Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Wilfork signs with Houston

Wilfork

Watt

Clowney

yikes

That's why our Oline is so important. Texans have a nasty Dline (JJ Watt by himself is enough for that), Leonard Williams is probably either going to Tennessee to join Jurrell Casey or Jacksonville with Jared Odrick. These teams are gonna be built to dominate at the LOS and we can't let them do that.

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first off I supported richardson yes, but I didnt dawn him the next anything. you cant use the old card as a whole. it depends on positions

It really doesn't. You were on the Rich wagon till the end, defending him no matter how badly he played. No, it wasn't just you, but your stances get quite predictable.

It really doesn't. You were on the Rich wagon till the end, defending him no matter how badly he played. No, it wasn't just you, but your stances get quite predictable.

d-lineman get hit every snap. a QB gets hit probably half the snaps. you cant compare. I defended a colt like any fan would, but I never said he was next barry sanders

d-lineman get hit every snap. a QB gets hit probably half the snaps. you cant compare. I defended a colt like any fan would, but I never said he was next barry sanders

D lineman are the ones doing the hitting. The Sanders bit was hyperbole just like the hyperbole you used when referencing J.D. Yes you defend Colts and that's fine but try some objectivity when it comes to other players too. It goes a long way.

Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick issued the following statement on Vince Wilfork.

"Few players reached or will ever reach the special level of Vince Wilfork.  He is a great champion and one of the classiest people I have ever been around – just a kind, genuine and giving person who was all about our team, football, winning and bringing joy to others.  There may have never been anyone at his position with as much strength, toughness, intelligence, instinctiveness and athleticism.  He is the best defensive linemen I ever coached, an all-time great Patriot whose place on our team will be missed but whose remarkable career as a Patriot will be remembered forever."

http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/03/16/statement-bill-belichick-vince-wilfork-0

D lineman are the ones doing the hitting. The Sanders bit was hyperbole just like the hyperbole you used when referencing J.D. Yes you defend Colts and that's fine but try some objectivity when it comes to other players too. It goes a long way.

what do you think o-lineman do to d-lineman? im just saying dont be throwing his name around like hes the next great player til he actually proves it

what do you think o-lineman do to d-lineman? im just saying dont be throwing his name around like hes the next great player til he actually proves it

Names of young players are always thrown around like their the next great players, yes it is sensational but it is just a part of football. There are always comparisons.

The Texans have existed for 14 years. I respect you as a poster that's why I don't want to argue. Guess who started this mess? Guess who ALWAYS STARTS THIS MESS? It's not me. I reserve my "spewing" for the three trolls on this board that love picking at me. If you want to fight too then so be it but I'm not holding my tongue when jerks constantly stalk my posts and flame me. No,the colt are not exponentially better. They aren't.

Actually, it was you who started this. Claiming the Texans wins would come via the colts. Don't try playing the victim card....... again

Actually, it was you who started this. Claiming the Texans wins would come via the colts. Don't try playing the victim card....... again

Did you not see the :P? Oh, you did, you just like starting fights and making me look like the instigator. I was obviously having fun with the original poster who I quoted.

We don't even know if there was any interest by the Colts let alone any mutual interest. We were said to have offered big contracts to both Fairley and Potroast. Both those reports looked to have been hogwash. We saw Grigson very aggressively go after the guys he wanted and sign them . We also heard him say he was content with the young guys he had on the roster at DL. 

You are about the only one left that really gives a crap about deflate gate and it's pretty boring that you come into these threads and post with all that hate and recklessness 

I don't care about it anymore.. im just stating something that very well could have affected his decision making.. hes been a Patriot his entire career, he's very fond of BB, Kraft and the other guys on that team... so I find it hard to believe he would have wanted to run off to a team that called them cheaters after getting slapped around 2 times last year by them.

There is no hate in my post..  the Colts are one of the top obstacles in the way of the Patriots next year for the AFC... their most glaring weakness from last year was weakness up the middle of their defense and they haven't appeared to address that in Free Agency when there were quite a few top talents available that would have really helped them out... I'm happy about that because so far, nothing has really changed on the Colts defensive front to stop from getting gashed for 200+ yards again.

Its competitive football... the Colts are a rival and they have yet to improve in an area where the Pats have beaten them soundly before.. that makes me happy...but its still a long offseason, with a Draft and more camp cuts to follow so anything can happen.

I don't care about it anymore.. im just stating something that very well could have affected his decision making.. hes been a Patriot his entire career, he's very fond of BB, Kraft and the other guys on that team... so I find it hard to believe he would have wanted to run off to a team that called them cheaters after getting slapped around 2 times last year by them.

There is no hate in my post..  the Colts are one of the top obstacles in the way of the Patriots next year for the AFC... their most glaring weakness from last year was weakness up the middle of their defense and they haven't appeared to address that in Free Agency when there were quite a few top talents available that would have really helped them out... I'm happy about that because so far, nothing has really changed on the Colts defensive front to stop from getting gashed for 200+ yards again.

Its competitive football... the Colts are a rival and they have yet to improve in an area where the Pats have beaten them soundly before.. that makes me happy...but its still a long offseason, with a Draft and more camp cuts to follow so anything can happen.

The Pats were really the only team to run all over the Colts last year. I think they were out coached and worn down to a frazzle. I'm hoping that with a better RB and without the one "dead" WR spot we had last year , we can keep the offense on the field a bit more vs the Pats this year. Grigson seems to believe that he could better improve the team without going after more then the 1 dL he signed. As far as Wilfork goes , we have no idea he was even contacted by the Colts. We certainly had the money to sign him or those other 2 DT's that went between 4 and 5 mill. 

BTW .. I'm "happy" too as there's no way NR has even approached coming close to replacing Browner , Revis and VW. The colts in the meantime lost Sergio Brown while adding all those players. Is it enough to over take the Pats ? I don't know but I think we at least closed the gap.

The game in Houston worries me every year. If Houston stays healthy I see no reason why they can't be in the playoff hunt. I hope Hoyer works out, I like him a lot. Houston has a good fanbase too from what I've gathered. If not for being in the same division as the Colts they would be on the very short list of NFL teams I have no problems with.

Out of interest who else is on that list

You mean the 3 NFL championships and 2 Super Bowls?

I'm done with this conversation. How many championships did Manning win for you? Because that's all that's relevant in my book. Please don't reignite what was already an embered thread. I've given my opinion about the matter numerous times and don't want to discuss it further.

Offense isn't looking better. Last time I checked you still need to put points on the board to win games. I will give you defense is looking nasty though.

They've added a wideout and another QB to compete with the incumbent. It is all on paper at this point but I'm hoping the offense wows just as much as the defense does myself.

Patriots Head Coach Bill Belichick issued the following statement on Vince Wilfork.

"Few players reached or will ever reach the special level of Vince Wilfork.  He is a great champion and one of the classiest people I have ever been around – just a kind, genuine and giving person who was all about our team, football, winning and bringing joy to others.  There may have never been anyone at his position with as much strength, toughness, intelligence, instinctiveness and athleticism.  He is the best defensive linemen I ever coached, an all-time great Patriot whose place on our team will be missed but whose remarkable career as a Patriot will be remembered forever."

http://www.patriots.com/news/2015/03/16/statement-bill-belichick-vince-wilfork-0

Wiping the tears from my eyes now. All that and they wouldn't give the guy a lousy 4 mill a year ? He still graded out as one of the best run stoppers in the NFL. I believe he led Bill's team in snaps. I mean it's one thing if he was not playing well or he was injury prone.

No offense but it's a real joke he blubbers all that stuff out while kicking him to the curb. I know , I know... Reggie Wayne. That's a total different situation as he had to be the worst WR with a starting spot in the NFL. Couldn't get open , couldn't stay healthy and couldn't hang on the the ball. 

That really is a huge , ridiculous joke.

They've added a wideout and another QB to compete with the incumbent. It is all on paper at this point but I'm hoping the offense wows just as much as the defense does myself.

Honestly the offense wouldn't need to wow if the defense lives up to their potential. I don't think Houston will take the division though, Colts will just be too much. In the coming years I can see the AFC South being a very competitive division.

Honestly the offense wouldn't need to wow if the defense lives up to their potential. I don't think Houston will take the division though, Colts will just be too much. In the coming years I can see the AFC South being a very competitive division.

I hope so man. I think the Texans have what it takes to get the division back sooner than later though.

well trying to argue who is better when the other team is vastly superior is like bringing a knife to the gun fight

Except the other team isn't vastly superior. Just like Colts fans thinking they're catching up to New England or the same for Dolphins fans, Texans fans think the same about the Colts.

If the Texans ever get a QB they are going to be deadly. That seems to be the story of their franchise though (and Texans fans that is NOT a shot). Honestly the next person who complains about Manning or Luck under achieving should look at the Texans and realize how lucky the Colts are to have those two back-to-back.