Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Players most likely to fall on draft day?

I see someone like Denzel Perryman falling to 2nd/3rd round- some teams may see him as 2 down LB and might not risk a 1st round for someone like that. If he somehow fell to the 3rd at our pick, I would take him.

Also as seen in a few mock drafts, Landon Collins could fall to us.

If we are both correct Dustin, that would be an amazing draft for us with Collins, Phillips and Perryman in the 1st 3 picks. Our defense would be such a beast against the run.

PJ Williams for the DUI how he is handling it and the hit and run earlier in the year looks more suspicious He could drop to the 3rd

Havenstein had a horrible combine I would let him fall right to us

Paul Dawson slow 40 off field stuff again fall to us

Andrus Peat. Stanford has a lot of offensive linemen drafted pretty high, only to be mediocre in the NFL.

Huh?

Which Stanford lineman have been drafted high only to be mediocre?

The only first round pick recently is David DeCastro.    And he's terrific.

Johnathan Martin.    Drafted too high.

Anyone else?     Who am I forgetting?

I'm counting on all running backs to fall a round or two past what they're graded. I think Gurley will be the only one taken in the first round (number 27 to the Cowboys).

I've been saying the same thing for months all those backs aren't going in the top 100 you will be able to grab a quality back in the 4/5 round

Huh?

Which Stanford lineman have been drafted high only to be mediocre?

The only first round pick recently is David DeCastro. And he's terrific.

Johnathan Martin. Drafted too high.

Anyone else? Who am I forgetting?

Perhaps one person he is referring to is Kwame Harris.

Who may drop this year? Randy Gregory. Before reports surfaced that he tested positive for marijuana at the Combine, he seemed to be going in the top ten. I can see him dropping to late in the first round.

Perhaps one person he is referring to is Kwame Harris.

Who may drop this year? Randy Gregory. Before reports surfaced that he tested positive for marijuana at the Combine, he seemed to be going in the top ten. I can see him dropping to late in the first round.

Harris.     Good memory.     He said recent and I believe Kwame is roughly 12-14 years ago, so I didn't think of him as "recent"...

Also,  his time was not only under different coaches,  but different strength programs as well.

Since the Harbaugh/Shaw duo arrived,  it's a whole new world at Stanford.

I suspect Peat will turn into a very good pro.    I'll be surprised and disappointed if he doesn't.

Harris. Good memory. He said recent and I believe Kwame is roughly 12-14 years ago, so I didn't think of him as "recent"...

Also, his time was not only under different coaches, but different strength programs as well.

Since the Harbaugh/Shaw duo arrived, it's a whole new world at Stanford.

I suspect Peat will turn into a very good pro. I'll be surprised and disappointed if he doesn't.

I could not think of anyone recent besides Johnathan Martin. So, I went back a few years. For a moment there I thought the poster was referring to David Yankey or Cam Fleming but they were late round picks. Let's see if he replies to you.

So, who do you believe will drop this year?

I could not think of anyone recent besides Johnathan Martin. So, I went back a few years. For a moment there I thought the poster was referring to David Yankey or Cam Fleming but they were late round picks. Let's see if he replies to you.

So, who do you believe will drop this year?

Not sure yet who might drop....

Off the top of my head, my first guess is Denzel Perryman from Miami.    Pulled a hammie at both the combine and his pro day.  That could cost him some money.    But I'm guessing one round, from 2nd to 3rd.

Perhaps a WR...  but I don't know who?    There are a lot of quality WR's and someone is bound to be this year's Dante Moncrief and have a team stunned that he's still there....    It's just too hard to know right now....   I'm still about a week or so away from my top-100 and then 4-round breakdown....

Yes, I was thinking Kwame Harris and J. Martin. Both drafted fairly high and were mediocre.  Peat doesn't` seem to have mean streak in him. More of a finesse guy, so that's where the thought process in him falling out of 1st is.

PJ hurt himself the most by far, but if he DID fall to us at #2 we'd be fools not to grab him. I HIGHLY doubt he does, but it would be great.

I wouldn't doubt that Collins falls from a top 10-15 players all the way down to 20-25. He's a liability as a cover guy and the memory of Barron still lingers..

Harris.     Good memory.     He said recent and I believe Kwame is roughly 12-14 years ago, so I didn't think of him as "recent"...

Also,  his time was not only under different coaches,  but different strength programs as well.

Since the Harbaugh/Shaw duo arrived,  it's a whole new world at Stanford.

I suspect Peat will turn into a very good pro.    I'll be surprised and disappointed if he doesn't.

I think Peat could fall. All the scouts love his athleticism and upside, but each one I have heard comment on him is he basically has the same disposition of Jonathan Martin. He does not have that "nasty" streak a OL needs, so they worry about his transition.

PJ Williams will fall further than some think. Sammie Coates, Mario Edwards Jr. Hau'oli Kikaha, and Anthony Chickillo are all guys that I think are going to go a bit later than they're widely projected to. 

You think Kikaha is going to drop from the 3rd or so where I've seen him projected?  I think he gets drafted sooner than that.

You think Kikaha is going to drop from the 3rd or so where I've seen him projected?  I think he gets drafted sooner than that.

I'm thinking more like the 4th or 5th round for him to be honest. He's not scheme versatile, he's got a lengthy injury history, and he had an awful pro day. His college stats should intrigue some 3-4 team enough to take a chance on him, but some scouts also think he's a product of the system. I'd be more surprised if he went in the top 40 picks than I would be if he went undrafted. I'd definitely have him on the radar if I was in charge of the Colts though, as he has great production and fits in a base 3-4.