Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Deflategate merge -- pending appeal results

Bad Morty

Exactly, Man of Steel! Try to picture this down the road ...

1. Zebra uniform and whistles replaced by robes and micro phonic gavels

2. Head Coaches replaced by attorneys

3. 12 hour football games entangled with play by play litigation

4. Side Bars with a conference bench along each end zone

5. Jury Box seated at the 50 yard line

6. Players in flexible suit and ties over equipment (also their legal eagles)

7. Judges in luxury suites tied into 25 camera replay booths

... and so on ... and so on ...

LOL at "play by play litigation"

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right. So the narrative goes and Mort's bogus report and the trick plays vs the Ravens ... those big bad cheating Pats haven't done anything in 8 years but ... I am sure Bill paid off Carroll too to make that horrendous play call ..

As long as they only cheat once every 8 years, the NFL should just shrug it off...

Or just find something to pin on them that is not only insignificant but unproven ...

That is your opinion. But even if something was proven against the Patriots in the future, you still wouldn't agree with it because IT'S YOUR TEAM.

Ok then to be more granular, deflating footballs is intended to affect 100% of the game, intending to injure would rarely affect 100% of the game unless your star receiver got injured returning the opening kick which now is rarely returnable. 

Well unless you're talking about deflating BOTH sets of balls then no it won't affect 100% of the game. 

A guy nicknamed the deflator took the game balls into the bathroom after the refs approved them. Is that or is that not against the rules

Brady could have been caught on video deflating the balls himself and most Pats fans would say it was his evil Twin doing it.

Brady could have been caught on video deflating the balls himself and most Pats fans would say it was his evil Twin doing it.

Not just Pats fans...trust me...the tide of public opinion will turn as time goes by and more and more people realize the NFL has made a bizarre over-reach here with very little in the way of evidence. This guy has it exactly right http://www.marketwatch.com/story/tom-bradys-deflategate-punishment-will-send-fans-packing-2015-06-25?siteid=yhoof2

Right, because the NFL has an insistent and insatiable need to make the Patriots look bad.

you keep saying that sarcastically...there's a lot of evidence that strongly suggests this is in fact the case. Why do you think the NFL let the story of the 2lb deflation go uncorrected for so long? Please don't insult our intelligence by saying they didn't notice the story was out there. They react instantaneously to false news reports when they want to (see the Shefter tweet about Brady only being allowed 4 hours to make his case. Aiello had a correction out there within minutes).

you keep saying that sarcastically...there's a lot of evidence that strongly suggests this is in fact the case. Why do you think the NFL let the story of the 2lb deflation go uncorrected for so long? Please don't insult our intelligence by saying they didn't notice the story was out there. They react instantaneously to false news reports when they want to (see the Shefter tweet about Brady only being allowed 4 hours to make his case. Aiello had a correction out there within minutes).

You poor persecuted Pats fans. My heart hurts for you. 

Deflating one set of balls affects 100% of the game. One side has the advantage over the other for the duration of the game.

Uhh no because the don't have an advantage when the other set of balls is being used. We're just arguing semantics here. It shouldn't matter if it affects 1% or 100% of the game, if you do something outside of the rule (with deliberate intent) it's cheating. 

lol. Sure if you misrepresent my post we do.

Hey, maybe we should do that from now and that will cut down our exchanges by like 99 percent. haha

I'm not the one acting like the NFL made this whole thing up just so Goodell could boost his image. One of us is delusional, and I'm the other one.

I'm not the one acting like the NFL made this whole thing up just so Goodell could boost his image. One of us is delusional, and I'm the other one.

Who said they made it up? Mishandled, incompetent, disingenuous with reports, that is more the point. Again, pretty much par for the course with this commish and his ego and inability to handle any disciplinary case properly ...

Also, can we keep personal insults out of it??

Uhh no because the don't have an advantage when the other set of balls is being used. We're just arguing semantics here. It shouldn't matter if it affects 1% or 100% of the game, if you do something outside of the rule (with deliberate intent) it's cheating. 

Respectfully disagree, when the other team is on offense and are using good balls they may not have the time they could have had the other team fumbled or dropped a ball but didn't because the 2 psi made the difference in holding onto the ball during a 60 yard TD run that now the offense has to hurry up to catch vs. punting/turning it over. One side completely affects the other.

Maybe if the ball was filled the entire way it would have reached Gronk instead of being intercepted by Jackson and then we wouldn't know about this.

Either way cheating is cheating, but I don't believe it is nearly the same as intending to injure because it's not rigging the game in one side's favor from the beginning like the Pats did.

Who said they made it up? Mishandled, incompetent, disingenuous with reports, that is more the point. Again, pretty much par for the course with this commish and his ego and inability to handle any disciplinary case properly ...

You seriously can't take someone calling you delusional after the embarrassing way you conducted yourself a month and a half ago before leaving the thread completely? You should be happy people still respond to you after that nonsense.

Deflection, par for the course.

Delusional = having false or unreasonable beliefs or expectations. I don't know why that's a personal insult, but whatever. How about this? You have false and unreasonable beliefs and/or expectations.

Yes, I have had those thoughts too. Kraft capitulating like he did is the biggest red flag to me on this being a snow job by the league to look big and bag against those cheating Pats. Perhaps he and Roger discussed Brady's appeal and the lessening of punishments? I dunno. Nothing at this point would surprise me but this thing has reeked from the start.

Roger can hear an appeal on integrity of the game issues it would appear, but the language appears that NFLPA is right and Roger also has to issue the original punishment, before being allowed to hear the appeal.  But language and legalese are sometimes foreign to me and many other ordinary citizens.  Sentences that appear to read (inferred) one way can actually be (implied) another or even the opposite.  So I'm not basing any assumption on how I think Article 46 reads.

I'm just in sit back mode for now... as everyone else should be.

Deflection, par for the course.

Delusional = having false or unreasonable beliefs or expectations. I don't know why that's a personal insult, but whatever. How about this? You have false and unreasonable beliefs and/or expectations.

I didn't deflect. I answered you point in my first sentence.

Defining delusional does not make it any less personal but have at it ... cheap shot IMO.

Respectfully disagree, when the other team is on offense and are using good balls they may not have the time they could have had the other team fumbled or dropped a ball but didn't because the 2 psi made the difference in holding onto the ball during a 60 yard TD run that now the offense has to hurry up to catch vs. punting/turning it over. One side completely affects the other.

Maybe if the ball was filled the entire way it would have reached Gronk instead of being intercepted by Jackson and then we wouldn't know about this.

Either way cheating is cheating, but I don't believe it is nearly the same as intending to injure because it's not rigging the game in one side's favor from the beginning like the Pats did.

Fair enough  :thmup:

Roger can hear an appeal on integrity of the game issues it would appear, but the language appears that NFLPA is right and Roger also has to issue the original punishment, before being allowed to hear the appeal.  But language and legalese are sometimes foreign to me and many other ordinary citizens.  Sentences that appear to read (inferred) one way can actually be (implied) another or even the opposite.  So I'm not basing any assumption on how I think Article 46 reads.

I'm just in sit back mode for now... as everyone else should be.

Yes, I have to believe Keesler gave them a lot to think about with his presentation on Tuesday. We will see what the NFL lawyers think of what was presented and how much they feel the CBA will be an issue if argued in court as well as the Wells report.

I didn't deflect. I answered you point in my first sentence.

Defining delusional does not make it any less personal but have at it ... cheap shot IMO.

Amazing.

Acting like this is about the NFL and Roger Goodell instead of being about Tom Brady and the Patriots breaking the rules (again) is entirely deflection. Entirely.

And IMO, there's nothing personal about saying that you have false or unreasonable beliefs and/or expectations. This is a(nother) deflection.

Amazing.

Acting like this is about the NFL and Roger Goodell instead of being about Tom Brady and the Patriots breaking the rules (again) is entirely deflection. Entirely.

And IMO, there's nothing personal about saying that you have false or unreasonable beliefs and/or expectations. This is a(nother) deflection.

Oh please. This is as much about the league as the Pats. Never in its history has the league ever cared about ball deflation and then they launch a shotty 100 day investigation with silly/freshman level science to try to back it up and never refute Mort's false report that set this thing ablaze. If you want to be blind to all of that and go with the narrative that this is solely about the Pats and their cheating ways have at it but there is much here to make any sensible person question why this supposed unproven violation has blown up the way it has. If you choose to ignore all of that then that is on you. You can believe whatever you want but calling me delusional on this aspect is laughable.

You know I disagree with pretty much everything you posted. If you need a reminder, read the archives.

so again - you laugh off the notion that the NFL has an agenda, but won't answer a simple question regarding their behavior in the immediate aftermath of this that very strongly suggests that they did. The fact is, the NFL was more than happy to let the notion that there was a major cheating scandal float out there even though there was no such scandal.

so again - you laugh off the notion that the NFL has an agenda, but won't answer a simple question regarding their behavior in the immediate aftermath of this that very strongly suggests that they did. The fact is, the NFL was more than happy to let the notion that there was a major cheating scandal float out there even though there was no such scandal.

Goodness.

How's this: I disagree with your assertion that the NFL's behavior/response suggests that they have an agenda. That being the case, I see little point to responding to the rest of what you're posting, since it's based on what I believe is a faulty premise. However, I have responded to your claims here in the past, and so I see even less point in tumbling down that rabbit hole again. Like I said, if you want to remind yourself of what I think about this, you can read my thoughts in the other 58 threads on this topic over the last six months. Or not.

Actually there was a scandal. Thus the fine, loss of draft picks and a 4 game suspension