Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

P.J. Williams arrested on DUI earlier this morning.

A DUI coupled with a hit and run in 2014 + he's not that good. 

not that great at all hyped and overrated because of coming from that fsu defense and darby on the other side he's decent but i could see him fall to the 5th or 6th round now buti'd prefer to look elsewhere for a CB

Undrafted is a major stretch... I'd say late 2nd to mid 3rd. No way 1st round talent goes undrafted because of a single DUI. No matter the previous baggage.

I agree, but we're not talking about first round talent.

Undrafted is a major stretch... I'd say late 2nd to mid 3rd. No way 1st round talent goes undrafted because of a single DUI. No matter the previous baggage. 

I don't believe he's a 1st round talent.   I think he as 2nd/3rd round before this.

He'll drop.    Without knowing what else might be in his file,  I'm not sure he's off the board,  but he'll drop.

some team will take a chance. I cant see him going undrafted. 

Indeed, some team will. And, that some team possibly will end up very disappointed at some point afterward.

Here's just one example, a story about the Tampa Bay Bucs tailing Justin Blackmon (like they are with Jameis Winston) before the draft.  After what they found, they took him completely off their draft board.  Off.  The Jags took a chance.  How's that working out?  Teams are starting to figure out this personality and habits thing...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483289/article/bucs-tailed-justin-blackmon-at-college-bar

Indeed, some team will. And, that some team possibly will end up very disappointed at some point afterward.

Here's just one example, a story about the Tampa Bay Bucs tailing Justin Blackmon (like they are with Jameis Winston) before the draft.  After what they found, they took him completely off their draft board.  Off.  The Jags took a chance.  How's that working out?  Teams are starting to figure out this personality and habits thing...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000483289/article/bucs-tailed-justin-blackmon-at-college-bar

how did randy moss and dez bryant turn out?

not that great at all hyped and overrated because of coming from that fsu defense and darby on the other side he's decent but i could see him fall to the 5th or 6th round now buti'd prefer to look elsewhere for a CB

Meh....according to McShay when he asked receivers in the ACC about the toughest corners they faced, PJ Williams name came up more often than Darby.

I agree, but we're not talking about first round talent.

I watched him the past couple days, and I agree. But a lot of media types have him higher than Darby.

Either way, he's probably off of the Colts board, assuming he was on it. Grigson seems fed up with young knuckleheads.

how did randy moss and dez bryant turn out?

Randy Moss?  Did he get n trouble within weeks of his draft? The guy that was sentenced to 30 days in jail because of defending a friend in high school?  And then failed a drug test in while servign the remainder of his 30 day jail sentence breakng probation? So he never got to play for Notre Dame nor even Florida state Universities?  But then went on to transfer to Marshall to score at least 1 TD in all 28 games he played, setting records with Chad Pennington, and no further problems?  Greatest prospect many had ever seen, a guy Bowden said was as good as (just a bigger) Deion Sanders?  Different story and yet his past was laid bare too before Vikings pulled the trigger in the draft.  Had he been busted for drugs after his pro day, he likely would have dropped off many boards too, despite the undeniable talent.

I don't know too much about Dez.  was he the guy that had saggy pants in a mall?  Hit his mom with a baseball cap?  The one that slid to late 1st round becasue he lied to the NCAA about his association with Prime Time?  Even the Cowboys had a 3 man security detail on him and a curfew on the guy, walking on eggshells all along. Knowing the ticking tiome bobmb they were trying to defuse. So far so good in his maturation process, and his talent risk was still 1st round, so worth trying it to the Cowboys.

But there are going to be many more sad stories for every successful one.  And these are different to me than the guy that is a habitual drug/alcohol/spouse abuser that can't/won't abstain  even around a combine, pro day, or NFL draft.