Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex. Eagles OL Todd Herremans visiting Colts today

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably in the minority here when I say this following statement, but I'm calling Grigson's bluff

Yeah we have a lot of cheddar to blow, but I'm predicting this FA for the :colts: will be a bunch of plug in guys. Only one "splash" signing will come and that's M. Crabtree

Every other signing will be vets and non-household name players. I'm predicting the draft will be our stronger win of the 2

Probably in the minority here when I say this following statement, but I'm calling Grigson's bluff

Yeah we have a lot of cheddar to blow, but I'm predicting this FA for the :colts: will be a bunch of plug in guys. Only one "splash" signing will come and that's M. Crabtree

Every other signing will be vets and non-household name players. I'm predicting TE draft will be our stronger win of the 2

Crabtree a "splash" signing?

I can see us targeting Jeremy Maclin. (Just a gut feeling)

Every other signing will be vets and non-household name players. I'm predicting the draft will be our stronger win of the 2

I see no reason why we would go after Crabtree? We need a mature vet WR not a big baby. And he's really not been all that good.

I see no reason why we would go after Crabtree? We need a mature vet WR not a big baby. And he's really not been all that good.

TY Hilton

Donte Moncrief

Duron Carter

Why not add another WR like Crabtree to that list? And he's a very good WR just has a RB playing QB for him in SF

I don't think we will target Crabtree. I'm hoping for Maclin, or AJ at WR.

But you never know with Grigson..

Thought of AJ, but now sitting back looking at it he's basically Reggie 2.0 and we'll need another #1 in another year or 2

Build young and just plug in vets. I won't mind AJ if we get a promising WR in the draft. But if we just sign AJ and Grigson just thinks we're set, then no I'd rather sign Crabtree then get a CB or DL in the draft

like I said we need a mature vet WR that is easily not Crabtree

You don't need a mature vet, you need weapons. Want a vet? Hire Reggie as a WR coach or consultant or something

This team has been in the playoffs 3 straight years, this is a young team but they have experience. You don't need vets that badly when you have a team like that

I'd like a vet, but it's not a required need

Thought of AJ, but now sitting back looking at it he's basically Reggie 2.0 and we'll need another #1 in another year or 2

Build young and just plug in vets. I won't mind AJ if we get a promising WR in the draft. But if we just sign AJ and Grigson just thinks we're set, then no I'd rather sign Crabtree then get a CB or DL in the draft

Why not Maclin? He can do it all and him and TY would give defenses nightmares.. And he's still young.

You don't need a mature vet, you need weapons. Want a vet? Hire Reggie as a WR coach or consultant or something

This team has been in the playoffs 3 straight years, this is a young team but they have experience. You don't need vets that badly when you have a team like that

I'd like a vet, but it's not a required need

much rather just sign AJ cause by the time he's done Moncreif will be more developed even possibly Carter too no since spending what Crabtree wants when an old AJ is better anyway

We can still focus on RG in the draft. Herremans is coming off a injury riddled season and he's not getting any younger.

I dont disagree, its just not as critical We have a few holes to fill.......  for this year.... if we get this guy...... if he is healthy.....

(lotsa ifs)  we have filled a hole.

We can get a later pick 4,5, or 6 to develop on OL prospect.

We can use the 1,2, or 3 on DL, ILB, S

Why not Maclin? He can do it all and him and TY would give defenses nightmares.. And he's still young.

Maclin is basically Hilton. Now if we got a running game, then yeah cause those 2 on play action would be lethal. Texans would have double the nightmares.

But if Maclin is cheaper than Crabtree, take him. I just think Crabtree has better hands imo

much rather just sign AJ cause by the time he's done Moncreif will be more developed even possibly Carter too no since spending what Crabtree wants when an old AJ is better anyway

Grigson probably will end up taking AJ, I just think we should build young. But that's just me

Reggie is gone, time for he young guns to take over not bring in another old guy (great old guy, but old nonetheless)

Grigson probably will end up taking AJ, I just think we should build young. But that's just me

Reggie is gone, time for he young guns to take over not bring in another old guy (great old guy, but old nonetheless)

exactly we don't need more young guys? We have TY Moncreif and Carter.

Maclin is basically Hilton. Now if we got a running game, then yeah cause those 2 on play action would be lethal. Texans would have double the nightmares.

But if Maclin is cheaper than Crabtree, take him. I just think Crabtree has better hands imo

Maclin is 3 inches taller and 25-30lbs heavier than Hilton  he isnt a giant, but built more like Wayne

It's a young team, so build young. You put vets in spots like the o-line, backup QB, d-line, secondary etc etc

Not in the position where you have the most potential When you can just have Reggie be a mentor/consultant like we did with.... was it Tom Moore? Not good with names

old.....oft injured...off field issues...attitude....slow = cheap FA

young....skilled....nasty....huge upside....versatile = costly FA

Always makes me chuckle when fans (in general) cry for a cross mixing of the two above concepts. Picture a bin of clothing that 32 groups of people are about to rummage through. The only "gem" that is going to be had is by risking a negative. "I think I can get the stain out of this shirt". "I think I have a button to replace the one missing in this shirt".....or....

"This one's perfect......oh wait....look at how much it costs...."

This sums up the brilliance on this board.

"I want Ndomakong Suh but we need to get him cheap"

Give me a break, you can have one or the other, not both. People act like they are spending their own personal money on these guys. If you want the best, you have to pay the most. This is the NFL, these guys are about their money, they aren't banging down the door to come to the booming metropolis of Indianapolis just because they are overcome with the excitement of wearing the horseshoe.

It's a young team, so build young. You put vets in spots like the o-line, backup QB, d-line, secondary etc etc

Not in the position where you have the most potential When you can just have Reggie be a mentor/consultant like we did with.... was it Tom Moore? Not good with names

well Reggie is gonna consider other teams offers :( and we don't know anything about carter yet

Moncrief has shown upside, Carter is so good that he spent the last few years in Canada. Our Wide receiver position is a huge question mark at this point. Hilton is a stud but he is all we have at this point, with Moncrief hopefully able to emerge as a legit #3.

well Reggie is gonna consider other teams offers :( and we don't know anything about carter yet

Doubt it, Reggie is a man of his word type guy. He'll announce the retirement here shortly then week 1 opener we get Denver at home and induct Reggie in the ring of honor and all other celebration for the man. Colts beat the Broncos 42-10 in the opener

Moncrief has shown upside, Carter is so good that he spent the last few years in Canada. Our Wide receiver position is a huge question mark at this point. Hilton is a stud but he is all we have at this point, with Moncrief hopefully able to emerge as a legit #3.

yeah I wouldn't say a ? Cause we have talent we just need a vet like Reggie was to help them young guys out IMO I'd take AJ

What they need are playmakers.  What does it matter if they are young or vets?

A very real possibility - I would say even likely - is that they pick up a WR in FA and then draft one as well - and they won't be afraid to use a high pick at that.

What they need are playmakers. What does it matter if they are young or vets?

A very real possibility - I would say even likely - is that they pick up a WR in FA and then draft one as well - and they won't be afraid to use a high pick at that.

who knows with this draft anything can happen just depends on who falls I'm very excited for the draft and FA. TY is a playmaker hopefully with more reps Moncreif can break out who knows what we have in carter I can't wait to find out about him tho

who knows with this draft anything can happen just depends on who falls I'm very excited for the draft and FA. TY is a playmaker hopefully with more reps Moncreif can break out who knows what we have in carter I can't wait to find out about him tho

That is all well and good but why even make the statement that they don't need anymore young guys?  

I dont disagree, its just not as critical We have a few holes to fill.......  for this year.... if we get this guy...... if he is healthy.....

(lotsa ifs)  we have filled a hole.

We can get a later pick 4,5, or 6 to develop on OL prospect.

We can use the 1,2, or 3 on DL, ILB, S

I believe that's the plan. Just as long as he's healthy and still playing at a high level.

Deep draft for RB's, or we could get one through free agency. We shall know soon enough.

TY Hilton

Donte Moncrief

Duron Carter

Why not add another WR like Crabtree to that list? And he's a very good WR just has a RB playing QB for him in SF

Crabtree isn't very good he seemed that way until he got injured he's a waste of time.

That is all well and good but why even make the statement that they don't need anymore young guys?

cause you never know what your gonna get with young guys and right now we only have 1 reciver we can rely on and that's TY we need a known commodity in the league to go with TY not more ? Like Moncreif and Carter

Crabtree isn't very good he seemed that way until he got injured he's a waste of time.

........ so being injured and not playing well while injured makes you a waste of time? So you felt this way about Reggie after the tricep injury? He was a waste of time too?

Ok...can't lie. My first thoughts were Grigs really?...another Eagle?...another guy coming off of some kind of injury??

But I see many posters here whose opinions I respect posting support for this potential signing so is this guy any good? I'm not familiar with him. Is he a road grater for the run game?

Ok...can't lie. My first thoughts were Grigs really?...another Eagle?...another guy coming off of some kind of injury??

But I see many posters here whose opinions I respect posting support for this potential signing so is this guy any good? I'm not familiar with him. Is he a road grater for the run game?

when healthy he is very good in the run game been a big part of the Eagles line for years