Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

colts select denzelle good T

CR91

I remember playing lynhurst middle school in football like 3 years ago. Were you coaching then

Nope- I coached wrestling from 98-2007. Also coached football for a couple of seasons before they merged middle schools. Before the merger they had like 13 helmets, now they are equipped like a small college.

Has anyone found out about this guy yet? (besides the highschool clip)  Anyone find college tape? or am I the only one who is so intrigued by this pick that i find myself thinking about it alot?  The guy was HUGE in that high school clip, i know they were just high schoolers but man, he was like a bulldozer.  If he was 1/2 as effective in college, and 1/2 that in the pro's, even if he cannot pass protect, seems to me he could be used as a goal line or big package short yardage blocker.  But I would LOVE to see something recent on him.

Shot in the dark here.  But the way they picked him, and that no-one (not even the sports analyst's) knew who he was, that he was set as their last pick from before the draft even started.  I mean, in the press conference they stated Colts went and watched his drills and saw his combine and spoke with him many times over the past few weeks.  I bet you Grigson thinks he got not just a steal, but a needle in a hay-stack that no-one knew about.

Grigs said he is up to 340 lbs and after his workout he was dunking basketballs.  Apparently he is a very good athlete for his size.... also said he had a 30 or higher on his Wonderlick which is pretty darn good for an OL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vwYGk-gF9_M

That's all I can find on him so far

lol watching that, all i see him pushing around are guys that look like they dont weight anything over 220 lbs. I think it was the second or third team number 18 looked like he weighted 185 soak and wet lol. if this is all he faced are small guys, guys like Watt are gonna have a field day with him. upside though his college profile says his last school was at NC State. wonder why he switched to a very small school

I can't see this video because I'm at work.  Somebody posted it in a fan post on stampedeblue.com.

It's supposed to be video of him playing or either practicing when he was at NC State.

http://recruiting.sc...n-denzelle-good

Don't know what it looks like but I'll check it out when I get home

it was a spring game, but he looked good. the Dlineman was swatting at him and everything and he stuck on him pushing him 15 yards back. I am curious though on to why he went from Division 1 to JCO (i am assuming it is junior college, but i do not know) something I read, only said he was released from his scholorship from NC State with another player 

Grigs said he is up to 340 lbs and after his workout he was dunking basketballs.  Apparently he is a very good athlete for his size.... also said he had a 30 or higher on his Wonderlick which is pretty darn good for an OL.

but why was he released from his scholarship with another student at NC State in just his freshman year? all that is being said is he didnt live up to expectations. but that is it. 

but why was he released from his scholarship with another student at NC State in just his freshman year? all that is being said is he didnt live up to expectations. but that is it. 

I don't know, but I imagine a lot of us that went to college did some pretty stupid things during our freshman year.

lol watching that, all i see him pushing around are guys that look like they dont weight anything over 220 lbs. I think it was the second or third team number 18 looked like he weighted 185 soak and wet lol. if this is all he faced are small guys, guys like Watt are gonna have a field day with him. upside though his college profile says his last school was at NC State. wonder why he switched to a very small school

you seen the weight issue also huh? guys he was blocking looked to be 200 lbs less then him lol. kinda reminds me of Michael Ohr though.

That video is clearly of his high school highlights . . .

you seen the weight issue also huh? guys he was blocking looked to be 200 lbs less then him lol. kinda reminds me of Michael Ohr though. 

I wouldn't call it blocking. More like bulldozing them. 

rectum damn near killed em

makes you wonder what really happened for him to be released. he was the number 6 ranked offensive guard by scout.com. something must have happened that they refrained from mentioning.

Maybe he couldn't stop eating pizza and doughnuts.

Found the answer we were looking for.

He transferred to Mars Hill due to academic problems.

http://www.gaffneyledger.com/news/2013-11-29/Sports/Former_GHS_Shrine_Bowler_picks_up_honor.html

"Three years ago, Denzelle Good’s football future looked uncertain.

Now, it couldn’t be brighter.

The former Gaffney High Shrine Bowl offensive tackle was named to the all conference first team by the South Atlantic Conference.

Good was among five Mars Hill Lions named to the first team.

The selection caps an amazing turnaround for Good who was out of football after leaving North Carolina State.

Good signed with the Wolfpack but redshirted his freshman year after surgery.

He participated in the Wolfpack’s 2010 spring game but he couldn’t finish out the season because of academic problems.

He was sitting at home two years ago when he responded to a knock on the door from Mars Hill assistant coach Jonathan Sarratt."

At first I was like why in the heck did we draft some D2 OT? I mean I was just like why? You know we could have gotten him as an UDFA and picked Ifo Ekpre Olomu. But anyways after looking into it and reading about him I have a good feeling about this kid. He was a highly ranked prospect first up, then he's absolutely huge, and to go along with being 6'6 340ish he's pretty athletic. I think he has some potential. We can put him on the PS this year and hopefully by next year he can end up being a gem.

At first I was like why in the heck did we draft some D2 OT? I mean I was just like why? You know we could have gotten him as an UDFA and picked Ifo Ekpre Olomu. But anyways after looking into it and reading about him I have a good feeling about this kid. He was a highly ranked prospect first up, then he's absolutely huge, and to go along with being 6'6 340ish he's pretty athletic. I think he has some potential. We can put him on the PS this year and hopefully by next year he can end up being a gem.

Near the end of the draft Bill Polian said that the 7th round is where you want to draft OTs and QBs that have potential because the UDFA market for players at those position is VERY competitive, and its really tough to sign an OT then. So it looks like Grigs did the right thing to spend a draft pick on him.