Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Combine Day 3

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy hell. Beasley is never falling to us now.. Packed on the pounds and still runs a freaking 4.53???

Edit- 35 reps and a 41 inch vert.. What a freak. He may be the first pass rusher taken. Damn.

At least Shelton may be reachable now.

Beasley has earned some serious $$$ today. With a time like that Shelton could well fall to us.

What do you mean by when you say functional strength, I mean I watch film all the time and I still don't understand that term,

Meaning in game you aren't going to see him throwing a OT to the ground or standing a guy up and jacking him around. But I think his strength is a sign that he can eventually convert strength to power.

Henry Anderson bout to be a first round pick outchea

I don't think there's any chance he goes in the first....    he doesn't have first round tape.

But this might give him a shot at the 2nd.

I was thinking 3/4 before the combine started.    Then he showed up nearly 10 pounds heavier. 

And now he's performing much better than anticipated and I think he feels very 3rd round to me,  and maybe -- maybe -- even 2nd round round.

This is pretty shocking.

Henry went to a combine training camp shortly after New Years.   Wrote a piece about how this type of training is the exact opposite of how Stanford's strength and conditioning works and how it took his body a while to adjust.    But it appears the camp has worked far better than expected.    Happy for him.     Not happy for us if we can't nab him though..... 

I've been discouraging the Colts from taking Stanford talent too high for several years now.   But Anderson has always been a guy on my radar for the Colts.    He's a Grigson/Pagano type of guy.    Hope we can make it happen....

Holy hell. Beasley is never falling to us now.. Packed on the pounds and still runs a freaking 4.53???

Edit- 35 reps and a 41 inch vert.. What a freak. He may be the first pass rusher taken. Damn.

At least Shelton may be reachable now.

Wait!    What?!?

How does the success of one impact the falling of the other?  

They don't play the same spot.   Not even close.    Has Shelton had a bad combine?

I don't think there's any chance he goes in the first....    he doesn't have first round tape.

But this might give him a shot at the 2nd.

I was thinking 3/4 before the combine started.    Then he showed up nearly 10 pounds heavier. 

And now he's performing much better than anticipated and I think he feels very 3rd round to me,  and maybe -- maybe -- even 2nd round round.

This is pretty shocking.

Henry went to a combine training camp shortly after New Years.   Wrote a piece about how this type of training is the exact opposite of how Stanford's strength and conditioning works and how it took his body a while to adjust.    But it appears the camp has worked far better than expected.    Happy for him.     Not happy for us if we can't nab him though..... 

I've been discouraging the Colts from taking Stanford talent too high for several years now.   But Anderson has always been a guy on my radar for the Colts.    He's a Grigson/Pagano type of guy.    Hope we can make it happen....

When I watched tape I thought 4th round, He just did not hold up well to me when double teamed and even got dominated some 1 on 1, I thought of him being a rotational D Lineman to bring in as a pass rusher, Seems like more of a depth player then starter to me

Shelton starting to seem like just a fat guy. I think he confirmed that Phillips is better. I don't mean fat guy in a derogatory way either, I mean he's big and heavy but I don't see technique or finesse. Seems like a good part of his dominance was being bigger than everyone.

I wasn't saying they're related, but almost running a 5.7 40 never helps a prospect.

True.    It absolutely does not help.

But Alabama guard Chance Warmack run (I think 5.55) at the combine two years ago and he still went 10th overall.

While it doesn't help,  I don't think it hurt him,  not as a NT at least.   Also, in finally watching his tape,  I noticed he measured in at 6' 2 and 1/8.     That's roughly an inch taller than expected.    That will help him.   Hard to see him falling out of the top-10 or 12.

Shelton starting to seem like just a fat guy. I think he confirmed that Phillips is better. I don't mean fat guy in a derogatory way either, I mean he's big and heavy but I don't see technique or finesse. Seems like a good part of his dominance was being bigger than everyone.

Yeah, he's just a fat guy with absolutely insane production against the pass and run.

I realize the production says otherwise so I'm gonna go back and look at the tape and look at who the Centers and guards he dominated were.

You should. If I am the Colts GM with the number 1 pick and couldn't trade back, not sure if I'd pick him our Williams.