Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Ex. Eagles OL Todd Herremans visiting Colts today

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/03/06/colts-bringing-offensive-lineman-todd-herremans-in-for-visit/

Colts General Manager Ryan Grigson is going back to his Philadelphia roots to try to fix one of his biggest problems in Indianapolis.

According to Tim McManus of PhillyMag.com, the Colts are bringing in former Eagles guardTodd Herremans for a visit today.

The 32-year-old Herremans has a few good years left in him, and the Colts need all the stability they can find up front.

Grigson was a regional scout when the Eagles drafted Herremans in the fourth round of the 2005 NFL Draft, and both rose to bigger jobs there.

A good one or two year option possibly at right guard. I like it.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Foot injury

:dunno: I'm skeptical. Guy turns 33 this year. If we sign him I hope he doesn't turn out like some of the other players we've brought in that have injury history. I realize he hasn't been a player that is injured a lot but age and mileage eventually catch up to a player. If we do bring him in hopefully it isn't with a huge contract.

guess no iupati

Iupati has extremes, great in run blocking but mediocre in pass blocking.

Herremans' totality in blocking is better than Iupati if you exclude 2014 with injuries that he had.

Plus, those screen passes where OL has to go out in space to block, Herremans will do it much better than some of the guards we have, IMO.

1) They may have not had an interest in Iupati in the first place

2) More importantly, having him in for a visit does not come close to meaning they are shutting the door on Iupati.

no, but a lot of times when we bring FAs in, they sign. I have no problem with herrenman

Would much rather spend a little extra and get Clint Boling. Only 26 and better than Herreman. Boling could help anchor our line for the next 7 years. Im hesitant of Herreman because of his injurys especially at his age, torn bicep and sprained ankle in same season. Hes probably not goin to be able to be the same caliber player he was a couple years ago.

I was hoping still. Never know, might get this 33 yr old for cheap and can still sign iupati

I really don't want Iupati. He's flat bad in pass pro, and he probably wants to be the highest paid OG on the market. Boling pls

1) They may have not had an interest in Iupati in the first place

2) More importantly, having him in for a visit does not come close to meaning they are shutting the door on Iupati.

Exactly, same thing with bringing in Branch for a visit doesn't mean we wont inquire about McCourtey. Grigson just has to do his due diligence and has to have contingency plans in place in case he swings and misses on guys he wants.

I'm thinking he leaves with a contract. Affordable player that should have a couple good years left if healthy. Looks to me the O line needs a RT for depth or to replace Cherlius and maybe we'll be OK . 

I disagree, Thornton has played well at both right and left guard. Holmes barely plays.

In Holmes' limited time on the field this year, I think he looked much better. I'm not ready to call Thornton a dried piece of dog poop, but he needs to improve quite a bit before I want to see him starting again. I'm fine with Holmes being a starter. Just my opinion though, not a knock on yours.

I disagree, Thornton has played well at both right and left guard. Holmes barely plays.

holmes started the last month of the season with the playoffs and line was noticeable better with him in there and btw with Thornton out of there. Thornton consistently gets beat and doesn't get proper spacing with out tackles and creates a hole between him and the left and right tackle. He has been a major disappointment thus far.