Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate merge -- pending appeal results

Bad Morty

Posting links can be tricky too apparently, because ehat you posted there is not anywhere to be found on the article you linked, unless I'm missing something?

So 8 of 56 that were "contacted?" Hmm that's not a very convincing number.

The link takes you to "page 2" of the article. Up top...click on Page 1.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course it won't.   Brady being 'generally aware' that his footballs were being manipulated to get them the way Tom says he likes them is about the same in my mind that a MLB player is generally aware he has a corked bat within the arsenal of bats he brings to the ball park.  He pulls out the wrong (corked) bat and gets sawed off and it explodes wood chips and cork onto the field.  8-10 game suspension.  But that won't give the guy an asterisk, nor keep him out of the HOF if otherwise he deserved it.  And Brady should get 1 game for the incident, and 1 more for obstruction the investigation.  The one game is similar to the 8-10 a baseball player gets for a corked bat.

If Brady's suspension is reduced to two games, then I feel it is reasonable and justice served.  Then move on.  If Tom continues to fight tooth and nail, then I hope the whole 4 game penalty is upheld when it is said and done.  Then, again, just move on.

yep...that's reasonable. As one of the HOF voters in the SI article I linked said, his first 3 superbowls were won prior to the league giving control of the game balls to the QB anyway.

generally when one starts a sentence with "could it be", what follows from there is clearly an opinion/speculation.

So you completely just made that up without any idea of what you were talking about? That is how you debate a subject? It becomes increasingly difficult to take you seriously when you try to make wild speculation part of your argument.

So you completely just made that up without any idea of what you were talking about? That is how you debate a subject? It becomes increasingly difficult to take you seriously when you try to make wild speculation part of your argument.

this is an opinion forum. Do I need to remind you what opinions are like and how everyone has one?

Of course it won't.   Brady being 'generally aware' that his footballs were being manipulated to get them the way Tom says he likes them is about the same in my mind that a MLB player is generally aware he has a corked bat within the arsenal of bats he brings to the ball park.  He pulls out the wrong (corked) bat and gets sawed off and it explodes wood chips and cork onto the field.  8-10 game suspension.  But that won't give the guy an asterisk, nor keep him out of the HOF if otherwise he deserved it.  And Brady should get 1 game for the incident, and 1 more for obstruction the investigation.  The one game is similar to the 8-10 a baseball player gets for a corked bat.

If Brady's suspension is reduced to two games, then I feel it is reasonable and justice served.  Then move on.  If Tom continues to fight tooth and nail, then I hope the whole 4 game penalty is upheld when it is said and done.  Then, again, just move on.

His legacy should have been that he was suspended for the superbowl for cheating in the AFC championship game because he wanted to do anything he could to try to end the conversation that he can't win without cheating.

His legacy should have been that he was suspended for the superbowl for cheating in the AFC championship game because he wanted to do anything he could to try to end the conversation that he can't win without cheating.

I'm sorry for your heartbreak

The link takes you to "page 2" of the article. Up top...click on Page 1.

Ahhh ok now I see the rest of it, or the beginning.

Still, small sample size. Hall of fame or not, the *'s will follow, in my not so stinky opinion.

You said, "I will hope that when this is finally over we don't have to continue to hear about how Brady and the Patriots have been railroaded and picked upon. To bring that up at a later time would be of no use except to bring negativity to the forum."

I read that as I am not entitled to my opinion if it goes against the majority view.

Read it anyway you care to. You always do.

You said, "I will hope that when this is finally over we don't have to continue to hear about how Brady and the Patriots have been railroaded and picked upon. To bring that up at a later time would be of no use except to bring negativity to the forum."

I read that as I am not entitled to my opinion if it goes against the majority view.

In that case no, you aren't entitled to keep stating your opinion. Once this is settled, shortly after everyone will have said their piece and it will be time to move on.

It is not always appropriate to share your opinion on any and everything you wish, believe it or not. You aren't ENTITLED to jack. I think you need to come to terms with that because you come off as a person that believes they are realtivley entitled to most things

Lol...Exponent slapped with a court order regarding bogus research they provided to 3M Corporation.

http://thornography.weei.com/sports/boston/2015/06/29/wells-report-science-firm-exponent-gets-whacked-by-court-order/

The following are direct quotes from his court order, dated June 2, 2015:

• “On May 11, this Court granted Plaintiffs’ Motion to Compel Production of Documents contained on Exponent, Inc.’s Privilege Log … within seven (7) days of the Court’s Order. Exponent has failed to comply with this Order and had indicated that it will continue to disregard this Court’s May 11 order.”
  • “[T]he Court cannot allow Exponent to stand in violation of a valid Court Order compelling the production of documents.”
  • “Methodologically sound science has nothing to fear from full and open disclosure.”
  • “[T]he Court finds that Exponent’s refusal to comply with its May 11, 2015 Order is unreasonable and evidence of deliberate disregard for the court’s authority.”

Math - it can be tricky...

But extending that thought further and given the fervor that exists for Hall of Fame voting, I wondered if Brady (a first-ballot lock for Canton based on his play) would suffer at all in the minds of Pro Football Hall of Fame voters. So last week I contacted eight of the 46 Pro Football Hall of Fame voters (SI voters can speak for themselves in their own columns) to ask the group if their evaluation of Brady for the Hall had changed at all with the Wells Report. As you might have predicted, based on this sample, Brady appears to be in little trouble as a first ballot Hall of Famer if nothing new comes to light.

One guy out of eight said "maybe possibly might affect his 'first ballot' status. Everyone else already thinks "deflategate" is a non issue and a joke. 5 years from now people with laugh at the hysteria and garbage that was spewed by haters who thought (hoped and prayed, actually) that this would somehow leave a mark. As one HOF voter said, this doesn't even rank anywhere close to the level of offense that a PED suspension carries, and nobody ever gives a 2nd thought about the legitimacy of guys who get busted for that.

So show your link or copies of the correspondence you had with these 8 HOF voters. I would be very interested in reading those.

So show your link or copies of the correspondence you had with these 8 HOF voters. I would be very interested in reading those.

the link I posted brings you to page 2 of the article. Up top, you can click on Page 1 and see what each of the voters contacted had to say.

Is what you do called sharing? Is there a line with you when it becomes apparent that most feel you sound like a broken record?

Yes that is why I have not been on this thread as much and have also referred to previous posts when responding so as to not keep going over the same thing ...

first 3 superbowls=*spygate

I always love when fans try to make the case that the Patriots won because of Spygate.

You all spent years and years and years trying to undermine Brady's impact and make the case that he had nothing to do with those Superbowl wins and that it was all the defense and Adam Vinatieri, but the second you had a new card to play in the form of Spygate, all of a sudden you try to switch the argument to how the offense knew all of their opponents defensive signals and that's why they were so good. 

When you try to have it both ways, it just shows how hard you are trying to grasp at straws.

Yes that is why I have not been on this thread as much and have also referred to previous posts when responding so as to not keep going over the same thing ...

No offense AM but is that why you have posted about the 2 zillionth time on Brady's contract ? Yet another brand new thread on that deal that has been discussed over and over an over again.

In all fairness , after a while it really does reach the point where "enough is enough. " I think proof of this is there has not been a single post , other then yours , that is not condescending in nature.

No offense AM but is that why you have posted about the 2 zillionth time on Brady's contract ? Yet another brand new thread on that deal that has been discussed over and over an over again.

In all fairness , after a while it really does reach the point where "enough is enough. " I think proof of this is there has not been a single post , other then yours , that is not condescending in nature.

I had not posted on Brady's contract in a long time. I thought the thread was relevant given all the talk recently about QB deals, i.e. Wilson, Newton, etc ... and the fact that he is playing out the deal it seems when many here questioned the extension at the time saying it was just a place holder for a new deal in 2015. I thought contract junkies like yourself and Superman might comment as I remember having some great discussion on it back in 2012 and then again this past season when he gave back the guarantee. But if you feel it is over kill by all means skip it.

What do you know, the Pats cheating again...

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2015/06/29/new-york-giants-drone-faa-nfl/

Nah, that's just not following protocol for proper flight planning.  Once done correctly, it's fully legal to tape your own practices.

I'm waiting for a team to get one (or more) of these types of drones-

http://www.dronethusiast.com/drones-that-follow-you/

Lol...Exponent slapped with a court order regarding bogus research they provided to 3M Corporation.

]

Where does it say that? Again you are just making stuff up.

Also, Jerry Thornton? He is sticking to his stand up comedy routine, because that article was a joke.

I had not posted on Brady's contract in a long time. I thought the thread was relevant given all the talk recently about QB deals, i.e. Wilson, Newton, etc ... and the fact that he is playing out the deal it seems when many here questioned the extension at the time saying it was just a place holder for a new deal in 2015. I thought contract junkies like yourself and Superman might comment as I remember having some great discussion on it back in 2012 and then again this past season when he gave back the guarantee. But if you feel it is over kill by all means skip it.

No offense but yeah I think it's overkill. We all know he took less than he could have maxed out at from his first deal going forward. I don't think there's anything really new to discuss....

Remind me why I'm on a Colts board that only Pats fans can troll and spew garbage?

I really do have to agree with you that there has been a lot of "baiting " as of late. But I guess it's been from both sides of the fence.

Remind me why I'm on a Colts board that only Pats fans can troll and spew garbage?

Without getting too deep into this, that's a gross misrepresentation, believe me.

If you wany to explore it further I suggest you do it through the appropriate channels. I.e. Not out in the public forums.

I really do have to agree with you that there has been a lot of "baiting " as of late. But I guess it's been from both sides of the fence.

Pretty much, people on both sides haven't covered themselves in glory on this one.

Put it this way, if this case stands up against Brady I'm launching a civil case for physiological trauma of moderating deflategate topics. Heck if we band the whole team together we could make it a class action :P

Pretty much, people on both sides haven't covered themselves in glory on this one.

Put it this way, if this case stands up against Brady I'm launching a civil case for physiological trauma of moderating deflategate topics. Heck if we band the whole team together we could make it a class action :P

we're arguing sports, not cancer research...I've been on forums where trolling is out of control. This forum is pretty civil all things considered. A barb here and there never hurt anyone.

Maybe. :dunno:

There are a lot of really good posters here, who do a good job of contributing intetesting topics of discussion.

I agree with some that Brady has been discussed ad nauseum. :puke:

It's a little hard for me to understand why so many threads are started to discuss him, especially when they all lead down the same path.

We get it. Pats fans think he walks on water, he can do no wrong, he's the greatest ever, and they feel the need to start thread after thread about it, and seem offended that we don't want to bow down, or jump for joy or whatever it is they're wanting us to do to join in their celebrations.

Sorry, I'm just not feeling it, and I never will.

There are a lot of really good posters here, who do a good job of contributing intetesting topics of discussion.

It's a litlle hard for me to understand why so many threads are started to discuss him, especially when they all lead down the same path.

We get it. Pats fans think he walks on water, he can do no wrong, he's the greatest ever, and they feel the need to start thread after thread about it, and seem offended that we don't want to bow down, or jump for joy or whatever it is they're wanting us to do to join in their celebrations.

LOL... do you remember when I started the "all Tom Brady post go here" thread ? Opps ... didn't mean to include the Steel City post..

It's a little hard for me to understand why so many threads are started to discuss him, especially when they all lead down the same path.

There's a reason those threads go so many pages though...no thread here could last more than 1 page if only Pats fans replied to them.

Without getting too deep into this, that's a gross misrepresentation, believe me.

If you wany to explore it further I suggest you do it through the appropriate channels. I.e. Not out in the public forums.

sorry for contributing something to a patriots cheating forum about the patriots doing something else illegal, didn't think we needed multiple threads.