Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Horseshoe Logo Only!

ColtRider

Have been curious for the last few seasons about the Horseshoe Logo with Helmet on the 50 yard line. Would like to see the feedback from ColtsFans if the organization decided to put the Horseshoe Logo ONLY on the 50 outlined in white of course and dropping the helmet. Right now, I believe we are the only team left in the league with the outdated helmet.

Thoughts and comments appreciated ... Go ...

Would look good. They won't change it though.....

As the Colts say. "Don't worry Colts fans. Wouldn't change a classic."

That was in regards to their uniforms. 

They may put it on the 50 yard line. Does anyone know the last time they changed the field logo? 

Does it matter? Can you honestly say that when you are watching a home game, you are looking at the logo on the field and not the play that is happening?

They could put a deformed llama with an eye-patch in a pink frilly hat on the 50 for all I care.

Does it matter? Can you honestly say that when you are watching a home game, you are looking at the logo on the field and not the play that is happening?

They could put a deformed llama with an eye-patch in a pink frilly hat on the 50 for all I care.

Because it's the offseason on an NFL message board

So, Chucklez, should I put you down as a "no"? Besides, yes, it does matter. Would like to think that fans would give input to what's going on their home field. And, please spare me the sarcasm about not watching the games.

Ditto.  Well - it is the off-season.

Man, this is a tough crowd! :) I really thought we would get some good insightful suggestions here. With the exception of a few, that hasn't happened. Curious. Seems to me that the fans would want to invoke a more positive feedback, regardless if you want to change the logo or not. The "I don't care crowd" is a little disingenuous it seems to me. Then again, maybe not. A lot of people these days do not care about much anyway.

Have been curious for the last few seasons about the Horseshoe Logo with Helmet on the 50 yard line. Would like to see the feedback from ColtsFans if the organization decided to put the Horseshoe Logo ONLY on the 50 outlined in white of course and dropping the helmet. Right now, I believe we are the only team left in the league with the outdated helmet.

Thoughts and comments appreciated ... Go ...

Not something I have ever thought of and personally, have never thought of the 50 yard-line Colts helmet as outdated.  I don't think the horseshoe by its lonesome would bring any additional excitement.

So, Chucklez, should I put you down as a "no"? Besides, yes, it does matter. Would like to think that fans would give input to what's going on their home field. And, please spare me the sarcasm about not watching the games.

I didnt say you don't watch the games.... my point was actually quite the opposite in that when you are watching the game, why would you be looking at whats printed on the 50 yard line rather than what is actually happening in the game... Whether its just the 'shoe or the 'shoe on a helmet.... it doesnt matter.