Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I think I might have a guise on Colts off-season...

Offensively:

O-line: They will sign a guard. Herreman or Blalock Not a high profile guy. Eliminate Lupati n Boling

RB: They draft Gordon or Gurley. Whoever is there at 29.(1)

WR: They sign Maclin, Only if they can get him to take 8 mil a year or less. If not it will be AJ or Nicks

Defensively:

D-Line: They will try for Suh, but fail. They will sign Wilfork. If Ngata comes available they will sign him too

(Wilfork at nose, Ngata and Jones at DE. Hughes, Chapman and Redding rotate. Redding will re-sign 1 year deal

Outer Backers: Colts will sign McPhee in FA. Mathis, McPhee, Walden, Werner, Newsome

Inner backers: Colts will draft McKinney(2). Freeman, McKinney, Jackson, Cam and Abindogo

CB: Re-sign Butler. Davis, toler, Butler and draft Corner late ?

S: Re-sign Adams. Draft Holliman(3).

seems logical to me

I barfed at RB

I know its an unpopular choice, however I ended my post with sounds logical. Other than the Ravens I really don't see any other team ahead of us wanting a RB in the drafts first round. I think Murray ultimately goes back to cowboys or AP to cowboys. The Colts DO need a running back that can potentially be an every down workhorse. Coleman and Johnson and those guys I don't think can be in a power running scheme the Colts still want to run

Personally I wish the Colts would try to trade for Christine Michael. His talent is just going to waste behind Lynch and Turbin

He has to be in the dog house for some reason. On top of that I believe had quite the injury history in college. Good player though

not holliman please god

Switch to this:

In first get kendrick,

in second get cody prewitt

in third get david cobb

Holliman is a good player, getting him in the third would make us lucky. He is an awful form tackler but great in coverage.

IMO, Kendricks is not a 1st round player and he's not a scheme fit for the Colts.

He's a 4-3 OLB on the weakside.

I think he's the best ILB and he's good in coverage and the run think he would be fine in 3-4 have you read Dustin's thread about him?

I think he's the best ILB and he's good in coverage and the run think he would be fine in 3-4 have you read Dustin's thread about him?

Yes.   And while I like Hendrick a lot,  I don't love him to the point of him being a 1st round pick.

Put another way,  he might be Levonte David of Tampa.    He was taken in the 2nd round.

I don't like any ILB in this year's draft enough to use a 1st round pick on them.    But if we like one,  I hope we take them AFTER we trade down out of the first to the top of the 2nd and take the player there in the upper to mid 30's, while adding pick(s)

Otherwise,  no thanks to the 1st.

not holliman please god

Switch to this:

In first get kendrick, 

in second get cody prewitt

in third get david cobb 

No offense intended,  but this might be my least favorite wish list I've seen here.

I think each player is taken a round too soon.    In addition,  there's nothing to address either the OL or the DL which I think should be the priority.

If this turned out to be our draft,  I think I would -- for the first time -- question my views about Grigson.   I'd be seriously disappointed.

Yes. And while I like Hendrick a lot, I don't love him to the point of him being a 1st round pick.

Put another way, he might be Levonte David of Tampa. He was taken in the 2nd round.

I don't like any ILB in this year's draft enough to use a 1st round pick on them. But if we like one, I hope we take them AFTER we trade down out of the first to the top of the 2nd and take the player there in the upper to mid 30's, while adding pick(s)

Otherwise, no thanks to the 1st.

I'd love a trade back for more picks and still getting him

No offense intended,  but this might be my least favorite wish list I've seen here.

I think each player is taken a round too soon.    In addition,  there's nothing to address either the OL or the DL which I think should be the priority.

If this turned out to be our draft,  I think I would -- for the first time -- question my views about Grigson.   I'd be seriously disappointed.

i'm going with positions he intended to draft

Yes. And while I like Hendrick a lot, I don't love him to the point of him being a 1st round pick.

Put another way, he might be Levonte David of Tampa. He was taken in the 2nd round.

I don't like any ILB in this year's draft enough to use a 1st round pick on them. But if we like one, I hope we take them AFTER we trade down out of the first to the top of the 2nd and take the player there in the upper to mid 30's, while adding pick(s)

Otherwise, no thanks to the 1st.

One thing we always gotta remember in the end its gonna be where Grigs and the staff value the players at on their board. They very well may take a guy alot of people on this forum think is 3rd round guy at 29. It's all about who they view as the best player available when we pick.

One thing we always gotta remember in the end its gonna be where Grigs and the staff value the players at on their board. They very well may take a guy alot of people on this forum think is 3rd round guy at 29. It's all about who they view as the best player available when we pick.

I understand that completely.

And obviously they know more than I've ever forgotten.

I laughed at Dallas taking the big center from Wisconsin two years ago.   Lots of other people laughed too.    But no one is laughing now, except Dallas which gets the last laugh because the kid worked out great.

But I think I've got a good feel for the team and a good feel for Grigson and a good feel for this draft.    I'll be surprised if we pull a name out that most think is a 3rd round pick.     Even Bjorn Werner was thought to be a 1st round pick -- the question was would he be a good scheme fit?    Not sure if we have that answer yet, but so far the results are not that encouraging.

We'll know all in about 7-8 weeks....

Here's my thoughts:

Offensively:

O-line: They will sign a guard. I like Boling as the favorite.  Costanzo and Cherilus will be the OTs again, with a mid- to late-round OT for depth.

RB: They draft one to share carries with Herron, but not in the first. I'll say David Johnson of N. Iowa in the 2nd.

WR: Andre Johnson will be a Colt.  He wants to spend two Sundays this year beating up on his old team (he was not a happy camper recently).

Defensively:

D-Line: They will try for Suh, but fail.  They settle for resigning Redding, and signing McPhee (who plays SAM part-time and DE in passing situations).

Outer Backers: Mathis, McPhee, Walden, Werner, Newsome.  Maybe a developmental guy in the draft...and maybe not.

Inner backers: Colts will draft one sometime in the draft - I like Mike Hull or Taiwan Jones.

CB: 1st rounder will be Kevin Johnson, CB, Wake Forest.  50-50 on re-signing Butler - we'll say yes. Davis, toler, Butler and draft another corner late ?

S: Sounds like Searcy is our man at safety.  Also, re-sign Adams and Brown. Maybe draft one late in the draft.  But, most likely Winston Guy, Delano Howell, and Dewey McDonald wil be fighting to round out the roster.