Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilfork signs with Houston

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess 2 years about 4-6 million. You can say these guys didn't want to come here or whatever, but the simple fact is we didn't try hard enough or at all. Knighton would have came here for 2 mill more. Same with Fairley or Wilfork. We're alright though as long as we hit with our 1st round draft pick. But if we don't our D-Line is in trouble.

Nice to know your God and that YOU know why guys didn't sign with us. I think you're just mad cause we didn't get who you want so you're trying to pass blame now because you're upset. And it's quite rediculous. There is alot of other teams going after the same players we are. We're NOT the only ones!!!

Yea i dont think he wanted the Colts to be honest unless he had no other choice.. Wilfork was a Pats lifer and I'm sure he didn't appreciate being called a cheater after beating them soundly twice last year. 

Every single top interior defensive lineman from FA has been signed, which means the Colts can only address their issues via the draft at this point or a trade. 

I'm a happy camper!

We don't even know if there was any interest by the Colts let alone any mutual interest. We were said to have offered big contracts to both Fairley and Potroast. Both those reports looked to have been hogwash. We saw Grigson very aggressively go after the guys he wanted and sign them . We also heard him say he was content with the young guys he had on the roster at DL. 

You are about the only one left that really gives a crap about deflate gate and it's pretty boring that you come into these threads and post with all that hate and recklessness 

Same franchise... same owners, same name, all records, ... it's not the same as a team that moves cities and changes all those things like Browns/Ravens. Go to colts hq and count them.

But you can't take another city's championships. That's not how that works.

It's not the same team. And corgi don't start this.

Don't start what? You are the one mouthing off the past three pages. It's the same team, regardless of your opinion history proves otherwise. I know you are a proud Texans fan and that's fine, but you are just spewing nonsense about the Colts. Beat down by the Patriots or not the Colts were exponentially better than the Texans last year, so you can't really use another teams success to talk trash. The Texans should have a solid defense if Clowney actually plays and if Wilfork can still go and that's all well and good, but the Colts are the better team with better history than the Texans.

But you can't take another city's championships. That's not how that works.

Championships, titles, records belong to the franchise not cities ... only exception might be is a complete change in organization; again Browns/Ravens is an example of an exception.

Don't start what? You are the one mouthing off the past three pages. It's the same team, regardless of your opinion history proves otherwise. I know you are a proud Texans fan and that's fine, but you are just spewing nonsense about the Colts. Beat down by the Patriots or not the Colts were exponentially better than the Texans last year, so you can't really use another teams success to talk trash. The Texans should have a solid defense if Clowney actually plays and if Wilfork can still go and that's all well and good, but the Colts are the better team with better history than the Texans.

The Texans have existed for 14 years. I respect you as a poster that's why I don't want to argue. Guess who started this mess? Guess who ALWAYS STARTS THIS MESS? It's not me. I reserve my "spewing" for the three trolls on this board that love picking at me. If you want to fight too then so be it but I'm not holding my tongue when jerks constantly stalk my posts and flame me. No,the colt are not exponentially better. They aren't.

The Texans have existed for 14 years. I respect you as a poster that's why I don't want to argue. Guess who started this mess? Guess who ALWAYS STARTS THIS MESS? It's not me. I reserve my "spewing" for the three trolls on this board that love picking at me. If you want to fight too then so be it but I'm not holding my tongue when jerks constantly stalk my posts and flame me. No,the colt are not exponentially better. They aren't.

Okay I think they are based off of results, but that's me. I get ya, but you're crazy if you think I'm not going to defend the Colts. Mutual respect is there obviously, I do enjoy bickering with you but not in the malicious sense, like I'm not trying to say some devastating thing to win an argument about nonsense. That was the angle I was taking with you. can't really do that with Titans and Jags fans.

I think the Texans will be improved this year, I think Hoyer is an upgrade. I like what they are doing on defense, and for the Texans sake I hope Clowney can stay healthy and contribute.I think the Colts will be better, both truthfully and because I'm a Colts fans so of course I think that.

Nice to know your God and that YOU know why guys didn't sign with us. I think you're just mad cause we didn't get who you want so you're trying to pass blame now because you're upset. And it's quite rediculous. There is alot of other teams going after the same players we are. We're NOT the only ones!!!

Dude, my only point is we could have had those guys one way or another if we wanted them. We may have had to overpay a little though, but for 1year it doesn't matter. Knighton got 4mill, if we had offered 6 he's a Colt. A lot of people think certain guys just didn't want to play here, but I mean for extra money I'm sure they would have signed with a smile on their face. The only question is, did Grigs even want Knighton or Fairley. But yeah, these guys go where the money is, that's all I'm saying. And I kind of assumed Grigs did want these guys. That's why I have trouble figuring it out. Remember the rumors connecting us to Knighton? And they said we were the highest bidder for Fairley. Chill out man its all good. We're on the same side remember. LOL.

Okay I think they are based off of results, but that's me. I get ya, but you're crazy if you think I'm not going to defend the Colts. Mutual respect is there obviously, I do enjoy bickering with you but not in the malicious sense, like I'm not trying to say some devastating thing to win an argument about nonsense. That was the angle I was taking with you. can't really do that with Titans and Jags fans.

I think the Texans will be improved this year, I think Hoyer is an upgrade. I like what they are doing on defense, and for the Texans sake I hope Clowney can stay healthy and contribute.I think the Colts will be better, both truthfully and because I'm a Colts fans so of course I think that.

Yeah I see things the same way man. We all have to have fun every once in a while with bickering, but of course there's always a bad Apple or two...glad we can see eye to eye on things even though we are of rival fanbases man. I expect the Colts to be better too of course. Hopefully we can take the crown back from you guys though hah.

Ok, believe what you want. But this year won't be a cakewalk in the AFC South nor against other teams

Just a glimpse of the defenses we play this year

Panthers

Bills

Jets

Patriots

Texans

Nothing to overlook at all

didnt know the panthers bills jets and patriots were in the afc south

Yeah I see things the same way man. We all have to have fun every once in a while with bickering, but of course there's always a bad Apple or two...glad we can see eye to eye on things even though we are of rival fanbases man. I expect the Colts to be better too of course. Hopefully we can take the crown back from you guys though hah.

The game in Houston worries me every year. If Houston stays healthy I see no reason why they can't be in the playoff hunt. I hope Hoyer works out, I like him a lot. Houston has a good fanbase too from what I've gathered. If not for being in the same division as the Colts they would be on the very short list of NFL teams I have no problems with.

Okay, hit me with a prediction. There's still the draft, and free agency isn't even done yet, so I'm not gonna hold you to it, just want to know where you stand. What do you think the Colts record will be, and what do you think the Texans record will be?

I'll say Colts 12-4, Texans 8-8.

The game in Houston worries me every year. If Houston stays healthy I see no reason why they can't be in the playoff hunt. I hope Hoyer works out, I like him a lot. Houston has a good fanbase too from what I've gathered. If not for being in the same division as the Colts they would be on the very short list of NFL teams I have no problems with.

Health is the key word there, very key. Whether it is Hoyer or Mallett I hope they work their behinds off to propel the offense to the next level. It's always tough though when we have to face Andrew Luck every year. Funny enough, I'm actually a big fan of his, have been since college. The guy is from Houston, he's smart, and a hell of a player at such a young age. If the Colts were in another division I wouldn't mind rooting for Andrew and Davis either (them adding Andre wouldn't sting as much either lol).

watt is a superstar

wilfork is old

clowney is unproven

label or not its true

Peyton Manning and Brett Favre were old. So was Rice, among others. Clowney was hurt, as a rookie, so of course he's unproven. That doesn't mean he will be unproven forever or Wilfork will have a heart attack on the field. And you do this with other team's players too, not just this instance. You've been called out on it before too.

Okay, hit me with a prediction. There's still the draft, and free agency isn't even done yet, so I'm not gonna hold you to it, just want to know where you stand. What do you think the Colts record will be, and what do you think the Texans record will be?

I'll say Colts 12-4, Texans 8-8.

As of now...I would say Colts 11-5 or 10-6 and Texans 9-7 or 8-8 like you said. But that's just because the Draft isn't here yet and free agency is not yet done.

Dude, my only point is we could have had those guys one way or another if we wanted them. We may have had to overpay a little though, but for 1year it doesn't matter. Knighton got 4mill, if we had offered 6 he's a Colt. A lot of people think certain guys just didn't want to play here, but I mean for extra money I'm sure they would have signed with a smile on their face. The only question is, did Grigs even want Knighton or Fairley. But yeah, these guys go where the money is, that's all I'm saying. And I kind of assumed Grigs did want these guys. That's why I have trouble figuring it out. Remember the rumors connecting us to Knighton? And they said we were the highest bidder for Fairley. Chill out man its all good. We're on the same side remember. LOL.

Im chill...It just seems like you think you know for a fact that if we'd offered more money they would have signed with us. And thats not the case. Yes we were interested I believe. But how can you assume you know that if we'd offered more money Knighton would have been ours? How is that a guarentee? There are players out there that do consider more than just the money.

Peyton Manning and Brett Favre were old. So was Rice, among others. Clowney was hurt, as a rookie, so of course he's unproven. That doesn't mean he will be unproven forever or Wilfork will have a heart attack on the field. And you do this with other team's players too, not just this instance. You've been called out on it before too.

how about you choose a position that actually relates to wilfork. its not strange to see QBs play to their late 30s and no wr played as long as rice. your argument is faulty pal. as for clowney I dont know what the guy can do which is why I said hes unproven. you guys are throwing his name around like hes the next LT

how about you choose a position that actually relates to wilfork. its not strange to see QBs play to their late 30s and no wr played as long as rice. your argument is faulty pal. as for clowney I dont know what the guy can do which is why I said hes unproven. you guys are throwing his name around like hes the next LT

I was using the old card as a whole. You're the guy who thought Richardson was the next Barry Sanders or something so it is incredibly ironic that you mention Clowney in such a way. The guy was a number one universal selection for a period. Peyton Manning didn't play like most quarterbacks in 2013. He shattered records, so if anyone's argument is faulty it's yours. I'm just saying don't underestimate players while crowning others so easily is all.

I was using the old card as a whole. You're the guy who thought Richardson was the next Barry Sanders or something so it is incredibly ironic that you mention Clowney in such a way. The guy was a number one universal selection for a period. Peyton Manning didn't play like most quarterbacks in 2013. He shattered records, so if anyone's argument is faulty it's yours. I'm just saying don't underestimate players while crowning others so easily is all.

first off I supported richardson yes, but I didnt dawn him the next anything. you cant use the old card as a whole. it depends on positions