Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

This just in, Miami wins the FA period.

I thought when Ireland left, they would see the error of their ways, especially after the last two years. Now they cut I do not know how many players, and have one player to show for it, at 19M/yr and over 60 guaranteed. Free Agency is not the way to win in the NFL, it is the way to lose, and it puts you in a box. Just for Miami to sign Suh, to get out of the box they released all the 2013 players they signed except Wallace so far, and now they are back in the box!

Regardless, they will think they have won, at least for the next 5 months, and as I said, glad Brady gets the brunt of it.

Signing free agents doesn't mean you won't win.  It's all about finding guys who fit your system.  When Miami went all out in Ireland's last year, it was more of a desperation move to sign all the big names so Ireland could keep his job.  It doesn't work when you're desperate and just sign people for the sake of it.  But if you can find guys who fit your system, it works great

Washington did this with Albert Haynesworth and it didn't work out well for them in the end. 

i am expecting Suh to regress now that he is getting paid. 

He was getting paid before, at 12M per. On the old CBA rookie contracts were inflated.

I get what your saying though, there's nothing on the line, He is making 60M in the next 6 years no matter what so he could just relax and not try his hardest, but he was getting paid before, so I think it's more the g'd money that would be the reason he flops.

Miami wins? Wins what? Yes, Suh is good but not at that price. Good luck finding and being able to afford players down the line.

Read his post. He is being facetious by saying Miami won. He agrees with you. I do too.

Read his post. He is being facetious by saying Miami won. He agrees with you. I do too.

Thanks, I wish their was a sarcastic emoticon. Miami has done this the last few years, and where are they. If Tannehill flourishes, which is an if, they are going to have trouble signing him. They went into this offseason with 9M in cap space, and that was with all the cuts of the last few days. Wallace is going to be gone. I hope the defense can win them games. I can see Watt almost at 16M, especially with the salary cap growing, but he does so many differerent things, hell he plays offensive TE now. I think they needed to win the glitter contest, the fans down in South Miami are very fickle.

I hate that Suh went to the Fins. The only thing that makes me feel a little better is how well Belichick schemes vs Suh as the Pats have always destroyed Detroit. Still, that Miami defense was already great before this addition. I have to hope that his price will prohibit them from getting better in other areas. But I do wish he had not landed in our division.

Thanks, I wish their was a sarcastic emoticon. Miami has done this the last few years, and where are they. If Tannehill flourishes, which is an if, they are going to have trouble signing him. They went into this offseason with 9M in cap space, and that was with all the cuts of the last few days. Wallace is going to be gone. I hope the defense can win them games. I can see Watt almost at 16M, especially with the salary cap growing, but he does so many differerent things, hell he plays offensive TE now. I think they needed to win the glitter contest, the fans down in South Miami are very fickle.

Me too  :sarcasm:

Sorry couldn't resist :P

Big splash by Miami. 

And next year, they'll finish somewhere between 7-9 and 9-7. 

Suh is a great talent, don't get me wrong. But what's he done for Detroit? You can't pay QB money to a non-QB. They'll be very solid on defense but their offense will continue to be anemic. 

Washington did this with Albert Haynesworth and it didn't work out well for them in the end. 

i am expecting Suh to regress now that he is getting paid. 

There is a big difference though... Haynesworth had one good season and was considered lazy and a problem by Tenn.  Suh is a once in a generation DT. He may fall victim of the money and feel he doesn't have to work anymore but he's never struck me as that type of player.