Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton is not Bored... and don't call him old. :P

Gramz

Blame me. I started this thread.

IT was in no way intended to be another comparison thread. It was about Peyton and how he is approaching and embracing yet another change and how he feels about it and how he's dealing with it.

There's nothing wrong with the intended topic. 

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Please everyone, lets focus on Peyton in this topic.

I am very happy to see he is fired up and I would expect nothing else from him. Cant wait to see him play this year.

Oh yeah, I almost forgot what the original thread was about. Thanks for the reminder Shane. 

Blame me. I started this thread.

IT was in no way intended to be another comparison thread. It was about Peyton and how he is approaching and embracing yet another change and how he feels about it and how he's dealing with it.

Gramz, you did nothing wrong & you have nothing to apologize for. It's cool to see Manning this focused & renewed. #18's gonna love TE Owen Daniels. 

No disrespect intended to AMF, D13, or Yehoodi either. I always get a kick out of what you say anyway. 

At Peyton's age, it's impressive to see his work ethic & willingness to adapt. It's remarkable that he's so open & that he embraces Coach Kubiack's offense with no trepidation or fear. 

Oh yeah, I almost forgot what the original thread was about. Thanks for the reminder Shane. 

Gramz, you did nothing wrong & you have nothing to apologize for. It's cool to see Manning this focused & renewed. #18's gonna love TE Owen Daniels. 

At Peyton's age, it's impressive to see his work ethic & willingness to adapt. It's remarkable that he's so open & that he embraces Coach Kubiack's offense with no trepidation or fear. 

I missed the part where I was apologizing...??   haha

It's all Good.  Happy to see Peyton embracing another season.

Love The Sherrif...

I kinda like the idea of the true greats only having 1 ring (The Sherrif, The Old Gunslinger, The Golden Arm). There's a certain mysteria and rustic quality to those guys and I see it more and more with all the skeletons they keep finding in the Pats and 49ers closets.

I know Peyton dang sure wants another one though. The final years usually provide a newfound motivation, not that he wasn't motivated aka was bored before. See Favre from 2007-2009.

Hey, the Golden arm has three NFL Championship rings and a Super Bowl ring for a total of four.

Hey, the Golden arm has three NFL Championship rings and a Super Bowl ring for a total of four.

Yuo probably menat, AFC championship rings (3), and one Super Bowl.

Interesting factoid, last year Broncos ran shotgun 66% of offensive plays called.  Kubiak / Ravens ran Shotgun 23%, fewest in the NFL.

Yuo probably menat, AFC championship rings (3), and one Super Bowl.

Interesting factoid, last year Broncos ran shotgun 66% of offensive plays called. Kubiak / Ravens ran Shotgun 23%, fewest in the NFL.

He's talking about Unitas.

He's talking about Unitas.

Oh, my bad, if you don't read every single post, then one assumes vague posts are about the person in the thread topic. 

Not that I'm complaining, but it would be nice if folks veered from the topic, they addressed their post with an OT: make their point, then steer thread back on topic by posting something relevant to the actual thread.  I should try my own medicine sometime...   O.o:D

Now, will Peyton only run shotgun closer to 23%, or closer to last years 66%??

Oh, my bad, if you don't read every single post, then one assumes vague posts are about the person in the thread topic.

Not that I'm complaining, but it would be nice if folks veered from the topic, they addressed their post with an OT: make their point, then steer thread back on topic by posting something relevant to the actual thread. I should try my own medicine sometime... O.o:D

If I was the Bronco's coach, he'd be as far away from the pass rushers as possible lol.

Not that I'm complaining, but it would be nice if folks veered from the topic, they addressed their post with an OT: make their point, then steer thread back on topic by posting something relevant to the actual thread.  I should try my own medicine sometime...   O.o:D

To your shotgun question, I would closer to the 23 as that is the type of offense Kubiak likes with the play action and roll outs but I would think there would be some accommodation for Peyton as well so maybe around 40?

If I was the Bronco's coach, he'd be as far away from the pass rushers as possible lol.

Good point, Ty Sambrailo is likely stepping in at LT.  A few of us projected the Colts grabbing him in middle / late round in the draft.  He'll probably be ok there, once he gets his weight room in and ups his strength.  He delayed surgery last season on a labrum issue, and thus has lost strength during rehab when he finally had the surgery in the off season. And he's a rook, though with smarts and some talent.  Protecting Peyton's blind side, big job.  But Peyton's internal clock is more important to his scucess than a primo O-line.

That's what I'm wondering, Jaric...

Obviously play-action is more deceptive when you are under center.

But starting over center limits how quickly you can get rid of the ball.

But on obvious pass situations,. I'm hoping he'll be in the 'gun'

And I'd like to see it on 2nd down most of the time. too....its easier to blitz a non-running QB in a 5 or 7 step drop

But Kubiak knows all this

That's what I'm wondering, Jaric...

Obviously play-action is more deceptive when you are under center.

But starting over center limits how quickly you can get rid of the ball.

But on obvious pass situations,. I'm hoping he'll be in the 'gun'

And I'd like to see it on 2nd down most of the time. too....its easier to blitz a non-running QB in a 5 or 7 step drop

But Kubiak knows all this

I remember reading somewhere that they were thinking of using the pistol formation a lot vs the shot gun. I will try to find the article.

Are you calling Favre "the texter" honorable?

How is texting your unmentionables to a single girl in any way comparable to cheating in football?  You can have honor in different things because of context, social stigmas and norms between societies, and other variables.  But cheating in sports is universally wrong.

How is texting your unmentionables to a single girl in any way comparable to cheating in football?  You can have honor in different things because of context, social stigmas and norms between societies, and other variables.  But cheating in sports is universally wrong.

The former is much, much worse and criminal given the photos were unwanted.

I can't believe he is 39 now already. Man where has the time gone......

I agree. I remember watching him at University of Tennessee. ...which in some ways doesn't seem that long ago and in other ways seems like a lifetime ago.

I am happy to see him embracing another season and laughing at the idea that 39 is old. Wait until you get to be my age. haha

The former is much, much worse and criminal given the photos were unwanted.

Again, by certain societies. Killing yourself is terrible, but in certain situations in Japan it was considered honorable.

Cheating in sports is criminal in that sport and can result in lifetime bans.

Besides the part about people out of Sterger's own camp shooting that whole story down, am has apparently also forgot that Tom Brady has a child whose mother wouldn't name the child Brady and only lets the child see Tom because the court said she has to.

Not that I personally care...and am probably doesn't either. He just thinks he can use that type of thing against 1 guy in comparison to his idol on some forum spat. And watch it'll suddenly be small potatos or somehow different for Brady after that information.

Wow. You are really reaching here ...

I'm not trying to say what he did was ok, but "honor" is subjective and that's the point I was making. Plus you were trying to compare his off field issue with everyone else's on field cheating.

Do Pats fans have to derail every Peyton thread? Peyton is definitely in their heads, much like the Yankees are in Red Sox fans' heads, lol :). I still feel Brady plays bigger than Peyton in key moments but I also feel Peyton has been surrounded by coaches who never made as good adjustments like Belichick has done in game and entire game planning, just my two cents.

Any of you here come to work where you don't feel like giving 100% on a certain day with other things on your mind? It happens. I have been with my current employer for 14 years and would be lying if I did not have those days. New things to learn and the challenges that come with it as a software consultant is what keeps me going.

So, I think it is a good thing that Peyton is pushed out of his comfort zone to learn new nuances of Kubiak's system, IMO. The only thing Peyton cannot beat is father time should an injury like last year happen and hopefully we get to see all marquee QBs healthy and duking it out for the AFC title.

Always wondered why we think so much alike

Turns out we even work in similar professions lol.

Back on topic. I just hope Kubiak is great for Peyton. I'm very curious to see what kind of offense will evolve out of the Kubiak and Peyton minds!

I'm not trying to say what he did was ok, but "honor" is subjective and that's the point I was making. Plus you were trying to compare his off field issue with everyone else's on field cheating.

To be honest, Favre is the last person/player I think of when I think of the word honor off or on the field, http://www.opposingviews.com/i/brett-favre-the-most-selfish-player-in-nfl-history

Ok, so he likes the spotlight...

But did he cheat?

Like you said, we all define honor differently. I read the book his wife wrote about his cheating in their marriage, drug addiction/drinking, and all around misery he caused her with his lifestyle and I have never felt so bad for someone.  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paula-duffy/is-brett-favres-latest-sc_b_772061.html

Everybody knows about the painkiller thing and the drinking thing, including the part about them only happening once and about him owning up to every bit of it. I'll even throw another 1 in that doesn't get talked about much. Favre supposedly banged some news reporter before he and D were married (but still together). That's really not that bad of a record and either way your idol's is alot worse.

Everybody knows about the painkiller thing and the drinking thing, including the part about them only happening once and about him owning up to every bit of it. I'll even throw another 1 in that doesn't get talked about much. Favre supposedly banged some news reporter before he and D were married (but still together). That's really not that bad of a record and either way your idol's is alot worse.

You obviously did not read her book. His transgressions were many and non-stop. Like I said, one of the saddest books ever except for her beating cancer.