. I personally think we will but I can understand why some would think otherwise. I guess we'll see by season's end.

Texans won't be over the colts hump until you can beat us in Indy at any given point. As of right now you guys have shown that you can't. It's like that for us and the damn chargers! And currently, unfortunately but not permanently, the patriots. For now!

Texans won't be over the colts hump until you can beat us in Indy at any given point. As of right now you guys have shown that you can't. It's like that for us and the damn chargers! And currently, unfortunately but not permanently, the patriots. For now!

Ha, yeah, you're like our Patriots right now. Like you said, this isn't permanent though! I could see a lot of surprises happening this season honestly. This is the 50th SB anniversary, it can't be like any other regular year lol.

Ha, yeah, you're like our Patriots right now. Like you said, this isn't permanent though! I could see a lot of surprises happening this season honestly. This is the 50th SB anniversary, it can't be like any other regular year lol.

Its a qb driven league. If you had a qb as talented as Watt you would win the division every year

Its a qb driven league. If you had a qb as talented as Watt you would win the division every year

If we had a QB as talented as Watt we'd win the Super Bowl. I know how important it is to have a quarterback; But the Seahawks have shown us recently that having a stellar defense and rushing attack can more then make up for not having a superstar behind center. It's not like whoever our starter is will be lacking in options on offense.

If we had a QB as talented as Watt we'd win the Super Bowl. I know how important it is to have a quarterback; But the Seahawks have shown us recently that having a stellar defense and rushing attack can more then make up for not having a superstar behind center. It's not like whoever our starter is will be lacking in options on offense.

Colts have no issues with Seahawks. Having a good QB is what beats the colts. One who can manage a good TOP

Colts have no issues with Seahawks. Having a good QB is what beats the colts. One who can manage a good TOP

I disagree that the Colts wouldn't have any issues with the Seahawks. A good running game has a huge impact on TOP too of course. I'm not sure the Colts have gotten better at stopping the run yet but we'll see during the season of course.

Another great predictor was "The Great Crisswell" (sp)He was in the classic film "Plan 9 From Outer Space" and if you have never seen that film is was directed by Ed Wood and considered the worst movie ever made. One of Crisswell's predictions long ago was in 1972 all the males living in St Louis, Missouri would go bald and that was as accurate as the Texans winning the South this year.

I disagree that the Colts wouldn't have any issues with the Seahawks. A good running game has a huge impact on TOP too of course. I'm not sure the Colts have gotten better at stopping the run yet but we'll see during the season of course.

actually the last time they played, the colts won.  it was luck and wilsons rookie year, in indy, however that colts team was signifigantly worse than the team we will will field next season.

actually the last time they played, the colts won.  it was luck and wilsons rookie year, in indy, however that colts team was signifigantly worse than the team we will will field next season.

Like you said...that was years ago. And both teams have obviously gotten better since then, so there's that.

actually the last time they played, the colts won. it was luck and wilsons rookie year, in indy, however that colts team was signifigantly worse than the team we will will field next season.

It was luck and Wilsons second year. the year the Seahawks won the superbowl

It was luck and Wilsons second year. the year the Seahawks won the superbowl

my mistake.  it was an odd game too.  both teams scored off of blocked kicks, and i remember several missed calls going both ways that led to scores