• Beat jags go 3-13
    • Lose to jags/ get the first pick

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you worry about the draft at draft time not during the season

Or what?

Will the sky open up and the Ghost of John Unitas will pelt me with footballs?

Will Peyton's neck not heal right?

Will Bill Polian choke Jim Irsay and declare Chris supreme commander of all things Colts?

Cats and dogs living together?

Mass hysteria?

Newsflash, our season is effectively over. There really isn't all that much to talk about but the draft.

So if you don't mind, I'm going to keep my fan card, and root for the outcome that puts the team I spend so much time cheering for in the best possible position to succede. Because that's what fans do.

Or what?

Will Bill Polian choke Jim Irsay and declare Chris supreme commander of all things Colts?

Mass hysteria?

Newsflash, our season is effectively over. There really isn't all that much to talk about but the draft.

So if you don't mind, I'm going to keep my fan card, and root for the outcome that puts the team I spend so much time cheering for in the best possible position to succede. Because that's what fans do.

season not over till the last game in Feb....

Or what?

Mass hysteria?

The season isnt exactly over with 1 more game to go :). But the season IS pointless anyways. Sucks for you and others though, the colts have a realistic and good chance to win against the jags. That means #3 pick here we come

Lose Lose Lose. Not tank but lose. There is a huge difference between #1 and #2 or 3 pick. I will be rooting against the Colts and at the same time rooting FOR their future. Not hard to understand. NOBODY cares if we are 2-14 or 3-13. They will all just remember we were horrible this season.

Please remember the board rules folks. It is not cool to question another person's fandom. Obviously we're all fans or we wouldn't be here. (aside from the occasional troll of course :) )

Thank you for saying this

I'd like to add, last night was a little big ugly here with fans calling each other names.

Let's chalk it up to the heat of the moment and let it go

at what? to draft a QB (Luck) who could end up being a flop, stop drolling over a college QB who has done nothing in the NFL.

Unless you are Jim Irsay or Chris Polian you have no idea what will happen if we get the #1 pick. It could be traded or we could get someone else. Either way the #1 pick is still the best opportunity to improve the team.

at what? to draft a QB (Luck) who could end up being a flop, stop drolling over a college QB who has done nothing in the NFL.

Stop assuming things you don't have any idea about.

If we pick luck or not is irrelevent for this discussion. What is relevent is that the first overall pick puts us in a significantly better position moving forward next year.

Far better than going 3-13 vs 2-14 does.

And since I care about the long term future of the team, I'm hoping for the outcome that gives them the best chance of success.

Do we get some kind of trophy for winning 3 games instead of to. Oh Yeaaaahhhh the trophy is Jim Caldwell and a number 3 pick. Those of us wanting us to get number 1 pick r fans. COLTS fans. We care about the future of the organization and under stand PM won't play forever.

Do we get some kind of trophy for winning 3 games instead of to. Oh Yeaaaahhhh the trophy is Jim Caldwell and a number 3 pick. Those of us wanting us to get number 1 pick r fans. COLTS fans. We care about the future of the organization and under stand PM won't play forever.

The other COLTS fans are loyal to PM and do also undertsnad he wont play forever. whats the rush? Why do some of you want luck so bady and stall his chances to get another SB if we trade the pick away? Hold on a sec. I DO want the #1 pick now. it will be better to trade it. A win feels good, but the #1 pick is what all of us were certain we were gonna get. Thats what all of us were arguing about (take luck or trade the pick). In the end we still would of had the #1 pick. I somewhat want us to lose this game. To put the team in better position and trade the pick away

Stop assuming things you don't have any idea about.

If we pick luck or not is irrelevent for this discussion. What is relevent is that the first overall pick puts us in a significantly better position moving forward next year.

Far better than going 3-13 vs 2-14 does.

And since I care about the long term future of the team, I'm hoping for the outcome that gives them the best chance of success.

Agree 100%. This is not about LUCK....but about the 1st pick and the choices that provides. Trade....or pick ANYONE we want to help the long term success (ie - not worried about someone trading up, taking a player we targeted, etc....)

I have been a fan since the Baltimore days....and the only positive thing this season is that we got the #1 pick. 2-14....3-13....nothing to be happy about at all.

To want this team to win is so very short sighted.....

A win next Sunday changes NOTHING -- A loss and the #1 pick sets this team up to either take their next franchise QB or trade that pick for a load of picks to use next year and going forward.

To win and get a #3 pick....gets you a good college player and nothing else.

Anyone who wants this team to do well in 2012 and beyond really should be rooting for them to get the #1 pick next April.

To want this team to win is so very short sighted.....

A win next Sunday changes NOTHING -- A loss and the #1 pick sets this team up to either take their next franchise QB or trade that pick for a load of picks to use next year and going forward.

To win and get a #3 pick....gets you a good college player and nothing else.

Anyone who wants this team to do well in 2012 and beyond really should be rooting for them to get the #1 pick next April.

I disagree...The #1, #3 pick is still a good spot to be in. If you can"t get Luck then Blackmon would also be a good choice.

I actually think Barkley was better than Luck but Barckley is staying in school.

I was originally torn, but bottom line I just want our colts to play & whatever happens happens. I don't think the world will end if we don't get luck or the 1st pick, though I understand the importance. GO COLTS ! :lombardi: :manning: :coltshelmet:

Agree, some on here think the Colts will drown and never be good if you don't get the 1st pick.. The Colts haven't been in the top 10 for the last 10 yrs for the draft.

Agree, some on here think the Colts will drown and never be good if you don't get the 1st pick.. The Colts haven't been in the top 10 for the last 10 yrs for the draft.

Great point......but what happened the last time they had the #1 pick? As bad as this yr was, that is a consolation prize.

Why don't you want us to be in the best position to win next season?

You must hate the colts. Turn in your fan card.

At this point FO has pretty much said they will use 1st pick and not trade... Well I think a Colts Fan card holder, wants a pick in the draft that could effect and help team for next 10 years, not a pick where the pick holds a clip board for 3 or 4 years and contributes for 6 years... 4 years from now

Losing Thursday night would have been best for the draft pick but, many players are doing their best not only for the team but for their own future, be it be with the colt's or their value to another team (Orlovski, Bracket, Wayne, Garcon, Mathess, etc). I see us beating Jax. Top draft pick's don't always perform as well as expected.

In any other game I will be cheering for us to win just like any other Colts fan would.

However, one win can't help this franchise - but it could harm it. A defeat means we have the #1 pick. I know it's wrong and we should want to win every game, but I think we should/will/I hope we lose the game.

I have a feeling some fans want to win out just to avoid the controversy of Luck-Mann.

The constant controversy is well worth it IMO.

A good problem to have as they say

^This. The only way that the number 1 pick has great value to this team for the next few years if Manning's healthy is if they trade Luck to restock the team.. Since I don't believe they will do that, all the number one pick does for at least the next 1-2 years is add controversy and strife. I'd love to avoid that. We can still get a good prospect at another point in the draft. If I thought they'd trade the pick to restock the talent on our team, I MIGHT be able to get on board the suck for Luck train. As it is, I think it takes us into dangerous territory.

But then, I'm not going to be upset if we win or lose, draft luck or not, trade luck or not. I'll trust that there are people have a LOT more info than me to make that decision. The only thing that would upset me is if they traded or cut Manning. I wouldn't stop being a colts fan, but I'd lose respect for the management if they did that.

And then I'd be really torn if he played the Colts from whatever team he landed on. :)

I disagree...The #1, #3 pick is still a good spot to be in. If you can"t get Luck then Blackmon would also be a good choice.

I actually think Barkley was better than Luck but Barckley is staying in school.

If they're at #1 they can still trade down and get Blackmon if they want him.....can't do that if you dont get the #1 to start with.

Why don't you want us to be in the best position to win next season?

You must hate the colts. Turn in your fan card.

How would getting Andrew Luck put us in the best position to win next season? I mean, he won't play, so that's $6 million flushing down the toilet, not helping the team. $24 million by the time he takes a snap (potentially).

Turn in your fan card.

How would getting Andrew Luck put us in the best position to win next season? I mean, he won't play, so that's $6 million flushing down the toilet, not helping the team. $24 million by the time he takes a snap (potentially).

Turn in your fan card.

For the millionth time, this has nothing to do with Andrew Luck. It has everything to do with the value the first overall pick provides compared to the second or third.

For the millionth time, this has nothing to do with Andrew Luck. It has everything to do with the value the first overall pick provides compared to the second or third.

Please explain the value? Its 50/50 a college player will tun into a HOF. If the Colts get the 3rd pick they can still trade down or take someone with that pick that may or may not help the team.