Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

wellsreportcontext.com - pats declares WAR against wells/NFL

Bones_Jones

great conclusion.  verdict - not guilty

In summary I believe the data available on ball pressures can be explained on the basis of physical law, without manipulation. The scientific analysis in the Wells Report was a good attempt to seek the truth, however, it was based on data that are simply insufficient. In experimental science to reach a meaningful conclusion we make measurements multiple times under well-defined physical conditions. This is how we deal with the error or ‘spread’ of measured values. In the pressure measurements physical conditions were not very well-defined and major uncertainties, such as which gauge was used in pre-game measurements, affect conclusions. Finally, the claim of a statistically significant difference in pressure drop between the two team balls regardless of which gauge was used did not account for the fact that the Colts balls were apparently measured at the end of halftime since the officials ran out of time and made only four measurements – in other words, the Colts balls were measured after the Patriots balls and had warmed up more. For the above reasons, the Wells Report conclusion that physical law cannot explain the pressures is incorrect.

Roderick MacKinnon
Professor, Nobel Laureate Chemistry

Brady still needs to sue the league for defamation.    i would sue for $500 mil and settle for $300 mil. 

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Idk how you guys are even laughing these explanations are getting to stupid for me to laugh at I actually feel bad for these people

And that's the thing, too. The Patriot's rebuttal was so bad, I actually feel bad for them. It's absolutely cringeworthy.

But that's what happens when you're a lawyer tasked to defend someone who's so obviously guilty from the evidence on hand... The defense ends up sounding something like an alien conspiracy.

good informative read

http://mmqb.si.com/2015/01/22/deflategate-video-how-nfl-officials-check-game-ball-pressure/

another good link talking about ball pressure

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/10/is-football-inflation-a-big-deal-its-too-late-for-the-nfl-to-say-it-isnt/

“12.5, that’s close enough,” one official says after cramming the gauge into the ball, pulling it out, and tossing it to another official. In another portion of that same video, an official is alarmed by the amount of air hissing out of the ball before adjusting the valve on the gauge, popping it in again, and then flipping it to someone else, presumably because it was “close enough.”

this whole thing really is a joke.

And that's the thing, too. The Patriot's rebuttal was so bad, I actually feel bad for them. It's absolutely cringeworthy.

But that's what happens when you're a lawyer tasked to defend someone who's so obviously guilty from the evidence on hand... The defense ends up sounding something like an alien conspiracy.

yeah I know I just can't fathom that there are this many dumb people in NE

how so? it's brilliant.    after all it's probably written by the smartest dudes who probably went to haaaarvard.  

great conclusion.  verdict - not guilty

Brady still needs to sue the league for defamation.    i would sue for $500 mil and settle for $300 mil. 

lol defamation.  It won't do any good to actually discuss the proof required for Brady to win, given the history of your posts.  But even your Patriots fans on Footballfutures.com know that a defamation suit is impossible.

Settle for $300 million....  Brady would lose so bad, he'd owe the NFL attorney fees.

michael irvin is the man

http://www.danpatrick.com/2015/05/14/irvin-talks-about-how-troy-aikman-preferred-footballs/

"Are we going to destroy all this greatness this man has done over P S I???"

Irvin knows Brady is the GOAT.   the rest of the fans who hate won brady are so disrespectful.   Brady is the GOAT by a mile.  that's why hate is so much bigger.   this is a sad american story

lol defamation.  It won't do any good to actually discuss the proof required for Brady to win, given the history of your posts.  But even your Patriots fans on Footballfutures.com know that a defamation suit is impossible.

Settle for $300 million....  Brady would lose so bad, he'd owe the NFL attorney fees.

brady and gisell's combined wealth is like 500 mil.   and entire pats fan base is behind brady.  TON OF WEALTHY ones too. 

brady and gisell's combined wealth is like 500 mil.   and entire pats fan base is behind brady.  TON OF WEALTHY ones too. 

If the Boston populace is so okay with throwing money away, I've got a mortgage they can pay off. That will at least go to a good cause as opposed to flushing it down the toilet.

Harvard & MIT alone probably produces more presidents, senators, governors, billionaires, CEOs, and many other top one percenters than entire midwest schools combined

You would have a better argument saying the footballs were heroin addicts, and McNally "the deflator" was just giving them some methadone.

michael irvin is the man

http://www.danpatrick.com/2015/05/14/irvin-talks-about-how-troy-aikman-preferred-footballs/

"Are we going to destroy all this greatness this man has done over P S I???"

Irvin knows Brady is the GOAT.   the rest of the fans who hate won brady are so disrespectful.   Brady is the GOAT by a mile.  that's why hate is so much bigger.   this is a sad american story

Brady is nowhere near the GOAT time by a mile. I'm not going to argue who the greatest of all time is, it might even have been Brady before he was a known cheater, but it was never anywhere approaching a mile.

Also, as a friendly piece of advice, people might take you more seriously if your username wasn't the nickname of another disgraced candidate for GOAT in his respective sport that happens to be a known cocaine addict that just performed a hit-&-run on a woman. 

Harvard & MIT alone probably produces more presidents, senators, governors, billionaires, CEOs, and many other top one percenters than entire midwest schools combined

I love it when people use "probably" and they have no idea what they're talking about.  Makes me really care what they have to say.

bottom line, there are ton of holes in this report.  too many to list.  pats hired smarted people in the world to dissect this sham of a report and they really nailed everything.

Speaking of schools. If I could go back in time then I would have studied to become a therapist, because there will be a thriving market in the Boston area for them soon.

On that note you can go deflate yourself you elitist snob..........

Brady is nowhere near the GOAT time by a mile. I'm not going to argue who the greatest of all time is, it might even have been Brady before he was a known cheater, but it was never anywhere approaching a mile.

Also, as a friendly piece of advice, people might take you more seriously if your username wasn't the nickname of another disgraced candidate for GOAT in his respective sport that happens to be a known cocaine addict that just performed a hit-&-run on a woman. 

Brady is the greatest it really isn't a debate to me.  I have peyton at #2.   i appreciate peyton's greatness too.   I actually LOVE peyton manning. love his game.  i know a great one when i see one.   i know deep inside you guys know brady is a great friggin QB too.    IMO, peyton is a much better QB than the rest of the great QB including montana, favre, young, marino, unitas, etc, etc.

but i'm a brady guy, so i have brady at #1.  but brady really does have the best resume of all. 

On that note you can go deflate yourself you elitist snob..........

only speaking the truth.   i never went to ivy league.  i went to a big prominent public school in big ten.   but i'm not gonna be bitter about it.   i wished i could get into ivy league, but i couldn't.

only speaking the truth.   i never went to ivy league.  i went to a big prominent public school in big ten.   but i'm not gonna be bitter about it.   i wished i could get into ivy league, but i couldn't.

My boyfriend was Ivy when I was in college, most of the time you have to have money already to pull it off which he DID. And our test scores were almost identical but he had the serious money over me.

So it's elitist as hell IMO. Ugh this thread likely gets locked now eventually anyway.......

only speaking the truth. i never went to ivy league. i went to a big prominent public school in big ten. but i'm not gonna be bitter about it. i wished i could get into ivy league, but i couldn't.

You missed English class a few times I'm assuming.

Brady is the greatest it really isn't a debate to me. I have peyton at #2. i appreciate peyton's greatness too. I actually LOVE peyton manning. love his game. i know a great one when i see one. i know deep inside you guys know brady is a great friggin QB too. IMO, peyton is a much better QB than the rest of the great QB including montana, favre, young, marino, unitas, etc, etc.

but i'm a brady guy, so i have brady at #1. but brady really does have the best resume of all.

Except Brady didn't have big enough hands to grip properly inflated footballs nor had running backs that couldn't hold onto properly inflated footballs either.

Sorry sorry, but yes he is the (greatest of all time)* he just didn't follow the same rules... doh sorry there I go again... it's like a pattern... I'm trying not to be a repeat offender because to the best of my knowledge I'm not... dang it dunno why I couldn't just say I wasn't... sorry again it's gotta be because everyone else says they aren't and I'm losing weight and people call me the deflator...

bottom line, there are ton of holes in this report. too many to list. pats hired smarted people in the world to dissect this sham of a report and they really nailed everything.

Assuming you were unavailable to join the dissection of the report?

Hopefully you're crew of extraordinary gentlemen could look over this new state of matter science discovered. We need electrical components with lower heat emission A.S.A.P.

After you are done ripping the NFL of course.

Except Brady didn't have big enough hands to grip properly inflated footballs nor had running backs that couldn't hold onto properly inflated footballs either.

Sorry sorry, but yes he is the (greatest of all time)* he just didn't follow the same rules... doh sorry there I go again... it's like a pattern... I'm trying not to be a repeat offender because to the best of my knowledge I'm not... dang it dunno why I couldn't just say I wasn't... sorry again it's gotta be because everyone else says they aren't and I'm losing weight and people call me the deflator...

so misinformed.  brady is 6ft 4 3/8.  he doesn't have small hands either.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4759228/combine-report-qbs-and-hand-size

"We asked him to come to New England in inclement weather and try to throw the football and control the football; where you have someone like Tom Brady, who has an enormous hand," he recalled.

"You look at the pictures of Tommy holding a football, part of his accuracy is based on his hand size," he explained. "So things like that, in terms of measurements, they have value.”

i provided factual evidences.  i didn't make those websites.  it existed even before deflategate.

and the word 'deflate' was used in May.  say it with me - MAY

Are you a language professor that wants to go into historic terms on a word? 

so misinformed. brady is 6ft 4 3/8. he doesn't have small hands either.

http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england-patriots/post/_/id/4759228/combine-report-qbs-and-hand-size

"We asked him to come to New England in inclement weather and try to throw the football and control the football; where you have someone like Tom Brady, who has an enormous hand," he recalled.

"You look at the pictures of Tommy holding a football, part of his accuracy is based on his hand size," he explained. "So things like that, in terms of measurements, they have value.”

Oh not misinformed at all I agree with you! He's the (greatest of all time)*!!!

If you never attended an Ivy league, then why brag about them? Does it feel good to suck up to them when you know you'll never become bourgeoisie level elite?