Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilfork signs with Houston

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me guess 2 years about 4-6 million. You can say these guys didn't want to come here or whatever, but the simple fact is we didn't try hard enough or at all. Knighton would have came here for 2 mill more. Same with Fairley or Wilfork. We're alright though as long as we hit with our 1st round draft pick. But if we don't our D-Line is in trouble.

1:00 - "Houston leading candidate to sign Wilfork"

1:15 - "Wilfork not going to Houston, sources say"

1:30 - "Meet your newest Texan, Vince Wilfork!" 

And therein lies the problem with the Modern News Cycle. 

Yeah, that was quite a roller coaster ride there...

The Texans are looking sort of decent, by the way.

I think this was solely about money, he is obviously loyal to the Pats and he knows the Colts are one of the top teams that could get in their way. So he chose the Texans to not only get paid but still help the Pats.

Good to know you have inside knowledge on Wilfork's thoughts.

I am going Vince as no way he sees a double team with Watt or Clowney on either side of him. I am happy for Vince. I think he landed in a great situation.

Hopefully this goes well. Our defense is looking spiffy but this team still needs more parts. I know the Patriots will still be pretty darn good even without Vince there.

I think this was solely about money, he is obviously loyal to the Pats and he knows the Colts are one of the top teams that could get in their way. So he chose the Texans to not only get paid but still help the Pats.

Yea i dont think he wanted the Colts to be honest unless he had no other choice.. Wilfork was a Pats lifer and I'm sure he didn't appreciate being called a cheater after beating them soundly twice last year. 

Every single top interior defensive lineman from FA has been signed, which means the Colts can only address their issues via the draft at this point or a trade. 

I'm a happy camper!

They aren't better. No qb and no more Andre

Your shtick is old. You hate Schaub yet you think we would be better off with him. DeAndre is more then capable as we saw last year, we don't need our old vet anymore. Haters gonna hate I suppose. We will see how much better we are when the games are played.

I wonder if Bill Belichick made 1 serious contract offer at Vince? Knowing Bill, he probably figured forget it, Wilfork is gone, & we only back up the Brinks Bank truck for Brady anyway. 

Good luck in TX Vince. You're one hades of a DT man. JJ needs all the darn help he can get. Besides, he will probably save a driver in a flipped over jeep in Houston next week right?  :P